Zero2Cool
6 years ago

Negative things? I see this as a huge positive and opportunity.

I usually don't post during regular season. I realize how most people see things and want to be respectful of their right to live in whatever world that makes them happy. Having me posing tough questions or raw opinions doesn't fit well and riles people.

Sorry, to ruffle you. Z wanted me out of Shout and into the forum. I knew better but posted anyway. I'll refrain so you don't have to deal with anything that might make your fan experience less fun than you need it to be.

Packers are great! Go Pack Go! Winning franchise baby! So proud!

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

You can't have it one way without the other. Your input and feedback is wanted. You are not wrong for how you feel. It is how you feel. It is your opinion. Just like someone having an opinion of your opinion is equally acceptable.

The question stands. Yes, to some it is stupid, ignorant, idiotic to think or even consider cleaning house. So what? Let's discuss this logically as we can with some respectful discussions! We can do that! You can do that! Let's all do that!

Thank you.
UserPostedImage
gbguy20
6 years ago
The game plan on both sides of the ball and off the field is holding this team back. The current regime has been given too many chances and have gotten away with too many excuses. We need change just for the sake of doing something different for once. Doing the same thing and expecting different results is stupid
beast
6 years ago

Cap Number for 2018 
Clay Matthews $11.4 million cap number. I wouldn't mind him traded before 4pm ET.
Martellus Bennett has $8.5 million cap number.
Randall Cobb has $12.7 million cap number.
Jordy Nelson has $12.5 million cap number.
Aaron Rodgers has $20.9 million cap number. Maybe a re-structure/extension gives us more space?

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Packers need more some good cheap talent at some key positions such as WR, OLB, CB and IF Bennett retires then TE too.
UserPostedImage
yooperfan
6 years ago
I don't want a complete housecleaning at this point in Aaron Rodgers career, but I would like to see a little fine tuning.
I'd like to see Ted Thompson and Dom Capers gone.
isocleas2
6 years ago

The game plan on both sides of the ball and off the field is holding this team back. The current regime has been given too many chances and have gotten away with too many excuses. We need change just for the sake of doing something different for once. Doing the same thing and expecting different results is stupid

Originally Posted by: gbguy20 

Yes doing the same thing that got us a superbowl 7 years ago and the playoffs every year for almost a decade, with the same coaches. I honestly think some of you can't remember what happened passed the last game. You lose a couple and suddenly you feel you're as repressed as a Browns fan. Woe is me.

Doing something just for the sake of doing it isn't a plan, and its not how valuable companies are run. Hell its not how most gas stations are run.
buckeyepackfan
6 years ago
Here's my final thoughts on this subject.
I will say those of you who just shared your thoughts, pro or con , it was an enjoyable and informative read.
There are 9 weeks left in this regular season.
Nobody is getting fired until the season is over .

I'm gonna get behind this team, whoever is on the field and hope they are successful and come January we all once again enjoy some playoff football which includes The Packers.

You want to call me a "Homer" or narrow minded, so be it.
The fun is just beginning!
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
PackFanWithTwins
6 years ago
Davon and his wife are very capable of cleaning themselves.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
Porforis
6 years ago

Davon and his wife are very capable of cleaning themselves.

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins 

😒
Nonstopdrivel
6 years ago
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
6 years ago

Here's my final thoughts on this subject.
I will say those of you who just shared your thoughts, pro or con , it was an enjoyable and informative read.
There are 9 weeks left in this regular season.
Nobody is getting fired until the season is over .

I'm gonna get behind this team, whoever is on the field and hope they are successful and come January we all once again enjoy some playoff football which includes The Packers.

You want to call me a "Homer" or narrow minded, so be it.
The fun is just beginning!

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan 

There's nothing wrong with being a homer as long as you realize it. Homer is good. More fun that way for sure. I admire your optimism and rah rah spirit to a degree. It just comes with the connotation that you're not seeing things clearly, nor would you like to. That's the price and I'm unwilling to pay it. You shouldn't hate me for not being like you. I certainly don't hate you. I understand you and always get where you're coming from. I would like for you to understand that I am not a homer, don't want to be, and am going to desire different things.

I stay off this forum in season because it's divisive. I don't mind the divisiveness during the offseason and have just decided that it's a good fit there as there's not as much to talk about as in season.

One thing for sure, I don't not post because things are good. That's ludicrous. I posted in Shout! when we were 4-6 last year and had put newsy things prior. This entire forum was in the doldrums and I like most wondered if Aaron Rodgers was done. He'd been in a very long funk with brutal body language. As he goes, we go, so at 4-6 and him struggling it was pure logic to think we were done. We ended up not being and I thoroughly enjoyed the run but like usual it ended in flames. Now, this year, Rodgers gets hurt which is a HUGE story. I was compelled to post a lot in shout about his diagnosis and was asked by Z to bring it to the forums. Feeling this was an atypical season now, I was good with speaking about what I considered a monumental story. It had nothing to do with me coming here because it was negative. If you noticed, I was actually very upbeat and excited to see Hundley and Aaron Jones. After what we saw, it's pretty much a no brainer to conclude there's a major issue at QB. Will he get better? Can't get much worse. I reacted to yet what looks like another wasted year of 12's career. Yes, the injury, but our backup plan looks to be as effective as our fixes on D. Sick of seeing such poor results per the investments made. Trading up for Hundley and saying you had a 2nd round grade, if memory serves, tells you that had we needed a starter we may have jumped on Brett in Round 2. This is on the org now to get some results out of Hundley. Not negative to state that...reality.

I'll continue posting in my rosy fashion as it hits me to do so but please stop this notion that I like when the Packers are down. I do like seeing the homers spin when it happens, just like the homers like to see me "unhappy" in their minds when things are going well. Loved the Dallas win. I live right outside of Big D. Aaron Jones is may favorite Packers draft pick in ages and to see him go off was even that much more enjoyable to me, personally. AND...he's on my fantasy team (the only Packer) and that made it even that much more enjoyable.

Been a follower of this team for nearly 4 decades. I've flown to see them at SF in NFC Championship spending crazy money to do so, and also was there in Lambeau for home playoff run that led to our SB victory vs. New England paying ridiculous prices to do that. So, you shouldn't question my Packers love. I just don't like a lot of what I see and I want to see championships. Playoff appearances and winning records do NOTHING for me. NOTHING. I understand for some, most, many that is so important but not to me. You play to win it all. No other reason. You have failed if you don't win it all along with 30 other failures. Your only goal is being the one standing at the end. If you're satisfied with anything but, I honestly believe you do NOT understand the nature of competition and sport at all. A winner only accepts winning. I love the quote: "I hate losing more than I like winning." That's me...I hate losing. Losing in NFC Championship is LOSING. It is not winning. Winning is when they blow the confetti over your head and have you up on the podium handing over the Lombardi. It is the only reason I watch or follow. I will watch a 2-14 team just fine with the hopes it builds to be a winner. I'll take a 2-14 sold out to be a champion vs. an annual 11-5 team that bows out year after year and justifies it by calling it "successful". I see no Lombardi then I don't see success. Sure, certain players may be growing toward the goal, and that's great, but let's win some more before Aaron is done and it's like it is with Hundley for a long long time.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

Fan Shout
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.