Barfarn
  • Barfarn
  • Senior Member Topic Starter
6 years ago
Until Rodgers plays better than Ryan; we cant beat Atlanta.

Rodgers simply played like a rookie when it counted [EG, 2 good plays, 1 mediocre, 1 very bad]. Some of the worst: (1) He got scared in the pocket and sailed one over Adams, who was wide open for 1st on a 3rd and long [Adams got shook up and missed a few snaps] and turned the ball back over to Atl. (2) He refused to change a called running play on 2nd 9 and ran into a 9 man front for -2. This was an opportunity for a big play instead 3rd and 3. (3)The INT to Allison was him playing with rookie impatience; a back shoulder gets the first, but Rodgers wanted a big play. (4) The Lateral for Atl TD was 100% STUPID. His Tackles cut the outside rushers, so there’s no extra beat to throw, there’s no running around; the pro QB knows, its read 1, read 2, get rid of the ball, there is just no excuse for him getting hit, ZERO. It is a rookie QB that snaps the ball, cant get ball out, then forgets the pass coverage he called.

Bennett battled his ass off. But was awful catching the pass when it counted; ran a terrible route on a back shoulder in 3rd Q.

The young tackles were wonderful considering. And they might have just been good period. I can’t wait to watch the tape on these guys. Atl with a big lead allowed the DL to just tee off on these guys and they held up when I was looking. We have some great young depth on OL, I guess Mike McCarthy wasn’t lying about it.

Kevin King had 2 fantastic 1 on 1 PERFECT coverages on Julio! One on goal line so he didn’t have to worry about getting beat deep [Grade A-]. On the crossing route he avoided the rub, got his hand on Julio’s shoulder to slow him w/o getting PI/Hold call and dove and knocked down a very good pass [A/A+]. If King’s tracking, hand work and ball skills are this good on a consistent basis, he will be a pro-bowler. King had a great coverage on Gabrial [B], and a C+/B- coverage on Hardy [where C is the average CB]. King will be starting next time we play Atlanta! Played zone beautifully on a pass to RB in flat and made open field tackle for loss [B+].

He got beat by Julio once badly [D-], but throw didn’t go that way; several times King was asking for help on his assignment, which might mean he’s not quite ready to start. Gave up a 14 yard slant to Gabriel in 4th [C]; but this is on Capers. He calls a blitz; then has King playing 7 yards off LOS. Of course it is possible King blew his alignment [If so D-]; but Capers has done this silly stuff before.

Fackrell played very close to average again, this is progress.

Brice’s lack of coverage skills were exposed. Jones played most of 2nd half and didn’t get burned; but Atl wasn’t running wide open to really expose him. I’m guessing, we’ll get a better look at him next week.

Randall missed some plays probably due to injury and House didn’t finish the game. Wish we had Gunter. Maybe Ted can get him back for a 7th, he’ll never get to us on waivers even if cut. We might have to get Ringo from Det PS or bring back a double-dipping Fancios.
stevegb
6 years ago
Brice was injured.
blank
nerdmann
6 years ago
Agreed, the tackles held up very well. This was a classic Mike McCarthy lull, combined with Aaron playing scared due to the scrub tackles.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Barfarn
  • Barfarn
  • Senior Member Topic Starter
6 years ago

Brice was injured.

Originally Posted by: stevegb 

Yep, but Jones was not far behind. With the actual game time he got Sunday and Jones taking most of the reps this week and Brice probably not being 100% next week = Jones starting v. Bengals.

stevegb
6 years ago
I did like Jones, single handedly saved a would be long touchdown run with a nice diving tackle. Was really happy with CM3's game yesterday too, maybe hes more suited to play on turf then grass. Can't think of much else i was impressed with other then King. Things that I wasn't really impressed about the game yesterday:
-O-line didn't get much push on the run
-Bennett dropped a lot of catches I would've expected him to catch (off night?)
-Starting to really lose faith in Rollins
-Secondary in general, King was good and I liked Jones but no-one else did anything. Field looked wide open most of the time I miss Collins... 😞
-Rodgers and most of his receivers seems to just be off, not sure, I feel like we are trying to force this "balanced attack, must run and pass equally". When we were/are most successful we substitute the run game for 4-5 yard passes, that's how I see these packers most successful and its like it takes 6 weeks for the team to realize it and play like it. I dunno that's just my opinion.
-Monty as a RB. Mainly to add to the point above, he's a nice pinch hit runner but I'd prefer to see him as a wide in a 4-5 wide set consistently and use him as the occasional RB.
blank
RainX
6 years ago
I don't care what team you are. Going into the game without your two starting tackles, and within the first quarter have your best WR and best defensive player leave the game due to being banged up. That's going to be tough for any team (contender or no) to overcome, especially on the road.

If this team is going to go anywhere in the playoffs this year, a minimum of a first round bye if not HFA should be the goal. You need to get a speedy team like Atlanta outdoors in January on some tough natural surface and do what you can to contain Jones. Atlanta in my mind is beatable, but you have to do a better job protecting the football. Turnovers were what killed any momentum the team might have had in both the NFCCG and last night. I think when at full strength the Packers are more than capable of hanging with the Falcons, but if they meet again in the playoffs, the Packers have got to get them in Lambeau in January to slow them down a notch.
blank
isocleas2
6 years ago
It's a marathon not a sprint. The Packers lost in Atlanta in 2010 before the put it together down the stretch, if you're ready to jump off the bandwagon over this game please do. You won't be missed.
Cheesey
6 years ago
Losing both tackles hurt BIG time. And Jordy....geez. Rodgers looked terrified that he was gonna get killed out there.
Atlanta has our number. Like Seattle USED to.
We got taken to the shed and spanked by a MUCH better team.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
6 years ago
Right from the start it looked like the Packers were simply on a level (or two) below the Falcons. When Falcons are on that turf, their speed is astonishing and overwhelming. If this was played at Lambeau Field, I think the Packers put a lot better fight.

I lost interest in the game pretty quick. The amount of players going out because of getting hurt was just insane. Every time a Packers player was hit or tackled, I cringed.

Falcons got away with a pick play which was worse than the one that negated a ~35 yard play for the Packers. The Aaron Rodgers pass that was on the line, that should have been a incomplete pass, but since the ruling on the field was fumble, it had to stay fumble because they need indisputable evidence to over turn the call. That 7 points really hurt the Packers and ultimately felt like a nail in the coffin.

Packers will roll the Bengals at Lambeau Field and go to 2 - 1. I wasn't expecting to beat BOTH Seahawks AND Falcons  anyway.

UserPostedImage
yooperfan
6 years ago

Losing both tackles hurt BIG time. And Jordy....geez. Rodgers looked terrified that he was gonna get killed out there.
Atlanta has our number. Like Seattle USED to.
We got taken to the shed and spanked by a MUCH better team.

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

Rodgers did look rattled in the second quarter and I don't blame him, he had no time to play his game and create on the fly.
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (5h) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (6h) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (6h) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (6h) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (7h) : 4th
Zero2Cool (7h) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9h) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9h) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (14h) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (14h) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
11m / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

24m / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

31m / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / bboystyle

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.