DoddPower
6 years ago

Nonstop..,..you KNOW he now has to get a dictionary to look up all dem words you dun used in yur post!šŸ˜

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

Some people just have to feel smart on the internet!
buckeyepackfan
6 years ago

I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
Barfarn
  • Barfarn
  • Senior Member Topic Starter
6 years ago

How much do you want to bet Barfarn never used the word "dotard" before Kim Jong-un leveled that epithet against Donald Trump?

Friendly hint, Comrade Barfarn: You might think it makes you sound sophisticated, educated, or clever to bandy about old-fashioned-sounding insults like "dotard," but the word doesn't mean what you seem to think it means. Flogging perfectly good English words so egregiously just makes you sound pretentious, hyperbolic, and worst of all, shrill.

Originally Posted by: Nonstopdrivel 

FYI: ā€œDotardā€ was chosen over many others for some very specific reasons. The fact that this word grabbed your attention, a youngster in every material way, only serves to ratify my artistic communicative genius šŸ˜‚ šŸ˜‚ šŸ˜‚. That aside, even if true that the argumentā€™s author possesses a dearth of command of the language; is this how human beings, purported patriotic Americans, ā€œChristians,ā€ human beings or people that consider themselves moral counter-argue, mocking ideas for their lack of grammar?

Notwithstanding the foregoing, the subject counter-argument constitutes a freakish self-entitled duplicity. While mocking one for using a word tangential to its exact accepted meaning; the counter-argument asserts that English is being ā€œflogged.ā€ Da ways eyes sees it, a language cannot be ā€œflogged;ā€ but Iā€™d be a childish dickhead to make fun of this arguer for using ā€œflogā€ in such a context.

But, hereā€™s the greater depressive tragedy: universities are teaching sociopathy today instead of a respect for Peoples and their rights. In my day, we would have marched over deportations and profiling, harassment and assassinations of minorities. Far too many youngsters today have lost the ability for civil disagreement; hold an egocentric self-entitlement; and possess a fleeting respect for the rule of law and other pillars of our society. Worst of all, theyā€™re just a lot meaner, they relish playing the part of the bully. Far too many seek-out the majority position, regardless of its morality, so they can be on the winning/bullying side. My generation of university students fought on the side of the weaker.

It looks to me like it's supposed to be "Carolina loss is on the GB fan." Looks like he might have been Swyping on a mobile device when he wrote it.

But seriously, the loss is the fault of the fans? Really, Barfarn? Really?

Originally Posted by: Nonstopdrivel 

Another problem with our monosyllabic childish thinking "twitter-brained" society; they think they can understand an argument by reading a headlines or titles. This is why people can be led by the nose by a nonsensical phrase: "Tax cuts to rich will trickle down." The twitter brained dope says, "Doh, oh ya that sounds about right šŸ˜‚." Since "trickle-down" was first introduced by Reagan, a concept that I personally initially accepted, because it fit many economic models; it simply has been proven NOT to work and there's not a respected economist that says it does. What we learned is that a person making 2 mill per year is already spending all she can; and an extra million is squirreled away in offshore accounts or legally laundered thru foreign pass thru companies. Corporations also squirrel money away in pass thru overseas companies. EG. Caterpiller employees 16K people in US; but its Swiss unit of 125 people accounts for over 30% of the company's profit.

Here's a stat: Executive wages in 70's were about 20x the average worker's wage. Iit exploded to 100x in the 80's due ot Reagan's plan. In 2014 it was measured at 330x. But, a dunce n a subject remains a dunce on the subject if he refutes argument with monosyllabic 140 character twitter thinking.

I digress šŸ˜‚, I'll give ya the Cliff's notes:
1. Rodgers played like crap, the gunslinger, the cowboy, wilfullly choosing to stat whore and play outside of the practiced offense. This destroyed our odds of winning.
2. 1265 seeks only profit not winning; if fans continue to idolize Rodgers, 1265 has no motivation to correct Rodgers' play.
3. Rodgers is not held accountable by fans, so he doesnt feel negative impact of his crap play. If fans held him accountable he'd stop that crap and get back to playing like the GOAT he was a few years ago.

