PackFanWithTwins
9 years ago

What is missing is any evidence, that a child with a parent home full time is going to be a better member of society when they are adults than a child where both parents have jobs.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
Zero2Cool
9 years ago

Is there a specific Problem you are referring to, I couldn't tell.

Personally I don't think there is any benefit to children to go to organized daycare. My mother was divorced and worked, so my brother and I spent time with sitters. Stay at home moms in the neighborhood who had kids close to our age, that were earning a couple extra bucks on the side so they didn't have to get a job also. It worked well.

With my kids, I was lucky. My mother provided our daycare. She was looking for an excuse to leave her job, and with twin infants, there was no way to afford regular organized daycare. So we helped her with a reason and way so she no longer needed to have a job, and she helped us save money. And there isn't a much more caring provider than a Grandma. The closer extended families can be, the better off we are.

What I see, is that we as a society have isolated ourselves. We don't know our neighbors as well, or as many of them as we did when I was young. Knowing as many of your neighbors, and knowing their kids makes neighborhoods as a whole safer. If you don't know your neighbors, how can you tell if the people that are in your neighborhood at any given time, belong there or not?

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins 

The news has us fear the neighbors next door because everyone is a criminal and sexual predator. I'm hoping to move into a more social neighborhood where I know my neighbors more so than I do now. I live in a good neighborhood now, really good actually, but it's not the friendly good. Not sure if that makes sense.

If a grandma could care for the kids, that would be a great scenario as well over child care institutions. Again, it goes back to the point that we inherently care more about our blood than the blood of others. Again, not saying child care teachers necessarily hate the kids, I'm just saying that family cares more. I want my family there, not someone who views my child as a paycheck.

Those first five years of a child's life are very important and I would want the best for mine.
UserPostedImage
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
9 years ago

Dakota has a high paying job. He just told us he's making 3500 this week. Maybe he should take his 3500 and go to the park and hand it out to the stay at home moms.

...as to me as fright-winger- kindly recall I am raising two "grand-children" that are not even mine, coupled with a "daughter-in-law" that never married my step-son, and has never held a job in her life.

I (we-my wife and I) do it for these two kids. I get to bitch in here in exchange. We pay for everything, fwiw. My oldest grand-child is not in school today. She is not in school because my wife went to work at 6 am. I was off, she didn't want to bother me to walk my granddaughter to the bus-stop. Usually one of us do it. She's going to be pissed, at mom, who has ONE job, taking care of her kids.

The oldest one is my step-son's daughter. She's in kindergarten. My wife and I paid for her to go day-care previously, the last several years. Think about that- we paid for daycare while mom sat on her keester.

I asked Arianna (her name) why she wasn't in school on Columbus day. Of course, I knew why.

Me: Arianna, why aren't you in school?

Arianna: Because it's Columbus day.

Me: Who is Columbus?

Arianna: (After a major pause) He's the guy that got me out of school today.

I'll probably wind up paying for this young ladies' college education, along with her little brother... but to me, it's money well-spent-I have four children of my own -paid for- with appurtenant grandchildren] which I will NOT pay for, nor will any of you, thanks to my ex-wife and I raising our kids properly (mostly her, in fairness- I'd have done a better job as a husband if I were there.)

Originally Posted by: dfosterf 

Pay for her college education. But only if she waits until she is at least 25 to start.

70% or more of entering college students shouldn't be doing so when they are doing so.

And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
DakotaT
9 years ago

Pay for her college education. But only if she waits until she is at least 25 to start.

70% or more of entering college students shouldn't be doing so when they are doing so.

Originally Posted by: Wade 

Why, can't you professors teach? Yeah, they're shitheads, but you should still be able to do your job. College has become a mockery in this country anyway. A whole lot of money is being made by these institutions turning out graduates that can hardly fill out a job application.

But back to Zero's current pet topic - my kids all went to home and structured daycare and I have intelligent well adjusted children. And one of those three went through more than any "wise man" in this forum. It isn't the daycares, it's the parenting. The parents of this country have gotten complacent and down right lazy.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
9 years ago

But back to Zero's current pet topic - my kids all went to home and structured daycare and I have intelligent well adjusted children. And one of those three went through more than any "wise man" in this forum. It isn't the daycares, it's the parenting. The parents of this country have gotten complacent and down right lazy.

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

[palm] [palm]
UserPostedImage
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
9 years ago

Why, can't you professors teach? Yeah, they're shitheads, but you should still be able to do your job. College has become a mockery in this country anyway. A whole lot of money is being made by these institutions turning out graduates that can hardly fill out a job application.

1. Because large numbers aren't ready.
2. Because large numbers don't need what is being taught.
3. Because what large numbers need isn't being taught.

I can't speak to the day care thing because (a) I'm not a parent; (b) I'm not interested in being a parent; and (c) I pretty much can't stand little kids.

And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
texaspackerbacker
9 years ago

I tend to agree with you here (yeah, Zero, twice in one day hahahaha).

