nerdmann
10 years ago
Too old. I bet Ted drafts a guy.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Zero2Cool
10 years ago

Are we talking about making a trade and basically ASSUMING that $12.4 million cap number? a big no way to that! Or are we talking about Suggs being cut and we sign him for something reasonable, in which case, the question becomes HOW reasonable? and how much does he have left in the tank?

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker 

Ravens are most likely going to cut Suggs, thus, he will be free to sign with whomever as he does not have to clear waivers.

The Packers already have apprx. 25 mil. committed to the LBr position for 2014, jmho, there is only so much money to go around.

That doesn't include Mike Neal, Francois or Lattimore.

I think Francois is gone, but do think Ted will make an effort to resign Neal and Lattimore.

Neither should break the bank, so those expecting ted to go after a Big Name FA LBr are probably going to be disappointed.

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan 

Matthews $11,100,000
Hawk $5,100,000
Brad Jones $4,000,000
Perry $2,045,250

$22,245,250

You get rid of Brad Jones.

Too old. I bet Ted drafts a guy.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

Because what the Packers need is MORE young inexperienced guys? While I don't believe Suggs would sign here for a reasonable contract, e.g. 2 year $6 million because he just got a ring and probably wants to cash in for as much as he can get. That being said, his experience is exactly what the Packers defense needs.
UserPostedImage
mi_keys
10 years ago

Ravens are most likely going to cut Suggs, thus, he will be free to sign with whomever as he does not have to clear waivers.

Matthews $11,100,000
Hawk $5,100,000
Brad Jones $4,000,000
Perry $2,045,250

$22,245,250

You get rid of Brad Jones.

Because what the Packers need is MORE young inexperienced guys? While I don't believe Suggs would sign here for a reasonable contract, e.g. 2 year $6 million because he just got a ring and probably wants to cash in for as much as he can get. That being said, his experience is exactly what the Packers defense needs.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

I thought Hawk's cap number was coming down or are you looking at 2013 cap numbers?

According to the below source, Hawk's 2014 cap hit will only be $2.5M.

http://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2013/3/18/4121176/a-j-hawk-contract-details-packers 

Born and bred a cheesehead
buckeyepackfan
10 years ago

I thought Hawk's cap number was coming down or are you looking at 2013 cap numbers?

According to the below source, Hawk's 2014 cap hit will only be $2.5M.

http://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2013/3/18/4121176/a-j-hawk-contract-details-packers 

Originally Posted by: mi_keys 

2.5M is the amount of money his cap number dropped in 2014 after redoing his contract.

Originally it would have been 7.6mil, now it will be 5.1mil

Edit: Zero posted this in another thread, I am going to repost it again, solid numbers on every player under contract for 2014.

http://www.spotrac.com/n...ay-packers/cap-hit/2014/ 
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
buckeyepackfan
10 years ago
"Zero2Cool;269729]Ravens are most likely going to cut Suggs, thus, he will be free to sign with whomever as he does not have to clear waivers.

Matthews $11,100,000
Hawk $5,100,000
Brad Jones $4,000,000
Perry $2,045,250

$22,245,250

You get rid of Brad Jones."

You think Ted will take a 2m hit on the salary cap?

That is the "dead money" listed for Jones in 2014, I am guessing that means "guaranteed" The Packers will have to pay him 2m whether he is on the roster or not.
PackFanWithTwins
10 years ago

"Zero2Cool;269729]Ravens are most likely going to cut Suggs, thus, he will be free to sign with whomever as he does not have to clear waivers.

Matthews $11,100,000
Hawk $5,100,000
Brad Jones $4,000,000
Perry $2,045,250

$22,245,250

You get rid of Brad Jones."

You think Ted will take a 2m hit on the salary cap?

That is the "dead money" listed for Jones in 2014, I am guessing that means "guaranteed" The Packers will have to pay him 2m whether he is on the roster or not.

Originally Posted by: buckeyepackfan 

Dead money is what he would count against the cap if he was cut. It is the 2 remaining years of prorated signing bonus moved forward.

So Cutting Jones would result in a net gain of 2 million in cap room.
Cutting Hawk would be a net 1.9 million gain.
Perry and Matthews would both add to the cap by cutting them.

The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
nerdmann
10 years ago
Ted did sign Jeff Saturday. It's not inconceivable that'd he's make Suggs an offer. Suggs would have to accept it though.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
buckeyepackfan
10 years ago

Dead money is what he would count against the cap if he was cut. It is the 2 remaining years of prorated signing bonus moved forward.

So Cutting Jones would result in a net gain of 2 million in cap room.
Cutting Hawk would be a net 1.9 million gain.
Perry and Matthews would both add to the cap by cutting them.

Originally Posted by: PackFanWithTwins 

Basically what I said, it's still a 2m cap hit, that's money that can't be spent on another player.

I'm not sure if that is correct but even if it is, What kind of FA could Ted bring in for 2mil?

No guarantees, they would be better than Jones.

Ted addressed the LBr position last year, Jones was injured, he didn't have his best year, but Ted signed him for a reason.

I think you will find the teams that end up in "cap hell", continually sign players then cut them before their contracts are up.

Hopefully next year there won't be a rash of injuries to the LBr position, and the D-line.
I always read where CM3 would be so much better if The Packers could just find someone who can stay healthy to play the other OLB position.

Well the same can be said about Jones or any of the LBr -positions.

Depending on which Packer FA's Ted decides to bring back, I can see him drafting an ILBr high in the draft.

Hell The Packers aren't going to be able to depend on A.J. Hawk forever, they need to find someone to replace him in the next 2 or 3 years.

Fan Shout
Martha Careful (12h) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (15h) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (16h) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (19h) : Flag?
Martha Careful (19h) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (19h) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
wpr (23-Apr) : Just about time to watch Sonny Weaver stick it to the seahags. I never get tired of it.
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : *game plan
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : IMHO, not even close. He is not a guy you game play around.
Mucky Tundra (23-Apr) : is Aiyuk worth a 1st rounder?
Zero2Cool (23-Apr) : 49ers are seeking a 1st round pick in exchange for WR Brandon Aiyuk
Mucky Tundra (22-Apr) : Based on Gutes comments, now I don't feel as silly having 13 picks in my mock the other day
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Zach Wilson to Broncos.
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Gutekunst says he'd love to have 13 or 14 picks. He's trading back huh lol
beast (22-Apr) : Someday we'll have a draft betting scandal
beast (21-Apr) : Sometimes looking extremely amazing, sometimes looking extremely lost
beast (21-Apr) : I haven't looked into the QBs, but some have suggested Maye has some of the most extremely inconsistent tape they've seen
beast (21-Apr) : Well it also sounds like Patriots are listening to trade offers, not that seriously considering any, but listening means they aren't locked
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Maye needs to be AFC
Mucky Tundra (21-Apr) : Not liking the idea of the Vikings getting Maye
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Vikings HC joked that he may or may not have sent flowers to Bob Kraft. That's where rumor came from.
beast (21-Apr) : Can't tell if this is real or BS, but some rumors about a possible Patriots/Vikings trade for #3 overall
dfosterf (21-Apr) : One playbook to my knowledge. I was shooting for facetious.
beast (20-Apr) : I'm not sure they have different playbooks for different OL positions, and Dillard run blocking is supposedly worse than his pass blocking..
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
22m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Nonstopdrivel

25m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Nonstopdrivel

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

12h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

16h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

26-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Nonstopdrivel

25-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

25-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

25-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

24-Apr / Random Babble / beast

22-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.