Discussion Board
Smokey
  • Smokey
  • Veteran Member Topic Starter
2019-01-18T06:47:09Z
Sunday's AFC/NFC Championship games will see the following menu in my home.

Carolina Pulled Pork Bar-B-Que

Fresh Cole Slaw

Hamburger Rolls

Country Style Baked Beans

Ruffles Potato Chips

Ice Cold Miller High Life Beer

What's on your Sunday Football Menu ? 👍
Rockmolder
2019-01-18T10:27:39Z
You do go all-out on every sunday, Smokey. That's pretty cool. Most of it sounds delicious, as well. Do you prepare everything yourself?

The only thing I'd change up from time to time is that Miller water you're drinking, but I guess you can't argue about taste. [zipmouth]
Smokey
  • Smokey
2019-01-18T11:11:12Z
Originally Posted by: Rockmolder 

You do go all-out on every sunday, Smokey. That's pretty cool. Most of it sounds delicious, as well. Do you prepare everything yourself?

The only thing I'd change up from time to time is that Miller water you're drinking, but I guess you can't argue about taste. [zipmouth]

In my life, Sunday has always held a select place. Special meals regularly occur that don't generally happen the rest of the week. Also, gatherings of friends/family have become a Sunday tradition too.
This week at Joe and Wendy's, the next week at Uncle Bill's, etc.

What may seem like a lot of food, serves very well for meals during the upcoming week. Cooking is not that difficult for me because I enjoy it. Heating up some premium Bar-B-Que and heating up some Baked Beans is not that difficult. Some meals require more involved work/time than others, but good planning generally proves to be the key to preparing good meals.

Soon I will be making my great Crock Pot of Black Eyed Peas with Salt Pork/Onions. One of my winter favorites that last for days. Yumm.
Smokey
  • Smokey
2019-01-30T08:31:51Z
With the cold weather, staying/getting warm is the order of the day. Hot beverages, soups, and stews warm us up and give us the fuel to help maintain it. A large mug of hot Tomato soup can really hit the spot. That Crock Pot Beef Stew that you started early in the morning, gets high praise when dinner time rolls around.

Preparation is the key and it begins at the grocery store when you pre plan ahead and buy flower, or a special cut/s of meat or those family favorite vegetables. Good meals can be quick and easy if one just thinks ahead. Instead of cold sandwiches, you could be serving Sloppy Joes or a great Pasta dish.

Also. one pan/pot meals can cut down on the clean up work as well. Many sites have great simple recipes that while being easy, will get you high praise from your hungry crowd. Some of the best can be found on trusted sites like Campbells, Kraft, Hormel, and others.

👍

Smokey
  • Smokey
2019-01-31T16:24:43Z
Notice: Super Bowl Sunday is almost here !

Plan your feast and do your grocery shopping before the last minute. Sunday may find that store supplies of what you want are already sold out. Tortilla Chips, Beer, meats, and other supplies could be hard to come by unless you think ahead and buy your supplies as soon as you can get them. Don't be the guy that got shut out ! [cool]
Smokey
  • Smokey
2019-03-19T19:19:14Z
 cornbread 321.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.

Cornbread Baby !
KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member
2019-03-19T21:28:32Z
Smokey (Or any one else),
Do you have cornbread recipe for which the bread actually holds together? The problem we have with cornbread/muffins is that it disintegrates whenever you try to spread most anything onto it.
Smokey
  • Smokey
2019-03-20T00:25:15Z
Originally Posted by: KRK 

Smokey (Or any one else),
Do you have cornbread recipe for which the bread actually holds together? The problem we have with cornbread/muffins is that it disintegrates whenever you try to spread most anything onto it.

Jiffy and Martha White are very good cornbread mixes. In fact I used the Jiffy brand to make corn-cornbread today. Jiffy requires 1/3 cup of milk and an egg to be added/stirred into the dry mix.I drain and add a small can of whole kernel yellow corn to make it special. Also instead of muffins I pour the whole 2 cups of batter into a greased baking dish and bake at 400* for 20 minutes. It's what they call a Johnny Cake. Slice like pie and serve with butter.

Mine came out golden brown and really hit the ole spot. Yumm ! 😁
Smokey
  • Smokey
2019-03-22T20:50:31Z
 download.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.

Chow Down Baby !
Smokey
  • Smokey
2019-03-25T20:56:49Z
 bratwurst 112.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.

It's Bratwurst Time !
Smokey
  • Smokey
2019-03-26T19:40:41Z
 hotdog 321.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Smokey
  • Smokey
2019-03-27T19:59:13Z
 food 4438.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Smokey
  • Smokey
2019-04-06T11:36:16Z
 steak dinner 1.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
Smokey
  • Smokey
2019-04-10T02:37:41Z
 Lasagina 101.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.

Lasagna, always a winner !
Smokey
  • Smokey
2019-04-17T03:31:35Z
 sausage&eggs1002.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.

Just add coffee/juice or both !

( I like the Blueberry Syrup on my hotcakes ! )

Pass the Ketchup please . [biggrin]
Smokey
  • Smokey
2019-04-17T06:42:18Z
 ice cream 112233.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.

I scream, you scream, we all scream for
Ice Cream !
Smokey
  • Smokey
2019-04-26T17:48:09Z
 Country_Fried_Steak_121.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.

Enough said Baby !
Smokey
  • Smokey
2020-07-22T01:17:59Z
The summer heat may cause some to not want to grill with the high heat of the season. Cooler meals can be most enjoyable and for some less hot kitchens too. i'll start a list of cold foods and invite more to add to it.

Watermelon
Honeydew Melon
Strawberries
Grapes
Coleslaw
Potato Salad (store bought is very good)
Garden Salads (whatever you prefer)
Tuna Salad
Chips and Dips
Cottage Cheese
Summer Sausage
Cold Cut Meats
Jello
Iced Tea
Watergate Salad
Cucumber and Onions in Vinegar
Bananas
Sliced Cold Tomatoes
Ice Cream
Fresh Apple Salad

Be Cool Now !

Cheesey
2020-07-22T03:52:27Z
I’ve had several things on your list.
I’ve eaten more watermelon this summer then I had in the last 2 decades.
And gallons of ice tea!
KRK
  • KRK
  • Veteran Member
2020-07-22T14:48:10Z
Originally Posted by: Smokey 

The summer heat may cause some to not want to grill with the high heat of the season. Cooler meals can be most enjoyable and for some less hot kitchens too. i'll start a list of cold foods and invite more to add to it.

Watermelon
Honeydew Melon
Strawberries
Grapes
Coleslaw
Potato Salad (store bought is very good)
Garden Salads (whatever you prefer)
Tuna Salad
Chips and Dips
Cottage Cheese
Summer Sausage
Cold Cut Meats
Jello
Iced Tea
Watergate Salad
Cucumber and Onions in Vinegar
Bananas
Sliced Cold Tomatoes
Ice Cream
Fresh Apple Salad

Be Cool Now !

Items:
  • Watermelon is very good for your health, as are the other fruits
  • Cold cuts - not so much, especially overly processed stuff.
    Substitute cold grilled chicken
  • What is Watergate Salad?

Cheesey
2020-07-22T17:28:10Z
Originally Posted by: KRK 

Items:
[list

• What is Watergate Salad?[/list]

• Well.....first you find a person with the last name “Nixon”, chop them up into little pieces, put it on lettuce, add your favorite dressing, and there you go!🤪😂