bboystyle
9 years ago
Prior to the Eagles game, I told my surrounding friends and family that not only will the packers win but it'll be a blow out. Barring any weather changes, this game will be about the same. Where does it all start from? From One of the top pass protecting lines In the league.

Green Bay has been able to make mince meat out of teams with out a pass rush and/or a good secondary. Guess what category the Boys fall under? BOTH!

Everybody wants to talk about the big bad dallas oline and how they control the game and clock. On the flip side, there's an even more big of a mismatch in Dallas dline vs. packers oline. Dallas ranks 28th is sacks and nearly dead last in QB hit and hurries. On top of that, Dallas has a very suspected 26th ranked secondary. Not only can the packers win with lacy having a down day but the game could get ugly fast if Lacy even plays average. Dallas run defense is ranked 8th but that number is largely due to teams being able to pass on them.

Look for a score around 38-17
DakotaT
9 years ago

Prior to the Eagles game, I told my surrounding friends and family that not only will the packers win but it'll be a blow out. Barring any weather changes, this game will be about the same. Where does it all start from? From One of the top pass protecting lines In the league.

Green Bay has been able to make mince meat out of teams with out a pass rush and/or a good secondary. Guess what category the Boys fall under? BOTH!

Everybody wants to talk about the big bad dallas oline and how they control the game and clock. On the flip side, there's an even more big of a mismatch in Dallas dline vs. packers oline. Dallas ranks 28th is sacks and nearly dead last in QB hit and hurries. On top of that, Dallas has a very suspected 26th ranked secondary. Not only can the packers win with lacy having a down day but the game could get ugly fast if Lacy even plays average. Dallas run defense is ranked 8th but that number is largely due to teams being able to pass on them.

Look for a score around 38-17

Originally Posted by: bboystyle 

Good post and I completely agree.
UserPostedImage
buckeyepackfan
9 years ago
I predicted 42-17.

On the same page!

Tonight is going to be the shocker!
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
DarkaneRules
9 years ago
I don't expect a blowout at all, but wouldn't be opposed to it 🙂
Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
texaspackerbacker
9 years ago

I predicted 42-17.

On the same page!

Tonight is going to be the shocker!

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan 

I assume you mean Carolina against Seattle. If so, I agree, it will at least be close, and I would not be at all surprised if the Panthers want to breathe that cold Lambeau air so much that they rise up and shoot down the Hawks.

As for the Packers game, I also agree with the original poster. My prediction was and is 51-24 Packers. As he said, the Cowboys weakness is their D Backs - their D Line and pass rush, not so much. We've got to look out there with our own questionable O Line.

As always, Capers will have to tread the fine line, given the personnel the Packers have, of stopping one or the other, their running or their passing. We just don't have the horses on D to line up and crush both. I do think, though, that Capers' scheming will confuse Romo into some turnovers and rule the day.

Bottom Line: Aaron Rodgers is just so damn good that even though the Cowboys have the Packers outmanned everywhere else (except maybe D Backs), the Packers should win big.
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
buckeyepackfan
9 years ago
This game is all about stopping the run game!

Romo has had the year he has because of Murray!

Aaron and company will put up points early, forcing Dallas to turn away from the run game and that is when The Real tony romo will show up.

Time to give The Packers O-line their due!

Week 17......Packers vs Detroit 154yds rushing
1 sacks allowed

One week later. ....' Boys vs Detroit 73yds rushing 3 sacks allowed
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
TheKanataThrilla
9 years ago
I hope it is a blow out win for the Pack, but I just don't feel it. I just have this feeling that Rodgers is not going to be very healthy and they have been doing their best to try and compensate. Lacy has to have the game of his young career tomorrow if Rodgers hits the sideline because I do not have confidence in Flynn to get it done based on the Detroit game. The only good news is he is probably taking more snaps than normal, but still.
nerdmann
9 years ago

I hope it is a blow out win for the Pack, but I just don't feel it. I just have this feeling that Rodgers is not going to be very healthy and they have been doing their best to try and compensate. Lacy has to have the game of his young career tomorrow if Rodgers hits the sideline because I do not have confidence in Flynn to get it done based on the Detroit game. The only good news is he is probably taking more snaps than normal, but still.

Originally Posted by: TheKanataThrilla 

I just don't trust this team. They don't play to their potential consistently.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
bboystyle
9 years ago

I just don't trust this team. They don't play to their potential consistently.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

the team seems more hungrier now then before. Before they seemed like they were on some royal cloud looking down on teams.
DoddPower
9 years ago
If Aaron Rodgers was mostly healthy, I think the Packers would run away with the game. But Aaron's injury evens things out a bit, unfortunately. I think the Packers will still win, but it won't be easy if Rodgers is still limited physically, which I'm sure he will be.
Fan Shout
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.