Zero2Cool
15 years ago

On the charter home from Nashville on Sunday night, before takeoff, old friend Bubba Franks walked by Brett Favre's seat on the plane. "How do you feel?'' Franks wondered.

"Like I'm 39,'' Favre said.

And he sounded weary -- weary but happy -- after the Jets manhandled the Titans 34-13, ruining Tennessee's hopes for a perfect season. "I never expected a game like this,'' he said. "When I put the film on to watch them last week, I said, "Holy crap, they're good. Really good. But it's the kind of win that means something, where there's a lot of hooting and hollering in the locker room after the game, and you say to yourself, 'This is fun. This is why I came back.'"

I told Favre it's pretty amazing that four months ago he seemed determined to play for Green Bay or Minnesota or no team, and look what's happened. "You're right,'' he said. "Who'da thunk it? Me, a New York Jet. I remember those days. I was not open to playing anywhere else, but for all the wrong reasons. For revenge, or whatever. And that was wrong. I knew what a change it would be, especially in New York. I was about to be 39, and New York wasn't a great fit. The media, coming off a 4-12 season, learning a new offense, the high expectations ... Did I really want to go through that?

"A change like that would have been tough on a 22-year-old. As a matter of fact, after I reached the agreement with the Jets, we were in the plane coming up to New Jersey and I thought, 'Oh no! What am I doing? I'm making a big mistake.'

"It might have been more than I was up for. But then [wife] Deanna said something to me that made sense. She said, 'Hey, whether you're here one year, two years, or five weeks, whatever, you've got to be committed.' And she was right. I owed it to the Jets to give them everything I had.

"And it's been great. It hasn't been all smooth, but I've enjoyed it. I'm having fun. Now, if we were 3-8 instead of 8-3, I know I'd be back on the farm next year and it'd be over. But I'm just going to play as hard as I can every week the rest of the way and we'll see how it goes.''

No promises about next year. He just doesn't know yet, and he's not allowing himself to think ahead. He did think ahead about one thing Sunday, though.

"There's a good chance we play the Titans again,'' he said. "These guys are good.''

So are the Jets. Maybe second-seed-in-the-AFC good.

UserPostedImage
djcubez
15 years ago

I told Favre it's pretty amazing that four months ago he seemed determined to play for Green Bay or Minnesota or no team, and look what's happened. "You're right,'' he said. "Who'da thunk it? Me, a New York Jet. I remember those days. I was not open to playing anywhere else, but for all the wrong reasons. For revenge, or whatever. And that was wrong. I knew what a change it would be, especially in New York. I was about to be 39, and New York wasn't a great fit. The media, coming off a 4-12 season, learning a new offense, the high expectations ... Did I really want to go through that?

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

Thought that part was interesting.
Zero2Cool
15 years ago
As did I. I think that's the first time we've had some kind of confirmation that Brett wanted Gb or Minn, nothing else. That also helps confirm my theory on what happened. 🙂
UserPostedImage
Heatherthepackgirl
15 years ago
Well think about it, if someone ticked me off I would want revenge to, hes only human. But then thats your first reaction, after thinking about it, you realize the best way to get back at someone is to do your best some wheres else and that is what hes doing. It dont pay to stoop to a bad level.

I am glad he went to the Jets, this team really seems to be rallying around him and playing their butts off now. Mangini seems to be a great coach and good person. And Brett is still wearing green which made the transition a little bit more easier for me. Its cool, because I am getting to know all the players on the Jets team, and they have some great play makers on this team. And Brett is still exciting to watch, he takes command and hes a great leader. I am so happy that this team is where they are. Just hope they can keep it up.
Heathiee
longtimefan
15 years ago
damn why isnt ignore working zero
greenwhiteandnogold
15 years ago

Well think about it, if someone ticked me off I would want revenge to, hes only human. But then thats your first reaction, after thinking about it, you realize the best way to get back at someone is to do your best some wheres else and that is what hes doing. It dont pay to stoop to a bad level.

I am glad he went to the Jets, this team really seems to be rallying around him and playing their butts off now. Mangini seems to be a great coach and good person. And Brett is still wearing green which made the transition a little bit more easier for me. Its cool, because I am getting to know all the players on the Jets team, and they have some great play makers on this team. And Brett is still exciting to watch, he takes command and hes a great leader. I am so happy that this team is where they are. Just hope they can keep it up.

"Heatherthepackgirl" wrote:

Excellent post. Favre is truly a winner!
blank
buckeyepackfan
15 years ago

"greenwhiteandnogold" wrote:

:thumbright: HPG gets it right again!!!

I Agree :thumbright: :thumbright:
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
greenwhiteandnogold
15 years ago

"buckeyepackfan" wrote:

:thumbright: HPG gets it right again!!!

"greenwhiteandnogold" wrote:

I Agree :thumbright: :thumbright:

and I totally agree with your signature (I hope this comment doesn't get the thread locked)
blank
Zero2Cool
15 years ago

Well think about it, if someone ticked me off I would want revenge to, hes only human.

I'd hate to be your boss.

I mean, if ya quit, then I hired someone to replace you. You change your mind, want to come back.

That somehow gives you the right to be ticked off at me and want revenge.

YIKES! Kind of scary if you ask me.

All joking, and proving a very valid point that some will embarrass themselves trying to debunk (ie...dhazer, roddy, buckeye, etc) and what not aside. I'm not glad he's a Jet, I'm glad he's on an AFC team because living in Green Bay area we get most of the games then 🙂

If he was on a NFC team, then their would be less games seen, by me. That would be bad. Very. Bad. Bad, man...
UserPostedImage
greenwhiteandnogold
15 years ago

Well think about it, if someone ticked me off I would want revenge to, hes only human.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

I'd hate to be your boss.

I mean, if ya quit, then I hired someone to replace you. You change your mind, want to come back.

That somehow gives you the right to be ticked off at me and want revenge.

YIKES! Kind of scary if you ask me.

Apples to oranges my friend. That's analogy doesn't fit the Favre situation at all. This is the NFL, not corporate America.
blank
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

8h / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

9h / Packers Draft Threads / beast

10h / Packers Draft Threads / beast

14h / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

14h / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

23h / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / bboystyle

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / go.pack.go.

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.