PackFanWithTwins
8 years ago
Talking like the distance a pass travels makes it more or less difficult is ignorance. Hitting a 5 yard slant between 3 defenders is much more difficult than throwing a 30 yards pass to a wide open WR.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
Zero2Cool
8 years ago
Thinking a five yard slant is more difficult than completing a pass 30 yards in the National Football League (not Madden, put down the controller) is massively ignorant on levels that cannot be quantified.

BTW, the NFL thinks the performance was, umm, average, too. haha
Aaron Rodgers named NFC offensive player of the week for 13th time
UserPostedImage
PackFanWithTwins
8 years ago

Thinking a five yard slant is more difficult than completing a pass 30 yards in the National Football League (not Madden, put down the controller) is massively ignorant on levels that cannot be quantified.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

sorry but try reading what I stated again. It depends on the pass. I can throw 30 yards to a wide open WR, I can't throw a 5 yard slant between 3 defenders. distance of the pass has little to do with whether it is a difficult throw or not.
Zero2Cool
8 years ago

sorry but try reading what I stated again. It depends on the pass. I can throw 30 yards to a wide open WR, I can't throw a 5 yard slant between 3 defenders. distance of the pass has little to do with whether it is a difficult throw or not.

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins 

So you claim I am not reading what you're stating when evidently you're not even trying to understand what I have stated a few times? Fascinating.

As for distance having little to do with a throw being difficult or not, you are not correct with your opinion.

The greater the distance, the greater the difficulty. The greater the distance, the more you need to plant your feet better and more you need to step into the throw and also the longer the ball is in the air giving defenders and opportunity to deflect the pass. Try throwing a pass while kneeling that goes five yards and another that goes 30 yards.

Aaron Rodgers played a smart game throwing it to the SHORT (less than 9 yards downfield) and OPEN receivers and amassed good SUM statistics.

I think most of us look at the SUM of the statistics (24 of 35 333 yards 5TD 0INT) and go WHOA he smoked them!! I wouldn't disagree, nor would anyone. HOWEVER, when you dig deeper and analyze play-by-play on how those statistics were accrued, you realize the numbers weren't as WHOA as the SUM leads us to believe.

ProFootballFocus believes if the quarterback throws an incomplete when there was a receiver they determine was in the line of sight of the quarterback, they earn a negative grade for that play.

This is the kind of in-depth thinking and analysis I don't believe many are doing. Who the hell wants to do that anyway? lol (oh yeah, me haha)
UserPostedImage
texaspackerbacker
8 years ago
You do what you gotta do to win. Clearly, the coaching staff expected the Chief pass rush to be better than our O Line, so they game-planned accordingly. Rodgers took what was available; It was plenty to dominate the game (other than some meaningless crap at the end). Not all stats are crap, but the ones that go into what was discussed at the start of this thread indeed are crap.
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
PackFanWithTwins
8 years ago

So you claim I am not reading what you're stating when evidently you're not even trying to understand what I have stated a few times? Fascinating.

As for distance having little to do with a throw being difficult or not, you are not correct with your opinion.

The greater the distance, the greater the difficulty. The greater the distance, the more you need to plant your feet better and more you need to step into the throw and also the longer the ball is in the air giving defenders and opportunity to deflect the pass. Try throwing a pass while kneeling that goes five yards and another that goes 30 yards.

If you are reading than it is a comprehension issue. and I am 100% correct. a 5 yard slant into a tight window is far more difficult than a 30 yard throw to a receiver that is wide open. If that 30 yard pass is also into a tight window than yes that throw then becomes more difficult.

Another example is that same 5 yard slant and a bubble screen. on the slant the ball might only travel 8 -10 yards through the air, while on the screen the ball can actually travel up to 20 yards depending on where on the field the WR and QB are.

steveishere
8 years ago

I think most of us look at the SUM of the statistics (24 of 35 333 yards 5TD 0INT) and go WHOA he smoked them!! I wouldn't disagree, nor would anyone. HOWEVER, when you dig deeper and analyze play-by-play on how those statistics were accrued, you realize the numbers weren't as WHOA as the SUM leads us to believe.

