Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
8 years ago
I have no clue this time.

GB 37
SD 28
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
Cheesey
8 years ago
I can't help but wonder.......just how overpowering would this Packer team be if not for all the injuries this year?
I see another win.....hopefully Aaron Rodgers will get back to HIS "normal" and pick them apart.
I'd like to see Janis and Abracadabra on the field, too!
UserPostedImage
texaspackerbacker
8 years ago
I sense some over-confidence in here. Hopefully it ain't that way with the Packers.

Several things scare me (just a little anyway): Melvin Gordon's coming out party - we're probably gonna be setting up to stop the 2nd ranked (statistically, for what little that's worth) passing attack. I could see him breaking into the open a couple of times like he used to for the Badgers. Also, Gates wasn't with them for most of the time they rolled up all those passing yards; Now, with him, they are even better. We've had problems with much worse TEs. Also, their D may not be great, but with our O Line, take nothing for granted. As good as our pass rush has been, we don't and probably can't do it with just 3 or 4 rushing. Rivers may be immobile, but he isn't stupid. If he gets rid of the ball quick, look out!

Just the same, I think our Offense is like Buckeye said, wanting to get back on top.

I'll go with 52-27 Packers - a nice fun game.
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
yooperfan
8 years ago

I sense some over-confidence in here. Hopefully it ain't that way with the Packers.

Several things scare me (just a little anyway): Melvin Gordon's coming out party - we're probably gonna be setting up to stop the 2nd ranked (statistically, for what little that's worth) passing attack. I could see him breaking into the open a couple of times like he used to for the Badgers. Also, Gates wasn't with them for most of the time they rolled up all those passing yards; Now, with him, they are even better. We've had problems with much worse TEs. Also, their D may not be great, but with our O Line, take nothing for granted. As good as our pass rush has been, we don't and probably can't do it with just 3 or 4 rushing. Rivers may be immobile, but he isn't stupid. If he gets rid of the ball quick, look out!

Just the same, I think our Offense is like Buckeye said, wanting to get back on top.

I'll go with 52-27 Packers - a nice fun game.

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker 

52-27 would be a nice relaxing game and as you say a fun game.

Smokey
8 years ago
As the "Bolts" try to deal with Aaron Rodgers and the Packer's WR's, I see Eddie "The Tank" Lacy running for 120+ yds and 2 TD's . In addition, I see Rodgers throwing for 3 TD's as Mason Crosby has a nice FG to go with 5 extra points.

The Chargers will compete with the Packers in the first half, but will not be able to keep up in the second half. Clinton-Dix will get a second half pick and both Matthews and Peppers will each have 2 big sacks that kill several Charger drives cold.

The Packers swagger into their bye week at 6 - 0 .

[cheers] [cheers] [cheers]
UserPostedImage
RainX
8 years ago
31-17 Packers.

From all the reports I've read, the Chargers offensive line is banged up. For a team that is second overall in sacks through 5 games, our pass rushers should be licking their chops to get after Rivers. This is definitely going to be a good measuring stick though for our D. First time we're facing what I'd consider a Top 10 passing QB and easily the best TE we've faced to date in Gates. As much as a beast Graham had been in New Orleans, he had next to zero chemistry with Wilson when we played them in W2. If they can contain Gates to 5-6 catches for under 100 yards and maybe a score and can keep the pressure on Rivers like they did Foles, I really like our chances in this game.

Offensively, an average D for our offense to try and rebound against. Getting Adams back would help the passing game. Home game so there's no reason they shouldn't be able to move the football more consistently.
blank
Smokey
8 years ago

Stay focused on the target fellows !

UserPostedImage
buckeyepackfan
8 years ago
No Davante this week.
Just came across Twitter.
GAMEDAY!

Whos gonna step up and have a day?

I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
greengold
8 years ago
UserPostedImage

The game is again on CBS for most of the country. 6.5 hours to kickoff.

The offense is still banged up and shorthanded. I see the defense saving the day again.

Packers cover the spread but take the under on points.

beast
8 years ago

The offense is still banged up and shorthanded. I see the defense saving the day again.

Originally Posted by: greengold 

I think I depends on which Chargers defense shows up... they held the undefeated Bengals to just 24 points. But they also gave up 24 points to the Mike Vick lead Steelers, and 27 points the week before to Josh McCown lead Browns.

AND

San Diego Chargers ( 2 - 3 )
Points Against = 26.8 (23rd)

Originally Posted by: MintBaconDrivel 

So while the Packers might be shorthanded, the Chargers defense seems to be struggling a bit too. So I'm hoping/guessing Rodgers can overcome the short handed offense some because their defense is struggling.

Also some talk about the Packers getting more creative again, with using Cobb in the backfield and maybe getting Janis/Abby more involved, after they didn't last week because they were nervous to be too creative against the Rams strong defensive front.

UserPostedImage