PackFanWithTwins
6 years ago

Isn't standing for the national anthem showing unity?
The anthem is for ALL Americans.

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

Why yes it is. Everybody joining arms would be trying to unify behind the protest.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
uffda udfa
6 years ago
If I was in Aaron Rodgers shoes, I would simply say this is not what I'm here for. There are countless issues worthy of protest in America. I handle these things in house with my teammates. Has Rodgers asked for a protest on health care? Has he asked for a protest for seniors who don't have enough money to survive? Has he commented on the shrinking middle class, gender gaps, etc? No. His concern emanates out of back scratching to keep a good public image and to keep peace in his locker room. If Aaron was so concerned about racism or police brutality he would've been Colin Kaepernick and started this whole thing. Even after CK opened the door on this Rodgers wasn't seeking for change. He only sought compromise when the light was shined upon him. The whole thing is fraudulent. This is how things "change" in this country. There's an onslaught of media coverage that ultimately makes one feel that if they don't join the movement they're bigoted or flawed in some way. It's a sick trap laid for unwitting Americans who can't see the forest for the trees.

The mistake made, imo, is believing because you play football it is incumbent on you to create social change. These guys are adored for a skill they possess for a game and think their sway transcends outside of it. Some will say...JJ Watt! JJ Watt! Yes, JJ Watt the football player was the face of a donation site for hurricane donations WHERE HE LIVED. He was given the majority of his money by corporations and fat cats looking to capitalize on the good will of having donated. Giving to hurricane relief efforts and being agents of social change aren't remotely the same thing, at least to me.

Hoping this is finally over. Once the media pressure dies so will Aaron Rodgers desire to show out for harmony and change. He's there to play football regardless of what he said last night. He didn't say a word about all this until pressured. The whole thing is a sham of epic proportions. Yes, of course, don't be a freaking racist. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. Not so hard. Some will follow some will not. At least we will know who is who not pretend we're all unified making that task that much harder.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

PackFanWithTwins
6 years ago
If they keep it up, I have no problem spending more weekends in the woods hunting.
uffda udfa
6 years ago
Where are the media stories and tweets on the Packers fans not following the team's request? It was a bad look for the org. Had it gone the other way how different do you think the media would've handled things?

This is not a positive or negative stance. It would be nice if we could simply get some basic integrity, objectivity and truth in coverage of this story.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

Zero2Cool
6 years ago

Where are the media stories and tweets on the Packers fans not following the team's request? It was a bad look for the org. Had it gone the other way how different do you think the media would've handled things?

This is not a positive or negative stance. It would be nice if we could simply get some basic integrity, objectivity and truth in coverage of this story.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

If we're going to talk about truth, we should probably point out that it was the Players (specifically Aaron Rodgers) who invited fans to lock arms, not the organization.

If 78,000 fans interlocked arms, yes, I do think you're right that we'd be smothered with images galore. What do you have to gain by posting images of fans not interlocking arms? You're reaching there and I think this reaching needs to stop by everyone. There is an enormous amount of misinformation and blatant lying going on and quite frankly I am tired of reading it and about it.

Bottom line, stand for the National Anthem.
UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
6 years ago
I stand corrected...I did see some things addressing the invitation.

The infamous memo from the PACKERS PLAYERS was a PR move. Who put it out? 1265 or Martellus or all the players? The org put out the memo under the guise that it was from all the players. A PR move to take spotlight off 12 who you can tell really doesn't want it at all but is forced to answer or look bad.

To me, the fact that the invitation from the "Packers players" was so soundly rejected by the fans tells me that this will soon come to an end. FOX is not going to show the anthem this weekend. A GREAT move.

It's so interesting to me to hear WHY Rodgers says he asked for unity. It wasn't for racism, it wasn't for police brutality, it was over Trump's comments on the players. Do many even understand what Rodgers wanted and what the memo asked for were regarding two completely different things? Hard to show unity when the message is as mixed as the one coming from 1265. Again, let's hope the monumental rejection and subsequent embarrassment puts an end to all this. The Pack won't be back home for awhile so by the time they do this should be yesterday's news.

http://www.tmz.com/2017/09/29/michael-bennett-cops-to-show-body-cam-footage/ 

What was your perception before and after? Might be good every time you hear racism that you actually look to see and hear both sides before going with the media.
UserPostedImage

Zero2Cool
6 years ago
Are we taking the inquiry of what will you do, lock arms or not, and turning this into Michael Bennett? Evolution is real folks.

http://www.tmz.com/2017/09/29/michael-bennett-cops-to-show-body-cam-footage/ 

What was your perception before and after?

I had no perception because I wasn't there and didn't have any information. If I had to formulate one based on what I have read and what saw, I would surmise that Bennett feels he is a victim in every situation because of his skin color and thus feels he's singled out as such. I don't fault him for running because he did or thought he heard gunfire, but you have to have self awareness and open mindedness to understand that the Police have a job to do. I would ask Bennett go on a few ride-a-longs to help with that.