No, I think most of us just watched him play the game and thought that. Rodgers spent all game easily avoiding pressure from their great rushers and doing whatever he wanted. It was a masterful performance. I think most peoples problem is with the fact that a fumble that didn't count and an "almost interception" by a guy who had to jump in the air and got 1 hand on the ball somehow completely overshadows Rodgers dissecting that defense for 4 quarters. Forget the 5 TDs, KC had no answer for him.

I agree with what I think it was Barfan said in that this game by Rodgers exposes a flaw in the grading system where they either could not quantify something important that was happening on the field or something was off in how much weight they put into the negative plays. They had this graded as Rodgers' 3rd worst game since 2011... I have a lot of trouble seeing any way I could believe that was one of his worst games even if he only had 2 TDs and had handed off to Lacy the 3 other times.
Zero2Cool
8 years ago

If you are reading than it is a comprehension issue. and I am 100% correct. a 5 yard slant into a tight window is far more difficult than a 30 yard throw to a receiver that is wide open. If that 30 yard pass is also into a tight window than yes that throw then becomes more difficult.

I thought we were talking about the distance the ball travels in the air? You bring up tight windows into it and act like I'm the one not comprehending things here. Brilliant!

Talking like the distance a pass travels makes it more or less difficult is ignorance.

distance of the pass has little to do with whether it is a difficult throw or not.

PackFanWithTwins wrote:

Repeating myself: The greater the distance, the greater the difficulty. The greater the distance, the more you need to plant your feet better and more you need to step into the throw and also the longer the ball is in the air giving defenders and opportunity to deflect the pass. Try throwing a pass while kneeling that goes five yards and another that goes 30 yards.

Please note, I have not added the extra variables (e.g. coverage, pass rush, etc) to this and have been talking merely about the pass itself, specifically ... The. Distance. The. Ball. Travels. Through. The. Air.

Simple stuff. Easy peazy lemon squeazies.
UserPostedImage
PackFanWithTwins
8 years ago

I thought we were talking about the distance the ball travels in the air? You bring up tight windows into it and act like I'm the one not comprehending things here. Brilliant!

Repeating myself: The greater the distance, the greater the difficulty. The greater the distance, the more you need to plant your feet better and more you need to step into the throw and also the longer the ball is in the air giving defenders and opportunity to deflect the pass. Try throwing a pass while kneeling that goes five yards and another that goes 30 yards.

Please note, I have not added the extra variables (e.g. coverage, pass rush, etc) to this and have been talking merely about the pass itself, specifically ... The. Distance. The. Ball. Travels. Through. The. Air.

Simple stuff. Easy peazy lemon squeazies.

You should read the entire posts instead of picking and choosing which parts you want to pay attention to. You might be able to comprehend better. My first post clearly stated 5 yard slant between 3 defenders is more difficult than a 30 yard pass to a wide open WR.

Zero2Cool
8 years ago

You should read the entire posts instead of picking and choosing which parts you want to pay attention to. You might be able to comprehend better. My first post clearly stated 5 yard slant between 3 defenders is more difficult than a 30 yard pass to a wide open WR.

Clearly, it does state that.
Clearly, I was focusing on distance the ball travels in the air.
Clearly, you can't understand.
Clearly, I cannot understand.
Clearly, we have both spent too much time on something we both probably agree on, lol.

Passing the ball 5 yards is less difficult than passing it 30 yards. Agreed.
Passing the ball 5 yards slant between 3 defenders is more difficult than a 30 yard pass to a wide open WR. Agreed.

UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (4h) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (7h) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

29-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

29-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

29-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

28-Apr / Feedback, Suggestions and Issues / Zero2Cool

28-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

28-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.