Nonstopdrivel
15 years ago
Since at this point, the officers in question have been exonerated, I am going to edit the title of this thread to reflect that Driver's father alleged that he had been beaten by the cops. I don't think it's responsible to state he was beaten when at this time there is no proof of the allegations.
UserPostedImage
dhazer
15 years ago
Ok i just found this so i wanted to add it in.

Packers | Houston police officers sue Driver's father
Sat, 07 Feb 2009 07:19:05 -0800

Andy Nelesen, of the Green Bay Press-Gazette, reports three Houston police officers are suing Green Bay Packers WR Donald Driver's father, Marvin Driver Jr. The three officers are also suing a Houston community activist, claiming the two defamed the cops when they claimed Driver's father was beaten last November. The three officers are seeking unspecified damages for they say were false and defamatory statements made about Driver's arrest on outstanding traffic warrants.
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
go.pack.go.
15 years ago
Wow, I don't see how anybody could just make this stuff up. It has to be true, those cops are bastards....
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
15 years ago

Wow, I don't see how anybody could just make this stuff up. It has to be true, those cops are bastards....

"go.pack.go." wrote:

Trust me.........people make this kind of crap up all the time.
That said, i don't know if the cops did it or not.
Look at Rodney King. The guy takes cops on a high speed chase......when they FINALLY get him to stop, he gets out of the car. The cops tell him over and over and over to get down on the ground.......he ignores the cops. They tazer him, but because he is so high on drugs, the tazers have no effect. King is a HUGE man, that could have killed one of the cops with his bare hands. They end up having to beat the crap out of him to finally get him down and cuffed. This was all caught on tape.
The cops end up getting sued and losing their jobs.
To me, the cops used alot of restraint. They did what was necessary to get a violent offender under control. They COULD have just shot the guy.
I can see why people don't want to be police officers anymore. They put their lives on the line every day, and that is the kind of thanks they get.
Are there bad cops? I'm sure there are. But most are good people trying to do a VERY difficult mostly thankless job.
JMO
UserPostedImage
bozz_2006
15 years ago
he could kill the cops with his bare hands? that's a big assumption cheesey
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
15 years ago

he could kill the cops with his bare hands? that's a big assumption cheesey

"bozz_2006" wrote:

The guy was super high on drugs. Haven't you seen where people that high are able to do "super human" things? Just the fact that the tazers did NOTHING to him proves that. Any "normal" person would have been down after just once being tazered.
And if it was you, would YOU want to take even a CHANCE that if that guy gets his hands on you he may snap your neck? Should we expect police to have to take that chance???
They did what they HAD to do to get him under control. Nothing else was working.
Should they have just walked away and let him get back in his car to drive off, higher then a kite, where he just might run someone down and not even know it?
Please tell me..........what other choice did they have? He already lead them on a high speed chase. It was just LUCKY some innocent person didn't get killed by this idiot.
UserPostedImage
bozz_2006
15 years ago
no i wouldn't! But, I'm not trained to defend myself. they used force to control him, but they were ovviously (and rightfullY) mad at him for leading them on the chase, etc. then they beat the ever-loving piss out of anger. almost killed him. MAYBE he could have killed them. they put him down, then they DID almost kill him. they beat on him long after he was subdued, swinging their wooden night sticks at his head while he was on the ground. they could have easily cuffed him but there were over half a dozen officers that decided to take out their anger on him instead of letting it be decided in court. he is lying on the ground unconscious and they are hitting him as hard over and over, swinging at his head with their night sticks and stomping on his head with their heels. the violence was beyond excessive cheesey. watch the video.
UserPostedImage
bozz_2006
15 years ago
[youtube]ROn_9302UHg[/youtube]
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
15 years ago

no i wouldn't! But, I'm not trained to defend myself. they used force to control him, but they were ovviously (and rightfullY) mad at him for leading them on the chase, etc. then they beat the ever-loving piss out of anger. almost killed him. MAYBE he could have killed them. they put him down, then they DID almost kill him. they beat on him long after he was subdued, swinging their wooden night sticks at his head while he was on the ground. they could have easily cuffed him but there were over half a dozen officers that decided to take out their anger on him instead of letting it be decided in court. he is lying on the ground unconscious and they are hitting him as hard over and over, swinging at his head with their night sticks and stomping on his head with their heels. the violence was beyond excessive cheesey. watch the video.

"bozz_2006" wrote:

Yes....it was excessive.
So....what lesson is to be learned by all this? Who ultimately is to blame for what happened?
Hmmm.......maybe.....don't get high as a kite and lead cops on a high speed chase.
And if your still too stupid to ignore that, how about......when the chase is over, DO WHAT THE COPS TELL YOU TO DO.
All of it could and would have been avoided had King not CHOSE to break several laws, putting not only himself, but innocent bystanders AND all the cops involved lives in danger.
Obey the laws, and you have very little chance of being beat down.
Pretty simple as i see it.
I find it hard to feel very sorry for someone who puts law abiding citizens very lives in danger, then pisses and moans because he/she ends up beat up.
It's NOT like the cops just attacked some innocent guy minding his own business.
Oh....and your video picks up way after King ignored what the cops told him to do....repeatedly.
Do i condone the cops beating him? No. But ultimately King himself set the whole mess in motion by his own actions.
If you start a fire, it's hard to feel sorry for the arsonist if he gets burned.
UserPostedImage
bozz_2006
15 years ago
I don't expect cops to act like saints. We're all human and they acted very humanly in the situation. But, in a way, so did King. We all make huge mistakes and we treat each other horribly.

How are you turning this around on me? How am I saying that it's okay to get high?

I didn't say that. I said that they beat the daylights out of the guy and it was not necessary. I would like it if our police officers took the high road and acted in accordance with the oath they take as an officer instead of stooping to the level of the criminals they are paid to protect us from.
UserPostedImage