Zero2Cool
6 years ago
I very much agree with what is highlighted below.

Bills running back LeSean McCoy thinks Colin Kaepernick‘s current unemployment is more nuanced than either that he’s being blackballed, or that he’s not good enough.

McCoy says teams may not like Kaepernick because of his national anthem protest, but McCoy believes a bigger issue is that teams don’t think Kaepernick is a good enough quarterback to be worth bringing a distraction to the team.

“That may have something to do with but I think it also has a lot to do with his play,” McCoy said. “I’m sure a lot of teams wouldn’t want him as their starting quarterback. Then it’s the chaos that comes with it. It’s a lot. A team’s trying to win and not have a distraction on a team. As a player, there’s certain players that can be on a team with big distractions, and other players, they’re not good enough that it’s worth it. I think his situation is, not good enough to have on a team with all the attention that comes along with it. I’m sure if a guy like [Tom] Brady or a guy like — whoever is your favorite player, Odell Beckham or a guy like that — you’ll deal with that attention and play him. With certain guys, it’s not worth it.”

McCoy seems to think a lot of the commentary surrounding Kaepernick has come from people whose opinions aren’t worth much.

“I think the whole Kaepernick situation, in this country you can believe what you want, freedom of speech,” McCoy said. “I think maybe they could choose a better platform to state their beliefs. One thing I’ve learned about is that people in America, they’re followers. There’s some people that if you ask about these topics, they’ll say what they heard, not what they know.”

As the NFL faces increased criticism for Kaepernick’s continued unemployment, McCoy doesn’t sound particularly concerned.

Michael David Smith  wrote:

UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
6 years ago
It is really hard to care about Kaepernick. He can protest if he wants to. Sitting on his butt will never change anything. It never has. It never will.

As far as his QB abilities, he really isn't that good. His coaches came up with a scheme that was effective against GB but other teams watched the video and came up with their on scheme to counter the SF game plan.
UserPostedImage
uffda udfa
6 years ago
I could not agree with McCoy more than when he said: "...if you ask about these topics, they’ll say what they heard, not what they know.”

This is one of the biggest problems with our society today. People who are completely clueless have these really strong opinions based on absolutely nothing that they know. Feel free to take a shot at me but man is this ever the truth.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

Porforis
6 years ago

People who are completely clueless have these really strong opinions based on absolutely nothing that they know. Feel free to take a shot at me but man is this ever the truth.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

Add confirmation bias on top of that, and suddenly reality doesn't matter anymore.
PackFanWithTwins
6 years ago
If we assume he is not getting a job because of his protesting and actions. It is a perfect example of Free Speech not being free from consequences.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
Cheesey
6 years ago
You are free to say what you feel, but you have to know that there will be consequences to it.
If he was a great QB, maybe an owner would feel it's worth all the backlash. But for a so-so player, why bring that stress to your team?
And actually doing something for your beliefs means more then sitting down for the anthem.
Protests are fine, but they don't really do anything but make the protester feel good.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
6 years ago
Plus, Kaepernick was still under contract with San Francisco. He decided to walk away from his job.
Kind of hard to feel sorry for him.
He wore those socks that had cops depicted as "pigs", and wore a Fidel Castro shirt. So he seems to want to dig himself in deeper and deeper.
Like I said, there are consequences to your actions.
I can understand why, with him not being an elite QB, that these types of actions would make an owner not want to take on that kind of player.
UserPostedImage
Porforis
6 years ago

Plus, Kaepernick was still under contract with San Francisco. He decided to walk away from his job.
Kind of hard to feel sorry for him.
He wore those socks that had cops depicted as "pigs", and wore a Fidel Castro shirt. So he seems to want to dig himself in deeper and deeper.
Like I said, there are consequences to your actions.
I can understand why, with him not being an elite QB, that these types of actions would make an owner not want to take on that kind of player.

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

I've made this argument in previous conversations elsewhere, but you can get away with all kinds of things if you're elite. That's why football players can run dogfighting rings, go to prison, and then get a job back after a few years. Or beat the crap out of their girlfriends. Their skills are good enough that they still make their employers money. If you're average or worse, you're more of a liability to your employer than an asset, so you'll be thrown to the wolves. Money money money.
Barfarn
6 years ago
This thread is 100% irony. Some of you think you “know” what McCoy is saying…Funny.

