Cheesey
7 years ago
He has the "right" to do that. I also have a right to say what I think about it.
Too many people, white, black, yellow, red skinned and so on have died for his rights. To not stand and show respect and admiration for that shows where his head is really at. (Up his backside, if you ask me).
What does the national anthem and showing respect for those who fought and died for this country have to do with what he "perceives" as crimes against blacks? Nothing.
Maybe he knows he won't be on the 49ers for much longer, and just wanted a little more time to see what it feels like to sit on an NFL bench.

As I have said over and over, where is the outcry for the black on black murders that happen by the dozens (or more) every day in this country? Why isn't he protesting THAT? Do black lives ONLY matter if it involves a police officer? They don't mean anything when it's a black man killing another black man? I don't get that at all. Jesse Jackson was here in Milwaukee last week for a police involved shooting. Where was he all the hundreds of times in the last couple years when young black men were killing other young black men in Milwaukee?
I know the answer......it wouldn't get him any "air time" on TV.
Kaepernick can protest. But I think he's wrong in the way he is doing it. When he starts calling out the black on black murders and yelling for THAT to change, then I will respect him.
UserPostedImage
PackFanWithTwins
7 years ago
What good does sitting quietly on the bench during the Anthem do? Two of the weeks he claims to have been protesting nobody even knew about it. I really do not believe he was doing it as a protest. He was being a "baby" because he is not getting the starter reps and got caught and made up his protest as an excuse. And not a very good one at that.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
DakotaT
7 years ago
Seems like a wag the dog issue to me. Aren't we picking the leader of the free world in about 9 weeks? Could care less what Kaepernick does, but what I do know about this topic is that he has every right to protest whatever he wants, and then suffer whatever repercussions come with it. Obviously, he won't be very popular with the right wing "patriots", but then what is besides building a wall.
UserPostedImage
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
7 years ago
This doesn't bother me a bit, because:

1. Free country, free speech, free to put mouth and reveal you're an idiot rather than people just thinking you are.

2. Who cares what a bimbo football player thinks?

3. He's a quarterback. By definition, quarterbacks are assholes. Therefore he's an asshole. And this is the kind of asshole thing you expect from assholes.
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
DakotaT
7 years ago

This doesn't bother me a bit, because:

1. Free country, free speech, free to put mouth and reveal you're an idiot rather than people just thinking you are.

2. Who cares what a bimbo football player thinks?

3. He's a quarterback. By definition, quarterbacks are assholes. Therefore he's an asshole. And this is the kind of asshole thing you expect from assholes.

Originally Posted by: Wade 

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=4&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjkmqjKtuzOAhXIOyYKHQmTB8kQFgglMAM&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.theroot.com%2Farticles%2Fhistory%2F2016%2F07%2Fstar-spangled-bigotry-the-hidden-racist-history-of-the-national-anthem%2F&usg=AFQjCNGVtxB34G22tt18p5R1OcZQv05k0w&sig2=sPfW_5AdHc5BkYWlkdZ2Cw 

Par for the course. Most people that participate in this forum can't even comprehend that history has a profound effect on the present. Most people in here believe our country presents a level playing field to all its citizens. And most of the posters in here certainly don't understand the white privilege they've enjoyed every day of their life.

UserPostedImage
nerdmann
7 years ago
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=4&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjkmqjKtuzOAhXIOyYKHQmTB8kQFgglMAM&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.theroot.com%2Farticles%2Fhistory%2F2016%2F07%2Fstar-spangled-bigotry-the-hidden-racist-history-of-the-national-anthem%2F&usg=AFQjCNGVtxB34G22tt18p5R1OcZQv05k0w&sig2=sPfW_5AdHc5BkYWlkdZ2Cw 

Par for the course. Most people that participate in this forum can't even comprehend that history has a profound effect on the present. Most people in here believe our country presents a level playing field to all its citizens. And most of the posters in here certainly don't understand the white privilege they've enjoyed every day of their life.

People should protest his performance on the field.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
uffda udfa
7 years ago
Couldn't care less what a person does during the national anthem. I'm sure if you looked around the crowd there are those seated or jostling to get the last peanut out of the bag, etc. Who cares? How does that affect you? I see that it affects many service personnel and causes upset to them. It should evoke the opposite...they believe they were fighting for our freedom and that freedom doesn't just include what their definition of it is. They fought for the very right he expressed and are upset about it? Illogical.

The world gets way too caught up in things that don't matter... like FOOTBALL, period. A game played by bratty millionaires you don't know and never will literally affects lives of millions of people. Makes no sense. I recall working for a national radio network during 9/11... only then did all of us sports guys realize how inconsequential our sports jobs and sports in general were. "Meaningless" as Gary Thorne said back then. That they are regardless of 9/11 or not. I sometimes wonder why I care about sports at all as I age. The older I get the more I see the ridiculousness of my desire to care about a game I watch on TV. Hopefully, I'll grow out of this immature addiction but I haven't quite yet.

I do agree with Dakota...the white privilege I've enjoyed is ludicrous. Can't imagine what it would be like without it. I guess we kinda saw a little when whitey had to stomach a non white President for the first time. I sure in the heck didn't and don't support him now but that was a bitter pill for many whiteys to swallow.
UserPostedImage
Ted Thompson sits on his hands per former GM: "because they’ve had 25 fricking years of great quarterbacks. Of course it works. Try it without a special quarterback."

DakotaT
7 years ago

I do agree with Dakota...the white privilege I've enjoyed is ludicrous. Can't imagine what it would be like without it. I guess we kinda saw a little when whitey had to stomach a non white President for the first time. I sure in the heck didn't and don't support him now but that was a bitter pill for many whiteys to swallow.

Originally Posted by: uffda udfa 

What???????? The color of Barry skin has nothing to do with the mensa club not liking him, nothing they say! 😂 😂 😂
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
7 years ago

At a news conference following practice Tuesday, Russell Wilson was asked about the Colin Kaepernick ‘sit-in’ during the National Anthem in protest of the oppression of “black people and people of color.”

Here’s what Wilson said:

“First of all, there’s no perfect answer. I understand and respect the cause because there’s so much going on in America right now — so much hurt, so much pain. And ultimately I understand what he’s doing.”
But he went on to say that for him, standing with your hand over your heart is not a statement about what’s wrong with the country, but an affirmation of what’s right with it.

more:

UserPostedImage
Cheesey
7 years ago
Today they were discussing on sports radio that last month Kaepernivk wore socks at practice with cartoon pigs with police hats on.
To me, that says where his head and heart are. You disrespect law enforcement people like that? Who will he call if he needs help, a crack head? No, the police.
99.9% of police are good decent people doing their best to serve and protect us, while also trying to go home to their families alive every night.
How many of these police shootings were actually unessasary? How many were caused by the people that ended up shot, by their own actions? I guarantee most were not just "innocent victims".

Kind of reminds me of the Rodney King beating several years ago. They showed the police beating him with night sticks. Most ignored was that King lead them on a high speed chase (which could have hurt or killed innocent people) when the pursuit finally ended, King got out of his car and refused to do what the cops told him to do. He was s HUGE man, and was so high that he could have easily hurt or killed any of the cops. They tazed him several times, which would drop any normal human, but had no effect on the high King. What were they supposed to do? To me, they showed great restraint to not shoot him.
He fought back the whole time. Yet the cops were vilified. And the REAL criminal got paid a ton of money for putting who knows how many people on the streets and the police person's lives in danger.
Then all the thugs that "protested" and rioted, and hurt and damn near killed innocent people.
Yeah.....what a great guy Kaepernick is. Disrespect the country that gives him HIS freedom.
He has the right. And I have the right to call him out for being a jerk.
UserPostedImage