Pack93z
15 years ago
It humors me that we aren't allowed to criticize the team at all.. no calling for a revolution or walking Mike McCarthy out the door. Just a sense of urgency as the season is slipping away and improvement on a ridiculous amount of penalties and mental errors.

I find is comical that some can't accept that we have faults as a football team.. and that simply criticizing a laid back approach to a continuing problem.

Fix the stupid repeat mistakes week in and out, play to your potential and limit the "new" mistakes. If we played a clean game and lost, so be it, the better team wins. But weekly we shoot ourselves in the foot with a team that is young but almost the entire group has more than a years experience on the field.

Stupid mistakes shouldn't be part of the equation at this point, period.

But for the few that can't accept that we have flaws, continue to complain that others expect more.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
tromadz
15 years ago

It humors me that we aren't allowed to criticize the team at all.. no calling for a revolution or walking Mike McCarthy out the door. Just a sense of urgency as the season is slipping away and improvement on a ridiculous amount of penalties and mental errors.

I find is comical that some can't accept that we have faults as a football team.. and that simply criticizing a laid back approach to a continuing problem.

But for the few that can't accept that we have flaws, continue to complain that others expect more.

"pack93z" wrote:

I agree. The team has its issues and should be fixed. Good thing there's time and we're only 1 game back!
Pack93z
15 years ago

I agree. The team has its issues and should be fixed. Good thing there's time and we're only 1 game back!

"tromadz" wrote:

Exactly... and with arguably the biggest game of the season to date right in front of us.

Hence the criticism for the perceived lack of urgency to correct the mental mistakes.. IMO.. this is a playoff game for the Packers.. if we lose this one, we have little margin for error for the rest of the season.

Add to it, that the Bears have kind of had our number here lately.. I can't stand the freaking Bears.

My expectations, are to play an inspired and fairly clean game in regards to mental errors.

Make the Bears beat us, not us defeating ourselves.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
tromadz
15 years ago
You say "not showing urgency" I say "not panicking"

I don't remember McCarthy blowing up between the 8-8 and 13-3 seasons. Just kinda stuck by their guns and did their thing.

There won't be any public executions as they address the problems in-house(although a public execution for Colledge wouldn't bother me).

Suddenly everyone knows what's going on behind closed doors and thinks McCarthy is baby'ing players or something.

That thought process will continue until we start winning some games though. I understand that. I just know with as bad as things have been, we're in a great position(getting healthier, 1 game back, multiple games against the first place bears, freebies against the lions and texans,etc)

16 games, guys!
dfosterf
15 years ago

Fix the stupid repeat mistakes week in and out, play to your potential and limit the "new" mistakes. If we played a clean game and lost, so be it, the better team wins. But weekly we shoot ourselves in the foot with a team that is young but almost the entire group has more than a years experience on the field.

Stupid mistakes shouldn't be part of the equation at this point, period.

"pack93z" wrote:

I think we were both watching the presser at the same time yesterday...I know you saw what I saw... Mike wasn't happy. His commentary is what set you off, and I know that too. I really had the sense that he was hyper-defensive in that PC... his practically giving his team a pass for the penalties, as far as dragging on the explanation, was irritating, to say the least. He has done it before, too... especially on the pass-interference and defensive holding calls we get due to our man-press coverage. Thing is, I trust the man. I think he is a no-nonsense type of individual. I see the PA toll booth operator in him. I give him the benefit of the doubt as regards his ability to make it crystal clear to his football players what makes him happy and what does not. Hell, I think the press in Green Bay is a more than a little scared of him. He has an authoritative aura about him that I think suits this team very well... call it a "persuasive hardness". We are young as a team, we were in a pretty damn tough venue, with a lot riding on it for both teams. The vikes came to play, especially AD and that damn JA... someone has to be the most penalized, I guess we're it. I do not lose faith. I never do. I bitch, but I never lose faith.
Pack93z
15 years ago
Trom... You are correct sir, we really don't know what is happening behind the curtain.

But I can say this, and only this, whatever steps they have been taking this season, the last three with an inconsistent offensive line, and fixing the run defense this season isn't working.

Weekly you can expect more than a handful of penalties, giving up a boatload of running yards and a roll of the dice as to whether the offensive line will play a solid game or act as a turnstile.

It is a testament that we are so close to winning each and everyone of these losses... to me, we all the stubbing of the toes we do, we are a damn fine football team in the end.

We not only have to defeat the other team, we have to struggle with ourselves as well.

It has taken 9 weeks of the same mistakes for people to start yelping about this... I think that defines patience.

Well three years of this roller coaster line play.. but that is another topic.
Pack93z
15 years ago

I think we were both watching the presser at the same time yesterday...I know you saw what I saw... Mike wasn't happy. His commentary is what set you off, and I know that too. I really had the sense that he was hyper-defensive in that PC... his practically giving his team a pass for the penalties, as far as dragging on the explanation, was irritating, to say the least. He has done it before, too... especially on the pass-interference and defensive holding calls we get due to our man-press coverage. Thing is, I trust the man. I think he is a no-nonsense type of individual. I see the PA toll booth operator in him. I give him the benefit of the doubt as regards his ability to make it crystal clear to his football players what makes him happy and what does not. Hell, I think the press in Green Bay is a more than a little scared of him. He has an authoritative aura about him that I think suits this team very well... call it a "persuasive hardness". We are young as a team, we were in a pretty damn tough venue, with a lot riding on it for both teams. The vikes came to play, especially AD and that damn JA... someone has to be the most penalized, I guess we're it. I do not lose faith. I never do. I bitch, but I never lose faith.

"dfosterf" wrote:

I said it yesterday and I will repeat the chorus, I have not lost faith in MM.. but when you see the same horseshit mistakes weekly and the same yada yada speech to the masses.. it becomes disheartening and boils a little green and gold blood.

If the mistakes were being reduced or progress was being obtained in the oline play or the run defense.. say whatever you want.

However when weekly you can write the script of how we will stub our toes, I think it fair to criticize the BS.

I could care less if he pleaded the 5th every PC if we were making progress on those three areas of concern.. but we are not. The coming off as irritated when being grilled about it.. that is some BS.

Show me the money (results) on Sunday.. and say whatever you damn well please on Monday.

I don't want public beheadings... I want effective change and progress.. if that means changes in personnel, strategy or play calling.. get er done.
dfosterf
15 years ago
This game is so much easier when you have decent line play... Anybody golf? Hit it down the middle, second shot on the green...two putt- par. see? Golf is easy! Slice it into the woods, pick it out through the trees, third right of hole, duff the wedge into the sand because you were sweatin' the sand, finally sand shot onto the green, short, because you wanted to make damn sure you got out of the sand and not "pick" it....now ya got a long putt and are rattled... three putt. Two different games, or holes, or whatever... let's just hope we hit a real nice tee shot right at the opening hole next Sunday in Lambeau.
IronMan
  • IronMan
  • Veteran Member Topic Starter
15 years ago

sigh...

A DB comes down with a gimme pick and Crosby makes a FG and none of this talk is happening.

But that's football.

"tromadz" wrote:

No, if we would have won, I'm still bringing up the topic of penalties.
Cheesey
15 years ago

Mike McCarthy is in a river in Egypt.

"oskarliminga" wrote:

I GOT IT!!!!
"DE-NILE"
LOLOLOL!!! :thumbleft:
UserPostedImage