luigis
8 years ago
5-0 yes!!!!! Here's this week's edition:

The Glass Half Full:

- CM3: Terrific game again, he is everywhere, running, pushing, tackling.
- Sam Shields: After a shaky start Sam played a flawless game, he was tested, he answered like a #1 CB should do.
- HHCD: I'm starting to like this kid, he does play like a kid, with mistakes here and there he never stops trying to make plays. We know Hyde is not great in coverage so the center of the field was in HaHa hands and nothing bad happened.
- Mike Daniels: Another solid game, he owns the center of the field.
- Dom Capers: At this point we have to admit you are doing a fine job sir.

The Glass Half Empty:

- Jeff Janis: We badly need an outside threat but he can't play in the offense and he keeps making mistakes in STs.
- Tom Clemments: The offense has no rythm, we have no running game and no passing game and we don't adjust, the Rams took out the short passes and we did nothing about it.
- R. Rodgers: I don't think I have to say anything... let's pretend this game never happened.
- A.Rodgers: Not because of the turnovers but because he was off target a lot against the Rams, it seems he doesn't trust his WRs.
- Nick Foles: What a joke! we haven't been tested yet, so the defense is playing great, yes, but against what?
- D. Goodson: We were ready and prepared about a possible punt fake, just cover your guy, what the hell did you try to do?

Now the chargers are a very interesting challenge, P.Rivers is playing well but they will be far away from home and they are usually not good visiting. I think our secondary will be tested for the first time in the season. Go Pack!

Luis
DakotaT
8 years ago
A lot of our offensive problems start up front with the big boys and their aches and pains. I don't know how that gets fixed in the middle of the season, other than sit a guy down to heal up for a couple weeks. Rodgers is starting to really have some trust in Ty Montgomery and I'd like to see him continue to get opportunities. He is a very strong man, Sharpesque if you will. Richard Rodgers should never attempt hurdling a would be tackler again.

Hope you're right on Dix, he must have left his boxing gloves in the locker room today. Our D is playing pretty well, but hasn't gone up against a real quality quarterback. Rivers is 2nd tier, but will give our secondary more of a challenge than it has seen thus far. But Rivers is also slow footed and I expect Capers to blitz him.
UserPostedImage
TheKanataThrilla
8 years ago
Always look forward to your reviews Luis. Spot on.

Liked the comment on Janis. He is lukewarm on ST and he can't find his way on the field on Offense.

We found a way to win and the D was a big part of it, but the Offense looks out of sorts at the moment.
8 years ago
no talk about the game MVP Rollins?

Montgomery?

or what about Cobb? He's been very quiet the last 2 weeks
DarkaneRules
8 years ago
With Cobb being the main focus for defenses ty and rich rod have to make the most of their opportunities. I expect more from Richard. Ty is a stud.
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
olds70supreme
8 years ago
I'm ok w/ the playcalling. On one example, I think it was 3rd and short - play action w/ a quick pass to Rodgers in the flat for good yards. Nothing outrageously innovative but it always seems like the Pack is so predictable in those situations, nice to see them switch it up a bit.
On the other hand, a few times Rodgers had plenty of time in the pocket and had nobody open, including deep. I just don't think the receivers are getting open deep, moreso than playcalling emphasising short routes.
Starks should be part of the glass half full section - he looked good.
I thought they had the fake punt sniffed out pretty well, the guy who caught it was covered, but our guy just fell down.
blank
RainX
8 years ago
I figured Aaron was due for a bad game. I think we were fortunate Foles had an even worse one. The defense made a lot of good plays, but they can't rely on turnovers all the time to get stops, especially in the red zone. Aaron and the offense will rebound though and I do feel the overall defense is improving week by week (even if Gurley racked up a lot of yards today) as a lot of our younger guys get more playing time and Burnett coming back should help shore up the secondary that much more. Also hope Perry and Raji don't miss much time.
blank
civic
8 years ago

I think it is the injuries to the starting receivers that are part of Aaron Rodgers problems.