What was your perception before and after? Might be good every time you hear racism that you actually look to see and hear both sides before going with the media.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

Are you implying that I side with the media?
UserPostedImage
Barfarn
6 years ago

Are we taking the inquiry of what will you do, lock arms or not, and turning this into Michael Bennett? Evolution is real folks.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Evolution is good 😂. What’s happening w/ Michael Bennett is 100% related to Anthem stuff and could easily affect Martellus’ mental state going forward. Imagine Marty's perspective: your brother is threatened with gun to his head, the cops attempt to further victimize him by publically lying and defaming him and then the President calls both you and your brother the offspring of a bitch.

The redacted video released by LVMPD only proves their consciousness of guilt.

1. The LVMPD stated it has 126 dash and body cam videos of the alleged shooting and this is all they got that portends to show the appropriateness of their behavior? 126 videos! What is that 30-40+ cars and 80+ cops? All these cops activated 126 video cams to run…but oops the one guy, the one effing cop, that could prove Bennett’s a liar had his off. What an amazing coincidence, simply amazing. However, what does Malcolm Nance teach us? Answer: coincidences take an awful lot of planning.

2. Bennett’s accusations are facially credible. Bennett did not publicly announce the threat until weeks later and he had an attorney. The attorney would have said something like this, “Michael that is an amazing story, but we got to be careful. All these cops have dash and body cameras, and if we put out a public narrative about what occurred and the cameras make it appear it did not occur, it could jeopardize your case.” Here’s a Lawyer’s lawyer joke: How does a lawyer know when his client is lying? His lips are moving. A good lawyer is ALWAYS skeptical of his client’s [sometimes honest] distortions of fact. Bennett could not have known there was not a complete video record of his entire encounter. There is just no way an intelligent guy with a crap load to lose, after 2 weeks with a lawyer, will tell the “gun to the head” story if it were not true.

3. There is the accusation of a crime having been committed and there’s an ongoing legal fight; what is the LVMPD doing releasing justification videos? They wouldn’t do this if was about any other crime they were investigating. These unprofessional clowns have taken an oath to remain a neutral investigative police agency; but they are showing their true nature: dishonest corrupt thugs.

4. They tried to get the NFL too investigate. A police agency asking the NFL to interfere in the investigation of a crime in their jurisdiction? Why are these ass-clowns acting this way? BTW, that was a rhetorical question!

5. Here’s what a LVMPD spokesman said, "I can tell you as I stand here today…I see no evidence of that [Bennett’s claim that a cop had a gun to his head threatening to blow it off].” First off dude, Bennett saying it happened is evidence! Well, unless he means Black lives or words don’t matter. Second, I expect a real cop to say, I have spoken with my officer and he flat out denies that he threatened to blow Bennett’s head off. Why no denial? Again, that’s rhetorical, you all know why.

6. Perhaps most precious of all, “there was no racial profiling because the officers were Hispanic? What an insulting, ridiculous, desperate and insensitive or racist thing to say.
Barfarn
6 years ago
For the opinionated ones that can hear one side of a redacted story and decide [Of course its not deciding is it? Its just confirming your prejudice]. So you watch the video like this:

That unidentifiable blur running behind a slot machine, yeah that’s Bennett 😂, right? HTF do you know that’s Bennett 😂. Then you FANTASIZE about what is happening in the gaps in video, thinking to yourself [sounding like deputy dog], “da, ya, Ize cants sees nuttins, so nuttins mustabea happenin’.” 😂

Bennett may be lyin', none of us have proof or smoking gun type evidence. But, posing an argument that the video released by the LVMPD creates a certainty that Bennett is lying is the argument of a biased fool that has prejudged.

A mature open mind ruled by honesty and scholarship does not do this. Here’s an example:

The police dash cam video of Black Walter Scott shows Scott being compliant. The white cop then calmly walks back to his cruiser and his report said at that moment the dash cam video malfunctioned. Next thing we see is a video of a civilian showing Scott running from cop and being shot in the back 7 times, then the killer cop picking something off the ground where he was and dropping it by the dead body witnessed by 2 other cops. All the reports and video jived that this was a justifiable shooting as presented by the cops. This is standard operating procedure for PDs across America when facing misconduct. They lie, cheat, commit crimes and form a blue shield.

And right now you feel fine about it because you are not the targets. Well one day, you, your kids or grankids will probably be, if real patriots that respect this nation don’t rise [some thru anthem protest] to stop this.
PackFanWithTwins
6 years ago
All the video I've seen shows a reasonable detention.

Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (12h) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (13h) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (14h) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (14h) : For now...
Zero2Cool (15h) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (17h) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (17h) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (21h) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (21h) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM