beast
  • beast
  • Select Member Topic Starter
5 years ago
My predictions are

~ With the Packers 2nd selection the Packers will select a major need (continuing the Packers longterm trend)....

~ To be more bold, the Packers take a Safety with the 2nd choice. (preference to FS).

~ Packers will select an OT in the first two days (top three rounds). And I want to go bolder and say the first three selections.

~ Packers will make a trade on day 1.

~ Packers draft another STer, though I'm thinking returner, could be kicker instead.

I wouldn't be surprised to see S, OT, DT, TE as position selected high by the Packers. And maybe ILB next (depends on how they see Martinez, Burks and Josh Jones)

Edit: ~A power RB is drafted, maybe higher than we're thinking
UserPostedImage
gbguy20
5 years ago
Agreed with all of the above except the RB part.
beast
  • beast
  • Select Member Topic Starter
5 years ago

Agreed with all of the above except the RB part.

Originally Posted by: gbguy20 

If you look at the Kyle Shanahan, Sean McVay and Matt LaFleur schemes history, they almost always have a power RB as a starter.

I'm not saying they're going to be the starter, but I think one is important to the scheme.

UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
5 years ago
GB drops back from 12 to mid teens and picks up a 3rd.
GB uses #30 to take TE.
GB takes Parris Campbell in the 2nd round.

UserPostedImage
buckeyepackfan
5 years ago
The over/under for trades by Gutey is 4.5.

I say he will go over!

Before you go looking I just made that number up! Vegas has not called yet to hire me to set numbers.
😁😁😁😁😁

I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
nerdmann
5 years ago
They're gonna take Ed Oliver or Montez Sweat. If neither is there, trade back.

OLB, T, TE. That's what they're looking for early.

S, RB are strong in the mid rounds. They could double up on pass rusher and TE.

If a QB falls, don't be shocked.

30th pick will be sought after. Why not get an extra pick in the top 90? If they trade back on both of these, they could end up with 5 picks in the top 50.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
TheKanataThrilla
5 years ago
I feel that we do the trade down with the 12th pick unless somebody falls that we really didn't expect the opportunity to draft. I believe the trade comes into play depending on how the QBs are drafted. If the QBs go early we then probably stay where we are.

I have the felling we are going OT with first pick. I do wonder whether we change the type of linemen we are drafting. We have pretty good pass blockers, but not very good at run blocking. If LaFleur wants run the ball we might need to re-think our big guys up front.

In the past I would think that Dillard would be the pick as he is the best pass blocker supposedly in the draft. Not sure who they may be targeting of the OTs.
nerdmann
5 years ago

I feel that we do the trade down with the 12th pick unless somebody falls that we really didn't expect the opportunity to draft. I believe the trade comes into play depending on how the QBs are drafted. If the QBs go early we then probably stay where we are.

I have the felling we are going OT with first pick. I do wonder whether we change the type of linemen we are drafting. We have pretty good pass blockers, but not very good at run blocking. If LaFleur wants run the ball we might need to re-think our big guys up front.

In the past I would think that Dillard would be the pick as he is the best pass blocker supposedly in the draft. Not sure who they may be targeting of the OTs.

Originally Posted by: TheKanataThrilla 

The Packers have been getting athletic linemen. They like guys that can get to the second level. That should translate pretty decently to a real zone blocking approach.

Only trouble is with Bulaga. He's solid, but doesn't have that same foot quickness, after all these knee operations.

Cody Ford is a T they could take high, who also has versatility. Under Mike and Ted, this team always valued that. Save a roster spot so we can carry 3 FBs, 5 TEs, 7 WRs, whatever we had that year.

Nowadays we should be stockpiling CBs.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
TheKanataThrilla
5 years ago

Nowadays we should be stockpiling CBs.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

Read that King was the only player not participating in the mincamp workouts. We should probably draft at least one CB.
dhazer
5 years ago
Here is my 1st night of the draft for the Packers

with the #12 pick we trade with the Redskins so they can draft a QB and then with the 15th pick we draft a TE one of the Hawkeyes. Then with the #30 pick we make a trade with the Cardinals, we send them the #30 pick and we get Josh Rosen in exchange.

Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

11-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.