He doesn't trust them and they are not getting open.

No Nelson, no Adams, Cobb is hurting. Jones is ok but has lost a step.

The cupboard is pretty bare. The bye can't come soon enough.

A few weeks of Barclay at right tackle will give anyone happy feet.

For all the well deserved praise Aaron gets he does get erratic when he gets frustrated.
blank
Barfarn
8 years ago
Thank you Larenitis! I hate personal streaks, glad it’s over.

Did we have anyone playing LCB? Randall is so freakin’ good!

Hayward, Shields again played the part of shut down CBs and all three CBs got little help deep.

Jayrone to date has made a few splash plays often at the expense of leaving his assignment for the glitz. Up until 4th Q he played great; holding his edge and THEN trying to make a play. He even once did a CM3 crash, chase and catch from behind to tackle Gurley. Then he [and Daniels] goofed on the long Gurley Run and the play after, leaving his run assignment trying to make a play. He’ll get his butt chewed out on Tues and he’ll be better Wed. This is the first time I felt Jayrone will be a 3 down OLB.

Monty is gonna be good! He is so tough, a tough runner, such a great and willing blocker and that 3rd down diving slant, while being molested, on that Aaron Rodgers rocket ball on third down was amazing.

R. Rodgers, okay yes, he had 2 goofs back to back. But if that drop occurred in 1995, Holmgren would have taken Aaron Rodgers aside and said, “no more rocket balls please.” R.Rod was wide open w/ no one closing. Aaron Rodgers didn’t have to thrown that pass as hot as he did, he was just a little frustrated and put an extra 10MPH on it. It was good to see RRod bounce back, otherwise he had a good game 6 catches even though Clements keep calling plays w/ RRod making those stupid 3 yard outs. And R.Rod made a great rub freeing Monty for his TD.

Janis seems to be just a clutz. He’s tryin’ hard, undoubtedly slowly getting better; but not sure if the game will ever slow down enough for him.

Clements and Mike McCarthy are holding back their unscouted looks. And maybe, they’ve got some packages for Janis that wont be revealed until later in the year. Not sure when the O will be unveiled. Normally I’d think around game 8; but we may not see it until we lose one or two.

Cobb had his worst game [along w/ Champ game-and we knew he was sick] that I can remember, hope he’s okay.

I didn’t notice Walker, which probably [like the invisible CB] means he played well. I can’t wait to isolate/evaluate his play!

Another great game by Thomas! Should’a had the [Dix] INT. He did have one IC penalty [that was declined] on Kendricks. He did make contact after 5 but it was not blatant; and I’m sure none of our receivers were touched as hard after 5 yards [Rolling eyes].

Rollins- replaced Richardson in our heavy TE defense. What a job this young man did! Not only was he brilliant in coverage; but provided great run support in 3rd Q at 8:26 and 7:07, making a solo tackle on Gurley for 3 yards and being in perfect position for Austin’s end around. Respectively. His coverage on the long Bailey pass was not bad, unless he didn’t have deep help. Then he gets an F for that play, because his job is to stay between his man and endzone. I cant believe he didn’t have deep help in that situation, I’m guessin’ one of the safeties missed their assignment.

The D was spectacular under the circumstances. Rams got almost half their yards on 2 plays and a fake punt. With Clements and Aaron Rodgers doing their Jimmy Clausen 3 and out impersonation, and things like pick 6’s [That keep the D on the field w/o rest] and turnovers used to destroy our D as they would get gassed. But, we are so freakin’ deep. Richardson, Barrington, Boyd, and Burnett were out; we slipped in the run game a bit only after Perry and Raji went out; but with all those guys out late in the game our D remained its devastating self. These guys were super-charged! If Rams didn’t go to that Austin end around flip high school misdirection crap, taking advantage of some of our guys often being a bit too amped up, the Rams would not have made 100 yards of offense on the day. This was not an unscouted look and Capers should have had the D better prepared for it. San Diego will watch the tape and they realize they’re going to need to do something beside play us straight-up, because our D-Line and OLBers are unblockable; we got 3 Deion Sanderses in secondary; a laser guided Dix-Missile and steady eddy Hyde. So this week these guys are going to get extra work on staying in their gaps and TRUSTING THEIR READS and NOT following the ball or a WR on an end around.