Here's a fact: Back half '15 he played like crap; but fans blamed everyone and everything else [Except me of course, I just look at the tape]. So his crap play continued in early '16. During the 4 game losing streak; Rodgers regressing even further. But, one thing changed. Fans began to blame Rodgers; the press started savaging him and miracle of miracles, Rodgers played a lot better. Rodgers announced in off season he was "rededicating" himself to football and started playing this year quite well without an OL.

How the fans react to his crap play; will affect his play going forward.

Now use that education for good. Prove you are not a sociopathic majority seeking bully and break with the clique peanut gallery. Argue like an educated adult: if you disagree, attack the argument not the person!
gbguy20
6 years ago
My twitter brain is screaming at me to reply with simply, "I'd like to attack your argument, if you know what I mean." But gay jokes on the internet aren't as fun when everyone is trying to be so serious. Come on guys, lighten up.
PackFanWithTwins
6 years ago
So many words, with so little said.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
Barfarn
  • Barfarn
  • Senior Member Topic Starter
6 years ago

On the plays where Rodgers REPEATEDLY passed up open shorter routes. Tell me exactly the play called was, what the progressions of the play were, what the defense was showing.

Otherwise give it up because you don't know.

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins 

Congratulations PFWT, you are the only member of the peanut gallery clique to address the subject at hand.

But, your effective argument [Rodgersā€™ bad play canā€™t be quantified because I said so] has to be rejected. If you believe my analysis of the play is or might be wrong, Iā€™d offer that you articulate how.

Of course, I canā€™t be so certain on every play; but I am 100% certain on this one. I havenā€™t reviewed my notes to empirically count; but there are about 12 plays that I can breakdown with a high degree of certainty and Rodgers mentally screwed up on about half and executed the other half correctly. Thereā€™s another 15 or so plays where Rodgers passed on the first reads; but I canā€™t say with certainty if the play required the throw to go to the first reads in that given situation or if there was another prevailing reason why Rodgers executed good judgment in not throwing to those first reads. But, given the overall lack of effectiveness relative to what happens when Rodgers is executing the offense correctly and given we know he screwed up a half dozen times out of 12 random plays; it is safe to say goofed on 1/3 to Ā½ of these plays as well.
PackFanWithTwins
6 years ago

Congratulations PFWT, you are the only member of the peanut gallery clique to address the subject at hand.

But, your effective argument [Rodgersā€™ bad play canā€™t be quantified because I said so] has to be rejected. If you believe my analysis of the play is or might be wrong, Iā€™d offer that you articulate how.

Of course, I canā€™t be so certain on every play; but I am 100% certain on this one. I havenā€™t reviewed my notes to empirically count; but there are about 12 plays that I can breakdown with a high degree of certainty and Rodgers mentally screwed up on about half and executed the other half correctly. Thereā€™s another 15 or so plays where Rodgers passed on the first reads; but I canā€™t say with certainty if the play required the throw to go to the first reads in that given situation or if there was another prevailing reason why Rodgers executed good judgment in not throwing to those first reads. But, given the overall lack of effectiveness relative to what happens when Rodgers is executing the offense correctly and given we know he screwed up a half dozen times out of 12 random plays; it is safe to say goofed on 1/3 to Ā½ of these plays as well.

Originally Posted by: Barfarn 

Can't find video of that play so I cannot confirm your assessment.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
Fan Shout
beast (17-May) : Not sure why a players views reflect on GB... instead of simply on the player
Martha Careful (17-May) : I bet some of us have had 6+ mRNA jabs, a UKR flag on our walls, and still think Fauci has a thread of integrity
Zero2Cool (16-May) : From what I've read, it's all Jets , not us.
CanPackFan (16-May) : Will there ever be a time when Rodgers' whacko views will not reflect on GB? He is the past, thank god.
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Jan 4th gonna be rough with that start time lol
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Packers schedule listed. Boom.
buckeyepackfan (15-May) : Let the leaks begin. Colts @ Packers week 2, Vikings @ Packers week 4
Zero2Cool (14-May) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (14-May) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Zero2Cool (13-May) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Zero2Cool (13-May) : I know we moved on. That tidbit just makes me a touch happier.
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Sources spoke of many, many times last summer where Hackett called a play, then Rodgers changed it completely at the line
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: ā€œGot in a fight with the bench press. I lost.ā€
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

15-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

12-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

Headlines
Copyright Ā© 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.comā„¢. All Rights Reserved.