texaspackerbacker
10 years ago
He didn't seem to be making many tackles, and he did seem to be late arriving in coverage a few times. Is it an "anybody but McMillian or Jennings" mentality? That's probably justified the way those two have played, but I don't see Richardson as much of a solution either.

This "HaHa" guy who some project we will draft, what kind of safety is he? a big plodding guy who hits hard (I hope not)? or a fast cover safety who can do a decent job tackling too? I would rank safety above O Line or D Line or ILB or OLB in draft needs, but I don't want the wrong kind.
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
PackFanWithTwins
10 years ago
You know, if we only allowed 2 games to determine what a player can do, Nick Collins would have been cut.

I like the potential that Richardson has at FS. He is tall which can be used to counter some of the height differences we are seeing between WR/TE and DBs.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
nerdmann
10 years ago
He's all we've got right now, other than Jennings and Bush.

Then again, I wouldn't mind seeing Hyde get some snaps now and then.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
10 years ago
Hasean Haha Clinton-Dix:
6-1 208
40- 4.54

CBS  

Analysis
STRENGTHS: Clinton-Dix changes directions fluidly and accelerates smoothly. He reads the quarterback's eyes well and breaks on the ball, showing a late burst to close downhill. He has plus hands for the interception and shows vision and natural open-field running skills with the ball in his hands. Clinton-Dix anticipates the run well, attacking the line of scrimmage to make some impressive stops up close.

WEAKNESSES: Doesn't have the preferred strength, at this time, to break free from blocks and isn't a consistently physical tackler, electing to grab and pull down ball-carriers rather than striking them forcefully.

Walter :

Skill-Set Summary: Don't be surprised if Clinton-Dix explodes this season. He was one of the top recruits in the nation out of Orlando, Florida. Clinton-Dix has a rare combination of speed, explosiveness and size. As an athlete, he has special ability with the potential to be an impact starter in the NFL.

The Crimson Tide's defensive backs are coached by head coach Nick Saban, and he demands a lot from his cornerbacks and safeties. With the defensive scheme and what is asked of the pass defenders, it takes some developmental time for players to learn their responsibilities. That is why they rarely see the field until their sophomore season at the earliest, with many players having a redshirt season in addition to a freshman year as a backup.

Clinton-Dix followed in that mold as a backup to Lester and Mark Barron in the beginning. Judging from his one year of playing time, Clinton-Dix looks to have excellent instincts. He looks like a smart defender in the deep part of the field. Clinton-Dix covers a lot of ground and is very good at reading the quarterback to know which part of field the throw is going to. That put him in position for big plays including his interception against Notre Dame last season.

Along with excellent foot speed, Clinton-Dix has good ball skills. Obviously, he has been prepared well via the tip drill and other coaching at Alabama.

Clinton-Dix hasn't really shown to be a big hitter, but considering he played in a platoon role, it remains to be seen if he has some enforcer to his game. Clinton-Dix has the size to be a hard hitter and Saban has said that Clinton-Dix is a good tackler. He has the measurements to cover big receivers and tight ends.

It would be good for Clinton-Dix to show as a consistently good defender in run support this year. The junior's stock could get a real boost if he can show the ability to play some man coverage on slot receivers and tight ends. NFL teams have a real demand for safeties with that skill set.

With his size, speed, production and development, Clinton-Dix looks poised for an impact season that could easily lead him to entering the 2014 NFL Draft.

UserPostedImage
PackFanWithTwins
10 years ago

Hasean Haha Clinton-Dix:
6-1 208
40- 4.54

Originally Posted by: wpr 

So that makes Sean Richardson taller, Bigger and Faster.
The world needs ditch diggers too Danny!!!
Zero2Cool
10 years ago
When I watched pre-season games, #28 was always at the ball, it was unreal. That was I believe the 2012 pre-season. I like him because he's bigger and faster than our other options and hasn't proven to be a lost cause. He has good potential and I'd rather see him starting than contributing on special teams. At least if he makes a mistake he has some speed to cover it up ala Sam Shields, although not world class speed.

Oh and my favorite part about Sean Richardson ... his tackling!
UserPostedImage
texaspackerbacker
10 years ago
I like what I read about Clinton-Dix. Speedy cover safety, OK tackler but not a big plodder - although 6'1, 208 is decent size.

Maybe Richardson is faster than he seemed the two times I saw him in games (on TV), but he seemed more like the kind of plodder I don't want.
DakotaT
10 years ago

I like what I read about Clinton-Dix. Speedy cover safety, OK tackler but not a big plodder - although 6'1, 208 is decent size.

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker 

You know damn well Ted Thompson is not taking a safety in the first round.
UserPostedImage
texaspackerbacker
10 years ago

You know damn well Ted Thompson is not taking a safety in the first round.

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

Oh but we must give the man the benefit of the doubt - since his record of team building and #1 picks is so good. 😆

nerdmann
10 years ago

WEAKNESSES: Doesn't have the preferred strength, at this time, to break free from blocks and isn't a consistently physical tackler, electing to grab and pull down ball-carriers rather than striking them forcefully.

That actually sounds pretty good, for the way the game is officiated right now. Strike a guy forcefully, and it's an extra 15 yards.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Fan Shout
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.