I will just say this: Why are colleges that way? Who - which side/which category of people - make them that way? You know the answer; It's the people you pretty much worship - the dilettantish anti-American anti-Judeo-Christian culture and morality anti-free enterprise capitalism leftists. They are too damn busy trying to indoctrinate good people with their crap - the exact same crap you spew so often - to teach them anything. Besides FACTS are a no no to them because they go against the grain of the off-the-wall theories and leftist crap they are pushing.

Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
dfosterf
9 years ago

We have a refinery right in Mandan, which is right across the river from Bismarck - and we have the highest priced gas in the upper Midwest. Got anything else?

And who the hell are you to judge what anybody for work jarhead turned Home Depot apron wearer? You didn't really set the world on fire did you? I know in your mind the career military man is the shit, but to me, you're just another overpaid beaurocrat.

http://bismarcktribune.com/business/local/tesoro-refinery-expansion-will-have-little-effect-on-price-at/article_2796ecf8-f853-11e1-9c12-0019bb2963f4.html 

Read, instead of talk.

dfosterf
9 years ago

Originally Posted by: Wade 

That's excellent advice. 25 seems about 3 years higher than I would have gone, but I'll take that under strong advisement, as I know you took all the factors into consideration.

dfosterf
9 years ago

If you're married and having kids, one of the parents should be raising the child full time, not some child care institution. Are you seriously not able to understand the point being made here about the real problem? What does it say about us that both parents must work? Think about that instead of worrying about your next perceived "witty" comeback. You're commenting often, but your'e not saying a damn thing. Old maybe, wise, not showing it here.

As for the pecker in pocket, no kidding Sherlock. If you knew how well I take care of my girls and help their mothers, you'd be surprised. As for paranoid, not at all, nothing to be paranoid about. Don't even know how that mixes with this.

If we raise better kids, we raise a better society. The saying goes, children are our future, yet we have child care institutions raising them during the most important five years of their lives?

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

OK, maybe I'm being "witty", maybe you see it at your expense and / or / concerns about "your" subject.

You don't have a subject, imo- in the sense that I think you are being overly concerned about one parent staying home, etc.

I wasn't home, virtually EVER. My kids came out just fine, they had a good mom, I guess in this situation you face, you are the good dad. My wife WAS home, but she did daycare, which was a nightmare for me when I was home. (God, how do they do it? ) She was overwhelmed, and certainly not taking care of our children ( our own) in the classical sense.

Slippery Rock State College, childhood development. a/k/a - get high and have fun in school on daddy's nickel- that's where my ex-wife went.

My ex- wife has the pedigree of a semi-high-level FBI agent as an oldest, two college professors in the middle, and an amazing artist as her youngest, also, he's studying my uncles' art. (Phillip Fike--Hey Wade- you remember when some called me the "most interesting man in the world- beer commercial guy? ...as in, b.s.? ----- Google my uncle- we did not get along, but I assure you he was interesting, my vote for the true "guy". HATED me and less so my little bro-- Me-- Gov't trained pure killer, that's what he always called me to my face to his brother, my dad, in addition to our extended family) He's the goldsmith- metal, glass, niello guy at (mostly) Wayne State. Awesome liberal.

All with no dad around in those formative years. (Dakota will be pleased to know they are all semi-commie liberal dems, though I can sway the oldest, at times 😆 )

I'm sure your kids will be just fine. Stop sweatin' it, is all I'm sayin'. , and I have to say a lot to say a little around here, as guys like you are not hearing me. I understand that, I was young once, knew everything, back then.
Fan Shout
dhazer (4h) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (5h) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (5h) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (21h) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
wpr (23-Apr) : Just about time to watch Sonny Weaver stick it to the seahags. I never get tired of it.
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : *game plan
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : IMHO, not even close. He is not a guy you game play around.
Mucky Tundra (23-Apr) : is Aiyuk worth a 1st rounder?
Zero2Cool (23-Apr) : 49ers are seeking a 1st round pick in exchange for WR Brandon Aiyuk
Mucky Tundra (22-Apr) : Based on Gutes comments, now I don't feel as silly having 13 picks in my mock the other day
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Zach Wilson to Broncos.
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Gutekunst says he'd love to have 13 or 14 picks. He's trading back huh lol
beast (22-Apr) : Someday we'll have a draft betting scandal
beast (21-Apr) : Sometimes looking extremely amazing, sometimes looking extremely lost
beast (21-Apr) : I haven't looked into the QBs, but some have suggested Maye has some of the most extremely inconsistent tape they've seen
beast (21-Apr) : Well it also sounds like Patriots are listening to trade offers, not that seriously considering any, but listening means they aren't locked
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Maye needs to be AFC
Mucky Tundra (21-Apr) : Not liking the idea of the Vikings getting Maye
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Vikings HC joked that he may or may not have sent flowers to Bob Kraft. That's where rumor came from.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
30m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Nonstopdrivel

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

14h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

26-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

26-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Nonstopdrivel

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.