play2win
10 years ago
Looking at teams who are in need of picks, here is a list of teams with 6 picks or less in this draft:

WAS 5
IND 5
ARI 6
BUF 6
PHI 6
KC 6
SEA 6
TB 6
TEN 6

Let's say our best chance of trading for another R1 is with the two teams bracketing our #21 selection, being ARI at #20 and PHI at #22, along with KC, who currently is without a 2014 R2, picking at #23.

Our R1 from 2015, along with our R2(53) and R3(85) selections should be enough to make a deal like that work. I'm thinking something could be done with any of these 3 teams (ARI, PHI and KC).

TB at #7, BUF at #9 and TEN at #11 might be too far out of reach to close a deal, unless we are talking about adding multiple picks from R4-R7. Even then I don't see how we can get there, unless they really, really want a multitude of picks.

As the draft unfolds, Ted may see TWO players that have fallen to him and he may really want to add both in R1. I think he could get a deal done with the right team.

Since this is a deep draft, there will be a lot of teams looking to add more picks, making an offer like this attractive to all three of those teams.

Can you imagine adding both Ha-Ha and Mosley or Shazier? I can.
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
10 years ago
It is possible but since the draft is deep why not get 4 quality players instead of 2 very good players?
UserPostedImage
TheKanataThrilla
10 years ago

It is possible but since the draft is deep why not get 4 quality players instead of 2 very good players?

Originally Posted by: wpr 

Totally agree. A deep draft seems to be the time to increase your picks not decrease them.

luigis
10 years ago
Being at #21 I think we might do a trade up if the board starts to get thin but I don't think we can handle yet another 1st round pick without paying the price and I can't see Thompson wanting to pay the price.

Luis
play2win
10 years ago

Just saying if Ted has two players rated WAY high who have miraculously fallen in our laps, and he is able to land both, he could. Especially with PHI and KC right behind us at #22 and #23.

Sure, it looks like a good, deep draft. But, we would still hold onto our R3 (98), R4 and both R5s in this scenario, along with an R6 and an R7. If Ted really wanted to, and both PHI and KC were looking to add more picks, this is one way it could happen. Same with ARI at #20 if they so wanted to trade down.

Essentially trading away 2015's R1 and an R3 from this year to make your R2 selection in R1 instead. I think that is good value, and falls within the trade value charting for the other teams.

All 3 of these teams need more picks in what is classified as a deep draft. That is the commodity, and we have 9 picks. It could work if Ted wanted it to work and any of these 3 teams were willing to deal.

Everybody wants to trade down for more picks. That's the rub. Maybe this is the year we can trade up and get two 1s, like we did with Raji and Clay. I see this as the scenario where it can actually happen, with ARI, PHI or KC, all with only 6 selections.
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
10 years ago

Just saying if Ted has two players rated WAY high who have miraculously fallen in our laps, and he is able to land both, he could. Especially with PHI and KC right behind us at #22 and #23.

Sure, it looks like a good, deep draft. But, we would still hold onto our R3 (98), R4 and both R5s in this scenario, along with an R6 and an R7. If Ted really wanted to, and both PHI and KC were looking to add more picks, this is one way it could happen. Same with ARI at #20 if they so wanted to trade down.

Essentially trading away 2015's R1 and an R3 from this year to make your R2 selection in R1 instead. I think that is good value, and falls within the trade value charting for the other teams.

All 3 of these teams need more picks in what is classified as a deep draft. That is the commodity, and we have 9 picks. It could work if Ted wanted it to work and any of these 3 teams were willing to deal.

Originally Posted by: play2win 

I know p2w. I have been one of the few who dared to advocate quality over quantity over the past couple of months. (I noticed you in my corner during the discussions) Of course I also pointed out I was speaking in general and not this specific draft.

UserPostedImage
play2win
10 years ago

I know p2w. I have been one of the few who dared to advocate quality over quantity over the past couple of months. (I noticed you in my corner during the discussions) Of course I also pointed out I was speaking in general and not this specific draft.

Its a weird thing. Maybe, just maybe, Ted has two players valued that high where he deems it worthwhile. I guess I'm just saying, he could actually pull it off if any of those 3 particular teams wanted to deal. Of course, dealing with ARI and or PHI would be optimal, to insure you get both players if they are indeed there.
Zero2Cool
10 years ago

I agree with quality over quantity. However, Packers get better quality out of round two and three than round one.

I would prefer something like this.

49ers get
2014 1st round pick - 21st overall

Packers get
2014 2nd round pick - 56th overall
2014 2nd round pick - 61st overall
2014 3rd round pick - 77th overall
2014 3rd round pick - 94th overall

That would give the Packers

Round 2, #53
Round 2, #56
Round 2, #61
Round 3, #77
Round 3, #85
Round 3, #94
Round 3, #98

Tell me seven picks between rounds 2 and 3 doesn't excite you more than using that 21st overall selection on what most are saying is the deepest draft in many years.
UserPostedImage
play2win
10 years ago

I agree with quality over quantity. However, Packers get better quality out of round two and three than round one.

I would prefer something like this.

49ers get
2014 1st round pick - 21st overall

Packers get
2014 2nd round pick - 56th overall
2014 2nd round pick - 61st overall
2014 3rd round pick - 77th overall
2014 3rd round pick - 94th overall

That would give the Packers

Round 2, #53
Round 2, #56
Round 2, #61
Round 3, #77
Round 3, #85
Round 3, #94
Round 3, #98

Tell me seven picks between rounds 2 and 3 doesn't excite you more than using that 21st overall selection on what most are saying is the deepest draft in many years.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

According to the chart SF would only have to give up the #77 pick to make the deal work. That #94 is a 120 point throw in, and we are already over by 35 pts...

But, HELL YEAH I would take that deal too. I'm just talking about getting two R1 selections, and what it might take to do so, and how feasible it might actually be.
steveishere
10 years ago
2nd 3rd and 4th round picks seem pretty valuable to me this year. Teams that usually go back up to get another 1st rounder are ones that have a high 2nd round pick which is not us meaning we'd probably have to give up most of the early/middle of our draft to do it which just doesn't seem worth it for what's potentially available at the end of the 1st, most of those guys just don't seem like players you give up that much for. I don't see the late 1st being significantly stronger than the late 2nd. I mean is haha and mosely really a future 1st, a 2nd and 3rd better than something like haha/Jordan Matthews, haha/Murphy, or Mosely/Bucannon
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

11h / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

13h / Packers Draft Threads / beast

13h / Packers Draft Threads / beast

17h / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

17h / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / bboystyle

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / go.pack.go.

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.