dhazer
15 years ago
I ask you all.... Who would you rather have as the young Q.B. starting for "Your Green Bay Packers." Alex Smith? Matt Leinart? Vince Young? JaMarcus Russell?

You forgot Jay Cutler and i would take Cutler over Rodgers in a heartbeat but out of the choices I would take Russell and maybe Smith if he wasn't thrown right into the fire and got to sit for 3 years behind an icon( whos to say Rodgers wouldn't have played like shit to if he was thrown right into the fire) As far as your trade with the Jets Raider i think the Jets would pass on that trade because theres one thing that Brett does that Rodgers won't do and thats put people in the seats which = profit and it doesn't hurt hes a great qb and has gas left in the tank.
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
Packnic
15 years ago
ignoring dhazers post completely.

redsox... i know what your saying and my only rebuttal to that is this. Brett had a dream season last year. No major injuries to the team, not a terribly hard schedule, and things just seemed to click like in Denver. But i think that was the small window you are talking about. If he couldn't win it with everything going great for him... how was he gonna win it this year, with the exact opposite things happening. I just don't think holding back Aarons development for one futile attempt at a SB was the best idea. That was what Mike Sherman tried and failed over and over again at.

and also. Matt Ryan did not have an AMAZING game against us. he did nothing spectacular and just kept from losing the game... which in itself is impressive i agree. But he has a long way to go before we can call him one of the great young qbs in the league. Maybe we can call him one of the great young game managers. But he is far from special right now.
blank
Pack93z
15 years ago

I ask you all.... Who would you rather have as the young Q.B. starting for "Your Green Bay Packers." Alex Smith? Matt Leinart? Vince Young? JaMarcus Russell?

You forgot Jay Cutler and i would take Cutler over Rodgers in a heartbeat but out of the choices I would take Russell and maybe Smith if he wasn't thrown right into the fire and got to sit for 3 years behind an icon( whos to say Rodgers wouldn't have played like shit to if he was thrown right into the fire) As far as your trade with the Jets Raider i think the Jets would pass on that trade because theres one thing that Brett does that Rodgers won't do and thats put people in the seats which = profit and it doesn't hurt hes a great qb and has gas left in the tank.

"dhazer" wrote:

Sometimes it is so lucid that the unbridled hatred for the guy that comes next is just so very stalwart.. that it should be bottled and sold as pure poison.

Seriously Smith.. are you kidding me.. Why not throw Couch, Akili, and Leaf in the argument as well.

I just don't understand what it is that is seen in Rodgers that makes some hate him... He could be Montana and he would probably still draw the ire.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
dhazer
15 years ago

redsox... i know what your saying and my only rebuttal to that is this. Brett had a dream season last year. No major injuries to the team, not a terribly hard schedule, and things just seemed to click like in Denver. But i think that was the small window you are talking about. If he couldn't win it with everything going great for him... how was he gonna win it this year, with the exact opposite things happening. I just don't think holding back Aarons development for one futile attempt at a SB was the best idea. That was what Mike Sherman tried and failed over and over again at.

and also. Matt Ryan did not have an AMAZING game against us. he did nothing spectacular and just kept from losing the game... which in itself is impressive i agree. But he has a long way to go before we can call him one of the great young qbs in the league. Maybe we can call him one of the great young game managers. But he is far from special right now.

"Packnic" wrote:

Thats just plain rude to ignore my post . Ok tell me this then pack why are you calling rodgers a great young qb when he has more experience the ryan. After all you did make a good point he kept from losing the game, I dont know about you but i wish we had a qb that just manages to win game. After all isn't that what we want for our team and thats wins. Heck gimmie Kerry Collins right now i would be happy he's 5-0 lol
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
dhazer
15 years ago

"pack93z" wrote:

Sometimes it is so lucid that the unbridled hatred for the guy that comes next is just so very stalwart.. that it should be bottled and sold as pure poison.

Seriously Smith.. are you kidding me.. Why not throw Couch, Akili, and Leaf in the argument as well.

I just don't understand what it is that is seen in Rodgers that makes some hate him... He could be Montana and he would probably still draw the ire.

