evad04
15 years ago
Fairly self-explanatory. Deanna Favre was interviewed by Rachel Nichols on E:60 tonight. I tuned in to the show but already missed the interview. Anything interesting come out of it?
William Henderson didn't have to run people over. His preferred method was levitation.
"I'm a reasonable man, get off my case."
Zero2Cool
15 years ago

Fairly self-explanatory. Deanna Favre was interviewed by Rachel Nichols on E:60 tonight. I tuned in to the show but already missed the interview. Anything interesting come out of it?

"evad04" wrote:

DEANNA FAVRE CLAIMS PARTIAL CREDIT FOR BRETTS SIX-TOUCHDOWN DAY
Posted by Mike Florio on October 28, 2008, 7:49 p.m.

In the ultimate puff piece that entailed questions with all the pop of a 3-0 offering in a slow-pitch senior citizen softball game, Rachel Nichols profiled Mrs. Brett Favre on ESPNs E:60.

The segment aired earlier in the hour.

The most intriguing comment came when Deanna Favre talked about how she gives Brett pointers. She claimed partial credit (and we dont think she was joking) for the career-high six touchdown passes he threw against Arizona earlier this year.

Sometimes I watch film with him, Deanna Favre said, [and] hes like, You know, I really I just didnt make good decisions in this game and I missed a lot of plays, and Im like, You know what, sit in the pocket [and] watch the play happen. He is so used to getting rid of the ball quick.

It really helped. The next week, he threw six touchdowns.

Hey, if Brett wont listen to any of his coaches, maybe the coaches should just tell her what they want him to do.

The interview included only one reference to the recent controversy involving Brett telling the Lions (allegedly) about the Packers habits on offense, with Nichols merely pointing out the blog entry that Deanna posted over the weekend.

Though the truth likely is that the interview was conducted before the most recent albatross flew into a jet engine, the piece didnt disclose this fact, creating the appearance that Nichols deliberately steered clear of the topic.

The entire was, in our view, a Readers Digest version of a movie of the week. And it wasnt journalism; it was P.R.

More accurately, we think it was an effort to preserve and expand access.

UserPostedImage
tromadz
15 years ago
I'm starting to wish Deanna would go back to being seen and not heard.

Woman knows people are listening now. This trend will continue.

Deanna pics anyone?
Zero2Cool
15 years ago
I agree, I liked her better seen and not heard.
UserPostedImage
Trippster
15 years ago
Florio is an ass.

It was a nice interview. she simply talked about how his public life affects their private life. how the move to New York is going, etc. It wasn't a PR thing as there was really no mention of the Millen deal other than She said the break up with GB was hard. After many years, it was more grief over a severed relationship. she also pointed out how many of their close friends are still in GB and with the organization and they only wish success and the best for their friends.

She also talked a lot about her cancer and how she came to start the hope foundation and how it is taking hold in NY.

I get tired of Floria Attacking Favre but I understand it. But to transpose that jilted feeling toward Deanna, well Florio, that to is not journalism. it is biased opinon, and poor biased opinion at that.
"Let Your Light Shine!"
Zero2Cool
15 years ago
Thanks for clearing that up Trippster. I can't really take anyting I read on PFT word for word. The guy has a motive and its obvious, he says things to get attention.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
15 years ago

Deanna Favre: I had a hunch Brett wouldn't stay retired

By Mike Vandermause
mvandermause@greenbaypressgazette.com

Brett Favre leads the NFL in interceptions. He was booed Sunday by fans of his new team, the New York Jets. He was accused last week of sabotaging his old team, the Green Bay Packers. He endured a topsy-turvy offseason in which the Packers told him, after 16 years, they were moving on with a new quarterback.

Favres wife, Deanna, was asked by ESPN interviewer Rachel Nichols if she ever wishes Brett had stayed retired. She didnt exactly offer a convincing argument that her husband made the right decision.

I cant tell you everything, Deanna told Nichols on the networks "E:60" program on Tuesday. Um, I dont know. Its been so fun for us, too, watching. Bretts exciting, even for us, to watch.

"I would like to see him retire without any serious injuries. Um, he needs to save something for us, a little bit for us. But Im not going to say, you know, if I tell you, then hell know what I think.

In past years Deanna encouraged Brett to play. Following the 2007 season, she said nothing and left the retirement decision entirely up to him.

Even after Bretts tearful retirement press conference in March, Deanna said she had an intuition.

Something in me felt like it wasnt over, she said. It wasnt the end. It was tough, it was emotional, I was drained. But then I just got that little, Somethings not right about this."

Despite all the hassles of the past six months, Deanna doesnt want any sympathy.

This was a drop in the bucket compared to what weve been through, she said. This was nothing.

UserPostedImage
IronMan
15 years ago

Deanna Favre was interviewed by Rachel Nichols

"evad04" wrote:

Now thats one HOT interview!
Packnic
15 years ago

Florio is an ass.

It was a nice interview. she simply talked about how his public life affects their private life. how the move to New York is going, etc. It wasn't a PR thing as there was really no mention of the Millen deal other than She said the break up with GB was hard. After many years, it was more grief over a severed relationship. she also pointed out how many of their close friends are still in GB and with the organization and they only wish success and the best for their friends.

She also talked a lot about her cancer and how she came to start the hope foundation and how it is taking hold in NY.

I get tired of Floria Attacking Favre but I understand it. But to transpose that jilted feeling toward Deanna, well Florio, that to is not journalism. it is biased opinon, and poor biased opinion at that.

"Trippster" wrote:

umm when i watched it live the first thing i thought was PR. and really there is nothing wrong with that. There has been a lot of stuff flung back and forth between the two sides for a while. Brett Favre has been getting killed in the press. Why else would they run that right now?? They don't want to ruin the potential money earnings of the life long contract and puff peices like this help... especially after all the garbage here lately.

Nothing wrong with calling it what it was ... a public relations piece to calm some fires. and i am fine with that. But don't say it wasn't. The music was sappy and heart warming, the settings were beside fireplaces and in beautiful upstate country fields. Trying to return to that image we all used to have that the Favre family just loved football and loved Green Bay. Maybe we could use a few hundred more of those and then this can all settle down. It was a PR piece but not one to attack Green Bay... it was a PR piece to settle things down a bit.
blank
Heatherthepackgirl
15 years ago
I cannot believe people would rather not hear what she has to say, she lives with Brett and knows him more then any of us will ever. She can talk all she wants, I for one will never tire of her. Keep talking Deanna!!

I missed the interview, hopefully I will get to see it sometime. This is one very classy family if you ask me. 🙂
Heathiee
Fan Shout
beast (7h) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (8h) : damn those vikings
beast (9h) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (9h) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (9h) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (9h) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (9h) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (16h) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (16h) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (16h) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
wpr (23-Apr) : Just about time to watch Sonny Weaver stick it to the seahags. I never get tired of it.
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : *game plan
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : IMHO, not even close. He is not a guy you game play around.
Mucky Tundra (23-Apr) : is Aiyuk worth a 1st rounder?
Zero2Cool (23-Apr) : 49ers are seeking a 1st round pick in exchange for WR Brandon Aiyuk
Mucky Tundra (22-Apr) : Based on Gutes comments, now I don't feel as silly having 13 picks in my mock the other day
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Zach Wilson to Broncos.
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Gutekunst says he'd love to have 13 or 14 picks. He's trading back huh lol
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

27-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.