Gaycandybacon
10 years ago
He has tried to get Offensive Lineman. You can't blame him for nabbing 2 in the first round, and at the time of the draft(at least to my knowledge) had no injury history. Then getting 2 freak injurys on them. Bulaga in the family scrimmage. And Sherrod breaking his leg against the Chiefs.

So lets look at the OL we'll have leading into the next offseason. If we have a healthy Bulaga, Healthy Sherrod. They will probably be our starters, maybe Bakhitiari as the starting RT. We also will have good depth with Barclay and Newhouse (if we resign him?). Lang and Sitton aren't the weak spots imo. I think the weakness lies inside at the Center position when we look at the draft next year. I just hard time seeing us replacing any other position except Center. Lang maybe? But is he the worst Guard we've ever had? No. When Lang is playing well, that guy can really be good. Just to damn inconsistent. Can Barclay play Guard well? Who knows. I honestly don't think he's a tackle the way his body is built. To get to the point the only way I see this O-Line getting better is adding a Center or 2 through the draft/free agency, and get better coaching. I just don't see us replacing Lang or EDS and thinking we'll automatically be better. Coaching is a factor as well!

As for Franklin. I'm so happy for the kid. He played his ass off. I've been saying since week 1 to give him a chance and the kid showed off his skills that made him so successful at UCLA. I honestly don't know why they gave him the rock on 4th and 1.. I would of tried a QB Bootleg or QB sneak. He is not made for that type of situation. I find it funny/awesome but unfortunate for the injured Running backs that when one goes down the other has a career day. This was probably the only positive for this game. The injury's killed us this game. I actually think the Finley concussion was a huge factor why our Passing game wasn't what it was. They didn't have to worry about the outside guys anymore once Finley was gone. Easy matchups for their defense.
steveishere
10 years ago
Franklin did look good. I guess all he needed was to run behind the starting o-line. The only thing that bugged me about him was Rodgers having to explain every single play call to him. Maybe he's just not been getting enough reps in practice but he should know the plays better than that by now.
Laser Gunns
10 years ago
Impressive, but need a bigger sample size.

MintBaconDrivel
Dec, 11, 2012 - FOREVER!
Gaycandybacon
10 years ago

Franklin did look good. I guess all he needed was to run behind the starting o-line. The only thing that bugged me about him was Rodgers having to explain every single play call to him. Maybe he's just not been getting enough reps in practice but he should know the plays better than that by now.

Originally Posted by: steveishere 

Well for one they didn't put the guy on the field till every single running back got hurt on the team including Kuhn.

Secondly I don't think he had to "explain" every single play to him. He just told him to move here or there. Basically adjustments. I think the no huddle contributed to this because there are set plays for the starters. And Franky was pushed back on the depth chart so I have to give him some benefit of the doubt there. But overall I don't think the kid was lost out there on the field.
play2win
10 years ago
Jonathan Franklin played great, except for his fumble. That was bad.

I was impressed with his running. Great cutbacks. Great vision. Good speed. Needs some work on blitz pickup and ball security, but overall I was impressed.
Gaycandybacon
10 years ago

Jonathan Franklin played great, except for his fumble. That was bad.

I was impressed with his running. Great cutbacks. Great vision. Good speed. Needs some work on blitz pickup and ball security, but overall I was impressed.

Originally Posted by: play2win 

That fumble killed us. But I think it was a bad play call. Bad situation for a nifty guy like Franklin. Lacy? Starks? Yea give them the ball there. But expecting results from Franklin on an up the gut play with the defense loading up on it? Uh I think McCarthy f'ed up on that one.

His blitz pickup actually wasn't bad at all! I thought even though he was gonna be outsized pretty much on every blitz by their defense, he held his own! Much more improvement from the preseason. In all fashions today.
porky88
10 years ago
The evaluation of Franklin has been off by beat writers and the Packers, in my opinion. You can't properly evaluate Franklin because he didn't run well behind Green Bay's preseason offensive line. There's a reason why half those guys aren't on the team. I'm very happy that he received an opportunity against Cincinnati. I’m sorry it came at the expense of James Starks, but Franklin deserves to be apart of Green Bay’s weekly game plan.

He can’t fumble in that situation, though. Yes, I probably would’ve run outside instead of up the middle, but you have to protect the ball at all costs. That’s one downside in an otherwise promising performance.
play2win
10 years ago

That fumble killed us. But I think it was a bad play call. Bad situation for a nifty guy like Franklin. Lacy? Starks? Yea give them the ball there. But expecting results from Franklin on an up the gut play with the defense loading up on it? Uh I think McCarthy f'ed up on that one.

His blitz pickup actually wasn't bad at all! I thought even though he was gonna be outsized pretty much on every blitz by their defense, he held his own! Much more improvement from the preseason. In all fashions today.

Originally Posted by: Gaycandybacon 

Totally agree on the play call. Sneak and we win.
DakotaT
10 years ago

Totally agree on the play call. Sneak and we win.

Originally Posted by: play2win 

🇲🇲 has gotten this play wrong time and time and time again. When does he get called on the carpet for it. He keeps handing off on 4th and inches when the proper play is for the QB to dive under his center or guard. It is absolutely maddening to be so bad in very short situations with a game on the line.
UserPostedImage
Mucky Tundra
10 years ago
Well it's a good thing there's a bye next week otherwise he'd get injured like the rest of the teams backs the way things are going.
“Nah. I like having the island. It’s pretty cool...not too many visitors”
UserPostedImage
"I’ve got it." -Aaron Rodgers
Fan Shout
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

5h / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5h / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / bboystyle

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.