"dhazer" wrote:

The reason i said Smith was If he didn't get thrown into the fire right away and got to learn he might have been a great Qb after all he was drafted ahead of the guy that 23 other teams passed on. I still wish and cross my fingers we can somehow get harrell next year. Oh btw i wouldn't take Leaf he reminds me of Mr. Back me or shut the hell up.
UserPostedImage
RedSoxExcel
15 years ago

"Packnic" wrote:

I think it was this team was just that good and Favre was just that great and still is. The first 8 games of last year. We had basically no rushing attack and we were 7-1 I think? We finished 21st in rushing last year and that was with Grant being one of the rushing leaders for the last 8 games. The Jets are 2-2 after a 4-12 season. He made the difference. Their defence still stinks. Fenaca hasn't helped much considering their 28th in rushing and the sacks. The RB is still the same. The WR's are still the same. And their already at the halfway point for their wins all of last year 4 games in. One guy did make a lot of difference IMO.

And the schedule last year. First five games were Eagles, Giants, Chargers, Vikings and Bears and we were 4-1 (with the same issues with the running game). This year we have the Vikings, Lions, Cowboys, Bucs and Falcons. We should be 4-1. I don't think the schedule this year has been that much harder, I would actually argue it's been easier this year. It's pretty much the same team but with one different player (I really don't think Williams has cost us any games with Harris out). Maybe Favre senses the pressure on the int'l grounding or the hit/int in tampa, maybe he doesn't, maybe Favre leads us to a victory against the Falcons, maybe he doesn't. But my opinion is that he does, but it is exactly just that. An opinion. I could be wrong.

I really think that the team is pretty good and Favre makes up for a lot of the weaknesses (i.e. RB and O-line - just like he is doing in NY), which Rodgers can't do right now because of experience. I'd rather have taken another shot at it. But I can understand why someone would think that last year wasn't the real deal and there was no point in trying again (though I find it strange so many people were predicting 13-3, 12-4 before the season started). I thought this was a 9-7 team with Rodgers, 12-4 with Favre. But I could be wrong by the end of the year and the Packers could get it together and go off with 5 straight wins. But as of right now, I don't like the decision any better than I did 2 months ago (hopefully they prove me wrong).

I hate bringing up injuries because its an excuse even when people say "but I'm not saying this as an excuse". The Pats lost the MVP and are 3-1. Everyteam deals with injuries. Lots of players play hurt, its part of the game. Woodson was banged parts of last season too but no one was bringing it up last year. Yeah we lost Al Harris but I don't think Williams is the reason we lost 3 games.

But overall, even in all my negativity about this year, Rodgers appears to be a legit NFL QB which is great, I just would have liked to see us give it one more shot with Favre. And if Rodgers leaves when his contract is done, I swear to god I'm going to put my head through TT's ribs...
blank
longtimefan
15 years ago
This where I am accused of saying I think Aaron Rodgers is better or that I am glad BF is gone..

Nothing can be further from the truth.

I just dont like people giving him credit for the 7-1 record when, he did nothing to help them in 2 wins...

IMO they would have been 5-3 half way thru, if it wasnt for the D

philly and washington stats

3 int no td 6 sacks

now dont explain why he didnt do anything or he gave us the chance..Fact is HE didnt help us win, after all that is what this debate is about, is he gives us the BEST chance.
RedSoxExcel
15 years ago

This where I am accused of saying I think Aaron Rodgers is better or that I am glad Brett Favre is gone..

I just dont like people giving him credit for the 7-1 record when, he did nothing to help them in 2 wins...

3 int no td 6 sacks

now dont explain why he didnt do anything or he gave us the chance..Fact is HE didnt help us win, after all that is what this debate is about, is he gives us the BEST chance.

"longtimefan" wrote:

Thats your opinion which is cool. I just don't see it. I see no way that Rodgers is better for this team this year than Favre. You have someone that you went 13-3 and already clicks with the receivers and already knows the playbook, etc. To someone that is unproven and has shown rookie tendecies. I just don't see it but that's just me.

Favre had 4000+ yards, 28 TD's, 66% completion and a 13-3 record, if you want something more than that from your QB, its not going to happen IMO. Brett Favre gives you the best chance of winning right now IMO. He has the Jets at 2-2 and we're 2-3. The Jets are SAME team as last year except improvements on the o-line (which stinks because their 28th in rushing and have allowed the most sacks I think). The defence has been terrible. So far, record wise, I think Favre is proving he is better right now.