And Special teams were great! Mastay’s and Crosby’s direction kicks are unbelievable.

The Refs suck! Several bad spots, on the 2nd INT that SOB did not “complete the process;” The point of the ball hit the ground, it moved and the CB lost control [BTW, Jones needs to be aware of where the CB is and come back for that ball, he did this several times in the past and was one of the reasons we let him go]. And the Rams had an ineligible downfield on the fake punt and the line judge who has one effing job was looking right at it and ate the flag. I’m convinced the refs are told to make close calls favoring keeping the game close to keep viewership.

And Mike McCarthy because the Refs suck you cannot afford stupid challenges. Ya blow one; use one on a bad call that can be overturned and now ya got no more. A rule expert coach would have advised Mike McCarthy not to do the first challenge.

Our Seattle friends sh!t the bed as Nerd would say😂 . Up 24-7, 12 minutes to go with the ball and they lost. Strange thing: when Seattle LB Wagner picked up a fumble and scored in the 3rd Q, Carroll was 10-15 yards on the field jumping around like a court jester fool with his arms raised signaling a score like this [pinkele]; but when Cin scored 4 times in the 4th Q and OT, he didn’t do it once; I wonder why[assho] .
texaspackerbacker
8 years ago
Winning fills up the glass in spite of anything else.

We got away with playing a fairly bad game against a fairly good team. The big glaring negative - more so this week even than before - was our O Line. Aaron Rodgers was constantly pressured, and our RBs had little or no place to run. The reason the Rams pass defense was so effective was that they were able to get that strong pass rush with just their D Line. Everybody else was able to drop back in coverage. That's on our O Line. Regarding the play calling, we still are wasting downs with running plays. When the O Line blocking is that bad, it is foolish to call so many running plays. It's not gonna set up or open up anything. It is just throwing away chances for Aaron to escape the rush and complete passes. All of the other "half empty" items were aberrations - nothing to worry a lot about. As was said, Rodgers (both of them) was due for a bad game. I was just starting to like R. Rodgers before this game, and I think he will snap back.
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Fan Shout
dhazer (6h) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (7h) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (7h) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (23h) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
wpr (23-Apr) : Just about time to watch Sonny Weaver stick it to the seahags. I never get tired of it.
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : *game plan
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : IMHO, not even close. He is not a guy you game play around.
Mucky Tundra (23-Apr) : is Aiyuk worth a 1st rounder?
Zero2Cool (23-Apr) : 49ers are seeking a 1st round pick in exchange for WR Brandon Aiyuk
Mucky Tundra (22-Apr) : Based on Gutes comments, now I don't feel as silly having 13 picks in my mock the other day
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Zach Wilson to Broncos.
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Gutekunst says he'd love to have 13 or 14 picks. He's trading back huh lol
beast (22-Apr) : Someday we'll have a draft betting scandal
beast (21-Apr) : Sometimes looking extremely amazing, sometimes looking extremely lost
beast (21-Apr) : I haven't looked into the QBs, but some have suggested Maye has some of the most extremely inconsistent tape they've seen
beast (21-Apr) : Well it also sounds like Patriots are listening to trade offers, not that seriously considering any, but listening means they aren't locked
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Maye needs to be AFC
Mucky Tundra (21-Apr) : Not liking the idea of the Vikings getting Maye
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Vikings HC joked that he may or may not have sent flowers to Bob Kraft. That's where rumor came from.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
4m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

16m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

32m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Nonstopdrivel

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

23h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

26-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.