Zero2Cool
8 years ago
Where do you see Fox News? I hear that flung around a lot but never seen it.
UserPostedImage
DakotaT
8 years ago

Where do you see Fox News? I hear that flung around a lot but never seen it.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

I see Fox News in all the nimwits that want to vote for Donald Trump. Fox News has built that entire base of imbeciles for him, and the Republican Party is now reaping what it sowed for the last ten years. Just absolute disgusting lunatics for candidates, that have no chance in hell of winning the presidency.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
8 years ago
Hmm, our local Fox channel always boasts balanced coverage. Guessing they are snow balling. I don't watch the news. Too depressing.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
8 years ago

Hmm, our local Fox channel always boasts balanced coverage. Guessing they are snow balling. I don't watch the news. Too depressing.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

You see Zero, that the ones that scream all the time about "Fox news" never actually WATCH it. They just "regurgitate" the liberal party line that TELLS them how horrible Fox News is.
Fox is the only truely fair news. All the others (like CNN, the communist news network) are slanted so far to the left, that I wonder how they don't fall over.
I'm getting so used to being called an idiot for my conservative beliefs by some here, that it doesn't bother me anymore.
Some people just are not capable of disagreeing without childish name calling.
Kind of immature actions by adults.
Another form of being a bully.
UserPostedImage
DoddPower
8 years ago

You see Zero, that the ones that scream all the time about "Fox news" never actually WATCH it. They just "regurgitate" the liberal party line that TELLS them how horrible Fox News is.
Fox is the only truely fair news. All the others (like CNN, the communist news network) are slanted so far to the left, that I wonder how they don't fall over.
I'm getting so used to being called an idiot for my conservative beliefs by some here, that it doesn't bother me anymore.
Some people just are not capable of disagreeing without childish name calling.
Kind of immature actions by adults.
Another form of being a bully.

Originally Posted by: Cheesey 

I watch plenty of Fox News, CNN, MSNBC, etc., as well as listen to many talk radio programs (Rush, Savage, Hannity, Colmes, and other local stations). THEY ALL LIE AND THEY ARE ALL BIASED! More people need to acknowledge that they are all horrible, and they are all for-profit businesses that are just in the game to get ratings and ultimately make money. That's their number one priority, not providing "Fair and Balanced" coverage. I don't blame them for that at all, though. That's why they exist. They are not a charity. I just don't understand why more people don't seem to understand that.

All of the "mainstream media" (and yes, that absolutely includes Fox News, whose ratings crush CNN and MSNBC), shapes the narratives to fit their agenda. That's the reality. It's fine to consume their product, but everything you consume should be taken with a grain of salt and one's own common sense must be applied to each situation so that they can form their own opinion of the probable "truth." But even if one does that, truth is almost always relative to one's own experiences and world prospective. Often, both sides or every side can be "right."
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
8 years ago
IMO Fox has three people worth listening to from time to time: Charles Krauthammer, Brit Hume, and the older guy who does the precinct-by-precinct analyses on election night (can't remember his name).

Otherwise I consider them worthless and a complete waste of my time unless I feel the need to check out the legs of one of their bimbos.

I cannot think of three people who work news for other networks worth listening to.

Based on Krauthammer, Hume, and the other guy, Fox gets a D- from me. The others get a flat F.
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
DoddPower
8 years ago

IMO Fox has three people worth listening to from time to time: Charles Krauthammer, Brit Hume, and the older guy who does the precinct-by-precinct analyses on election night (can't remember his name).

Otherwise I consider them worthless and a complete waste of my time unless I feel the need to check out the legs of one of their bimbos.

I cannot think of three people who work news for other networks worth listening to.

Based on Krauthammer, Hume, and the other guy, Fox gets a D- from me. The others get a flat F.

Originally Posted by: Wade 

I generally agree with you, except the Fox News grade. All the 24 hours news networks and major talk radio hosts should get big fat Fs. They are all entertainment. I have no problem with that. The only problem is when people confuse the news-entertainment aspect with actual objective news, which they are not.
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
8 years ago

I generally agree with you, except the Fox News grade. All the 24 hours news networks and major talk radio hosts should get big fat Fs. They are all entertainment. I have no problem with that. The only problem is when people confuse the news-entertainment aspect with actual objective news, which they are not.

Originally Posted by: DoddPower 

Okay, I'll buy that.

My grade for Fox was so "high" only because I think they have three guys whose "commentary" is worth listening to (though one of them -- Michael Barone, I think is the name I was trying to remember -- only one day every four years).

If one thinks in terms of pure "news reporting" (as opposed to commentary or other forms of entertainment), I can only think of one, maybe two, news sources in the world that deserves higher than a C grade. Both are daily newspapers. Neither are American newspapers.

I'd give the (Manchester,UK) Guardian a B, and the Financial Times (also UK) my only A.

And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
DoddPower
8 years ago

Okay, I'll buy that.

My grade for Fox was so "high" only because I think they have three guys whose "commentary" is worth listening to (though one of them -- Michael Barone, I think is the name I was trying to remember -- only one day every four years).

If one thinks in terms of pure "news reporting" (as opposed to commentary or other forms of entertainment), I can only think of one, maybe two, news sources in the world that deserves higher than a C grade. Both are daily newspapers. Neither are American newspapers.

I'd give the (Manchester,UK) Guardian a B, and the Financial Times (also UK) my only A.

Originally Posted by: Wade 

Yeah, well I can't be right or wrong. It's just an opinion that can't objectively be proven one way or the other. But none of the major news outlets can be trusted. The information can be consumed, but a substantial level of critical thinking is required to wade through the BS.

I see a lot of people that think their news choice is "the best" just because the source agrees with their perspectives. That doesn't make it "true" or "objective" in any sense. Even some of the folks I agree with generally, if one takes a step back and analyzes their coverage, it becomes pretty obvious they are applying their spin on how the information is presented. It's not always easy to pick up on, but it's there.
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
8 years ago

I watch plenty of Fox News, CNN, MSNBC, etc., as well as listen to many talk radio programs (Rush, Savage, Hannity, Colmes, and other local stations). THEY ALL LIE AND THEY ARE ALL BIASED! More people need to acknowledge that they are all horrible, and they are all for-profit businesses that are just in the game to get ratings and ultimately make money. That's their number one priority, not providing "Fair and Balanced" coverage. I don't blame them for that at all, though. That's why they exist. They are not a charity. I just don't understand why more people don't seem to understand that.

All of the "mainstream media" (and yes, that absolutely includes Fox News, whose ratings crush CNN and MSNBC), shapes the narratives to fit their agenda. That's the reality. It's fine to consume their product, but everything you consume should be taken with a grain of salt and one's own common sense must be applied to each situation so that they can form their own opinion of the probable "truth." But even if one does that, truth is almost always relative to one's own experiences and world prospective. Often, both sides or every side can be "right."

Originally Posted by: DoddPower 

It reminds me of lawyers. I have watched two attorneys take the same 26-40 words in a law and pound away at it claiming THEIR interpretation was without question the correct meaning of those words on the piece of paper. It makes you wonder how they can pretend to be so far apart over something so simple. The real answer is almost always somewhere in between.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (12h) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (12h) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Zero2Cool (16h) : I know we moved on. That tidbit just makes me a touch happier.
Zero2Cool (16h) : Sources spoke of many, many times last summer where Hackett called a play, then Rodgers changed it completely at the line
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Recent Topics
5h / Random Babble / Novalee

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

12-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.