McCoy is saying that Blacks are disparately mistreated by cops; but the average person is an easily influenced sheep or an equivocator that ignores the mistreatment [He’s lived it, he knows it is true!]. But adds football is not the proper venue for this protest, because of the “chaos” is causes. What is ambiguous is whether McCoy objects to the football venue because a football venue is inappropriate or is he implying this venue is an inappropriate because if you don’t dance just right for elites that think they know what is going on, you’ll lose your job.

Let’s stop for a moment and think like intelligent adults here. Why should this issue cause “chaos?”

Here are some uncontroverted facts we all [should] KNOW! There is a LONG history in this nation of minorities being lynched and mistreated directly by police or by private citizens and paramilitary organizations and the police were 100% unconcerned. Sherriff Joe Arpaio, after the presentation of evidence, was ordered by a federal judge to stop his illegal and racist behavior and he flat out REFUSES to follow the law. We have another judge, after the presentation of evidence, finding Stop and Frisk disparately targeted minorities. In 10 minutes you can find 10 videos on you tube of Blacks getting assassinated by cops and you’ll find none of white people assassinated. The innocence project in convictions they have overturned found that Black’s are 7x more likely to be falsely convicted of murder than whites. Per capita we have a whole bunch more minorities claiming they have been stopped, harassed, beat during encounters with the popo. In Charlottesville, the with Nazi’s marching with torches there was “a police presence;” and one Nazi drew his firearm IN A CROWD and shot at the feet of a Black guy, and then walked past a line of State Police [Democracynow.org], who did NOTHING. When BLM marched in Ferguson there was a military presence, it looked like Fallujah.

More facts: we have our “president” pardoning the racist oath flouting cowardly Arpaio. He also told a large gathering of cops that it’s okay to rough up 😇 arrestees. Oh and the cops applauded and cheered trump’s disgraceful comments.

Given this uncontroverted evidence; there can only be three kinds of people: (1) those that KNOW Black’s are disparately mistreated by cops with governmental support or indifference; (2) Those that hold open the possibility this is happening; or (3) racists that are okay with it or complete morons. There are too many documented examples to prove the negative; one would need to one by one explain away most of these examples [and thousands not listed] as justifiable behavior by cops. Surely, any person or media outlet portending to assert this is not happening is a person void of scholarship or a dog whistling racist.

Sociopaths don’t have empathy; one needs empathy to understand this! Imagine the disenfranchisement felt amongst minorities who believe [whether happening or not] that they are targeted and or mistreated by cops and the President of the United States acts with complete indifference, ratification and/or encouragement of more of this Un-American unconstitutional traitorous lawlessness.

So why the chaos? If it is happening, this is national disgrace and no silly game should proceed when those players are subject to execution or mistreatment when they leave the stadium. Every owner and teammate should be fully support a player’s right to protest this crap, even if they’d chose a different method.

The Constitution is littered with safeguards to prevent our government from harming its citizens, the ultimate safeguard in Amendment #2. Our weapons must never be confiscated so we can take those guns and assault a government that would act as bad as King George. On this subject, the Trump government’s support to Arpaio and head knocking by cops is as disgraceful as anything King George had done.

It could be argued singing an anthem to a government doing this; equates to an “American” in 1775 singing fealty to “his nation” [lorded over by King George]. So what if this is 100% happening, what should the response be? I think protest causing drama and chaos is appropriate because this is hyper wrong, amoral and it undermines our security. And don’t forget, today Blacks are the target, tomorrow they may target a group to which YOU belong.

Lastly, what is more Un-American: Kapernick controversially exercising his absolute Constitutionally guaranteed right to peacefully protest or those looking to undermine a fundamental component of our democracy by ridiculing, attacking and/or or reveling in consequences suffered by an American exercising one of his absolute rights?
PackFanWithTwins
6 years ago
And there comes another novel illogical rant.

surprised it took this long.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
Fan Shout
Martha Careful (23h) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
50m / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.