wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member Topic Starter
10 years ago

"The Packers right now are making this defense look like the '85 Bears," Aikman said as the Cowboys were on their way to a 26-3 lead at halftime.

This was a Cowboys team that was so weak on defense it prompted the NFL Network's Warren Sapp to start calling them the "Alice Cowboys."

ESPN's Mike Ditka, who spent 15 years with Dallas, said about the current team: "They don't know how to play defense" and "that is the worst defense in the history of the Cowboys' organization."

"Right now, the Cowboys can do whatever they want. They can run the football. They can throw. The next time the Packers get the ball, if they don't start doing something, the Cowboys are going to run them right out of this stadium."

By the end of Green Bay's improbable 37-36 victory, play-by-play announcer Joe Buck said: "This game is not to be believed."

Later in the half, Aikman shared his astonishment about Lacy's play with viewers: "This guy is unbelievable."

Aikman finished the telecast with another dramatic declaration.

"Joe, there are games that you look back on, that you were disappointed you were unable to win," Aikman said. "There's a play here and there. This one, really, it's hard to explain. I mean the Packers — hey, give them credit. They went down the field and came away with touchdowns.

"A great job there in that second half. But the management, the clock management by Cowboys, about as bad as I have seen."

Before the game Jimmy Johnson said "Now Monte Kiffin is saying, 'Yeah, that's right, We play some defense. Bring 'em on, baby. Bring on Matt Flynn. We'll play some defense there in (the) Cowboys' stadium.'"

After Flynn's second-half performance, Johnson issued an apology.

"I've got to apologize to Matt Flynn," Johnson said. "But I will say this as a disclaimer there. I forgot he was playing the Dallas defense."

JSOnline  wrote:

UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
10 years ago
“Just to see the emotion of guys, what we overcame, I don’t have the words. My vocabulary’s stuck right now, I need some water, frankly. It was incredible. It took me everything not to cry.” said Packers coach Mike McCarthy, "I'm just drained. Just the sheer emotion. It was incredible."
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
10 years ago

"It took me everything not to cry," said Packers coach Mike McCarthy, "I'm just drained. Just the sheer emotion. It was incredible."

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

that is all I ask and expect from the HC and team every single game. Give it all up for 60 then go home. If they do they will win a heck of a lot more times than they lose.
UserPostedImage
rabidgopher04
10 years ago
Even more interesting is the end of that article where it says the University of Texas is interested in Mike McCarthy to become their next head coach.
Amazing Bacon Delivery  Service! Never be without good bacon again.
coltonja
10 years ago
My favorite quote from the various articles I have read:
"I was a little down in the dumps after that," Packers left guard Josh Sitton said. "But Flynn came up to me and said, ‘Just believe, man. Just believe.'"

Edit: this was after Tramon's first pick was taken away from him and Dez Bryant's incredible TD catch.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to pack93z for the sig!!!
play2win
10 years ago

My favorite quote from the various articles I have read:
"I was a little down in the dumps after that," Packers left guard Josh Sitton said. "But Flynn came up to me and said, ‘Just believe, man. Just believe.'"

Edit: this was after Tramon's first pick was taken away from him and Dez Bryant's incredible TD catch.

Originally Posted by: coltonja 

Nice. What a stroke of luck for us to get Flynn back. The guy won a National Championship, as did Lacy. They know how to win in big games. I hadn't seen that quote coltonja, but it is one of my favorites now too. A little window into the mind of a true competitor and leader of our O while Rodgers has been away. Great to see.

That was an epic win we witnessed yesterday.
nerdmann
10 years ago

that is all I ask and expect from the HC and team every single game. Give it all up for 60 then go home. If they do they will win a heck of a lot more times than they lose.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

Or in this case, 30. Whatever works.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
wpr
  • wpr
10 years ago

Or in this case, 30. Whatever works.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

no way. The Packers for years and years and years have floated along putting out a token effort and then dialed it up more because they had to only to find out that they came up a little short. I hate that.

Give the max or go home.
UserPostedImage
sschind
10 years ago

no way. The Packers for years and years and years have floated along putting out a token effort and then dialed it up more because they had to only to find out that they came up a little short. I hate that.

Give the max or go home.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

Like the Jordan era Bulls. Play a little game and be up by 4 after 3 quarters and win by 25.

texaspackerbacker
10 years ago
The whole season was hanging by a real thin thread when we were down 26-3 at halftime. As great as this win is, though, we need some help from the Ravens tonight - the best chance for the Lions to go down, and of course, it's all for nothing if we can't win the last two, including knocking off the Bears.
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
Fan Shout
beast (16m) : Does he say what it is?
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Christian Watson believes he has discovered the root cause his soft-tissue leg injuries
Zero2Cool (22-May) : Savage played last half of season with tear in rotator cuff
Zero2Cool (22-May) : SISSIES!!!!
Mucky Tundra (22-May) : Sounds like both Kraft and Tom were injuried before OTAs began
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Not serious but waiting for strength and conditioning coach referwnces.
buckeyepackfan (22-May) : Tom and Kraft both injured(pectoral muscle),
Zero2Cool (20-May) : I feel similar about person and product/service.
beast (17-May) : Not sure why a players views reflect on GB... instead of simply on the player
Martha Careful (17-May) : I bet some of us have had 6+ mRNA jabs, a UKR flag on our walls, and still think Fauci has a thread of integrity
Zero2Cool (16-May) : From what I've read, it's all Jets , not us.
CanPackFan (16-May) : Will there ever be a time when Rodgers' whacko views will not reflect on GB? He is the past, thank god.
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Jan 4th gonna be rough with that start time lol
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Packers schedule listed. Boom.
buckeyepackfan (15-May) : Let the leaks begin. Colts @ Packers week 2, Vikings @ Packers week 4
Zero2Cool (14-May) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (14-May) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Zero2Cool (13-May) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Zero2Cool (13-May) : I know we moved on. That tidbit just makes me a touch happier.
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Sources spoke of many, many times last summer where Hackett called a play, then Rodgers changed it completely at the line
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
23h / Around The NFL / Zero2Cool

23-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

21-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Nonstopdrivel

20-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

20-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

15-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

12-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.