But hopefully I'm wrong.

Also I don't even know why we're even discussing this. Favre is gone, nothing I or anyone else can do. It was TT's decision, he has to live with it. I didn't like it when it happened and so far (early on in the season), I don't like it. But Rodgers is a legit NFL starting QB, but IMO, there is no way he is better for this team right now.
blank
longtimefan
15 years ago

This where I am accused of saying I think Aaron Rodgers is better or that I am glad Brett Favre is gone..

3 int no td 6 sacks

"RedSoxExcel" wrote:

Thats your opinion which is cool. I just don't see it. I see no way that Rodgers is better for this team this year than Favre. You have someone that you went 13-3 and already clicks with the receivers and already knows the playbook, etc. To someone that is unproven and has shown rookie tendecies. I just don't see it but that's just me.

Favre had 4000+ yards, 28 TD's, 66% completion and a 13-3 record, if you want something more than that from your QB, its not going to happen IMO. Brett Favre gives you the best chance of winning right now IMO. He has the Jets at 2-2 and we're 2-3. The Jets are SAME team as last year except improvements on the o-line (which stinks because their 28th in rushing and have allowed the most sacks I think). The defence has been terrible. So far, record wise, I think Favre is proving he is better right now.

But hopefully I'm wrong.

Also I don't even know why we're even discussing this. Favre is gone, nothing I or anyone else can do. It was Ted Thompson's decision, he has to live with it. I didn't like it when it happened and so far (early on in the season), I don't like it. But Rodgers is a legit NFL starting QB, but IMO, there is no way he is better for this team right now.

"longtimefan" wrote:

Again I am NOT SAYING Aaron Rodgers is the better option why is it people can not understand it

My whole issues is BF got us to 7-1

HE DID NOT, I showed how the D was more IMPORTANT for 2 wins..

once again

BF is the better option, but please do not credit him with HELPING the team to 7-1
porky88
15 years ago

"dhazer" wrote:

Thats just plain rude to ignore my post . Ok tell me this then pack why are you calling rodgers a great young qb when he has more experience the ryan. After all you did make a good point he kept from losing the game, I dont know about you but i wish we had a qb that just manages to win game. After all isn't that what we want for our team and thats wins. Heck gimmie Kerry Collins right now i would be happy he's 5-0 lol

"Packnic" wrote:

Unfortunately, the Packers aren't good enough to have a QB just manage and win the game. It'd be impossible with the lack of running game and defense. The Packers are built for the QB to go out and have to play well in order for them to win.

Kerry Collins has an outstanding offensive line, defense, and running game. Aaron Rodgers has outstanding receivers. All this is apples and oranges. Rodgers will have better stats, but his team won't pick him up. Collins' will. Then again it's still early so we'll see.

As far as young QB's goes which you asked in a different post. In the last four drafts, I'd rate it.

1. Jay Cutler
2. Matt Ryan
3. Aaron Rodgers

That's what my QB board would look like if we were to throw all the players from the last four drafts and put them in one big fantasy draft or whatever you want to call it.
Fan Shout
beast (3h) : Not sure why a players views reflect on GB... instead of simply on the player
Martha Careful (22h) : I bet some of us have had 6+ mRNA jabs, a UKR flag on our walls, and still think Fauci has a thread of integrity
Zero2Cool (16-May) : From what I've read, it's all Jets , not us.
CanPackFan (16-May) : Will there ever be a time when Rodgers' whacko views will not reflect on GB? He is the past, thank god.
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Jan 4th gonna be rough with that start time lol
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Packers schedule listed. Boom.
buckeyepackfan (15-May) : Let the leaks begin. Colts @ Packers week 2, Vikings @ Packers week 4
Zero2Cool (14-May) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (14-May) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Zero2Cool (13-May) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Zero2Cool (13-May) : I know we moved on. That tidbit just makes me a touch happier.
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Sources spoke of many, many times last summer where Hackett called a play, then Rodgers changed it completely at the line
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

15-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

12-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.