Zero2Cool
6 years ago
This is pretty fascinating to me and exciting. Mike and Joe building an offense together with Aaron Rodgers as the leader? This should be great fun!

UserPostedImage
gbguy20
6 years ago
Maybe we will be a west coast offense again like when our offense was actually good.
Zero2Cool
6 years ago

Maybe we will be a west coast offense again like when our offense was actually good.

Originally Posted by: gbguy20 

I wanna see Randall Cobb getting hit on some slants! The dude is good in open field, get him in the damn open field! Jimmy Graham can run streak, pulling the secondary back, while Cobb slants to the middle, boom! This shit easy yo.
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
6 years ago
Is it the play book or the play calling?

Is Mike suddenly going to become less conservative or will he grow a set and put his foot on the other teams neck when needed.

I like the fact they are retooling everything, but unless Mike takes the chains off at times, will it be effective in game?

Oh.. and let Pettine be as aggressive as he wishes.. let them play with their hair on fire... not sit back and wait to be dissected. If we see a high percentage of two lineman with only 1 backer rushing the passer... errrr.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Barfarn
6 years ago
Who’s new? Philbin, Hostler, Cignetti? These guys are all McCarthy clones…

If a guy that can only write Chinese rewrites a book, it’ll still be in Chinese.

This might be cover for dumbing down the passing game for…guess who?…CORRECT, the new football moron TE who got paid top dollar 😂.

Problem is it will negate the thing that Rodgers does better than anyone else has done, which makes one wonder…is Rodgers NOT getting his extension. We might know for sure after day 1 of the draft.
DarkaneRules
6 years ago
Rodgers can still break the play's design if he wants. That's his choice. He's still the QB and the de-facto leader of the offense.
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
6 years ago
Hope this means the 7 yard deep toss on 2nd and 2 is removed from the playbook!

If they amp up the slant game as well, whoooo boy!
Cheesey
6 years ago
“Captain Negative” strikes again!
(I think you know who I mean!)
THE SKY IS FALLING!
I’m glad they are changing things around.
We have too many offensive weapons to not “put the foot on the gas”.
Too many times we have been conservative, which cost us.

UserPostedImage
PackFanWithTwins
6 years ago
something that needed to be done for a while. I think they got spoiled and didn't realize how much of the offensive success was a result of talent and not play design. When you have Rodgers/Farve along with Jennings, Driver, Jones, Nelson, Finley and later Cobb. It makes play calling easier. Over the years the talent level for receiving options has gradually declined and as it did we have seen the offense struggle more. McCarthy needs to get back to designing plays to help get players open rather than just depending on a matchup and our guys beating theirs.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
Barfarn
6 years ago

something that needed to be done for a while. I think they got spoiled and didn't realize how much of the offensive success was a result of talent and not play design. When you have Rodgers/Farve along with Jennings, Driver, Jones, Nelson, Finley and later Cobb. It makes play calling easier. Over the years the talent level for receiving options has gradually declined and as it did we have seen the offense struggle more. McCarthy needs to get back to designing plays to help get players open rather than just depending on a matchup and our guys beating theirs.

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins 

This is just more of a seemingly unhinged McCarthy trying to outrun his shadow. Or this is cover for dumbing it down for a new TE acquisition.

Playbooks don’t design players open. Their function is to teach the dynamics of the offense and provide a mechanism for communicating large amounts to 11 guys in a few words.

When the PB is written, each defensive player is marked with a generic nondescript symbol. You don’t know if the “RCB” is Revis or Herb Waters. If Revis, you cant design a play that gets the one he’s covering open. You don’t know if the DL is strong or weak or how much they blitz, etc. You don’t even know the identity of your guys; EG, is the “QB” Rodgers or Hundley?

Also, a PB play as written has each defender lined up at one spot on the “paper” [plus perhaps a few notes about anticipated D reactions]. The reality is that if this play is run 20x per year, it’ll be defended 15 different ways.

Also, when a play is called, no one knows if the D is in press, zone, man, 9 men in box, 2 deep, 3 deep, etc.

A team cant scheme mismatches until they’ve scouted the team they know they’re playing and view both injury reports. This has NOTHING to do with the playbook, per se. And even then, the play caller cant truly scheme a guy open, because he doesn’t know how they’ll line up.

The only one that can truly scheme guys open is the QB, after he’s see the D’s alignment and knows whether the play called will work. If guys aren't open [Though this is not the case in reality] the problem is the QB.
Fan Shout
Martha Careful (17h) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (18h) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.