DarkaneRules
10 years ago
Green Bay Packers - News Notes & Media 

For those interested.

I have developed a desire to write about the Packers in a more ordered way just for fun and see how things go. I just started so I am getting more comfortable as time goes on.

I am not writing full articles yet but on this page you will see occasional intriguing and sometimes funny pictures from feeds, and my analysis and thoughts on Packer practices, news, and games.

I may plan to get into full articles in the future but I prefer the shorthand format much more at this time. We shall see.

Circular Arguments: They are a heck of an annoyance
yooperfan
10 years ago
Thanks for the contribution.
I liked it and bookmarked it.
Looking forward to more.
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
10 years ago
I like these mini summaries.

As to your comment on Harris. I like the kid. I wish him well. Then again I am a bit of a sucker for all these long shots to make the team and earn a decent paycheck. It is more than possible that he sticks over either Green or Starks. Harris has a few things going his way. He earns less. He would be grateful for any roll whatsoever and they are more likely to want to be in a more prominent roll. He may be able to make more contributions on ST.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
10 years ago
DarkaneRules, check my PM 🙂
UserPostedImage
texaspackerbacker
10 years ago
Good Job, Darkane. You had a lot of info there I hadn't read elsewhere. I had no idea we had all those hopefully short term nitpicky injuries to CBs.
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
DarkaneRules
10 years ago

I like these mini summaries.

As to your comment on Harris. I like the kid. I wish him well. Then again I am a bit of a sucker for all these long shots to make the team and earn a decent paycheck. It is more than possible that he sticks over either Green or Starks. Harris has a few things going his way. He earns less. He would be grateful for any roll whatsoever and they are more likely to want to be in a more prominent roll. He may be able to make more contributions on ST.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

Your proposal leads to some interesting pondering regarding contracts and salaries owed. This is NOT a strong suit of mine as I admit that I pay next to zero attention to that. 😰 haha

At the same time, my opinion is that availability and productivity will be the factors of primary focus this off-season for the running backs as they are simply loaded at the position. (Which reminds me that I have yet to hear Pease's name during training camp reports). Starks has gotten praised each practice for his production. Will this continue?

As the pre-season moves forward, you have to wonder will the available running backs right now remain healthy through those four games.

With 8 backfield players in total on our current roster, how many do you guys think we end up keeping? My head tells me 4, and if that ends up being true and all the backs continue to be productive including Harris when he returns, this will be a VERY hard cut down to make.
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
10 years ago
I think they will have 5 in the back field.

Lacy and Franklin are locks of course.

Starks or Green can be. One of them can also be traded if they find a buyer. I can not imagine getting more than a conditional 6th for one of them.

Harris as that utility player sitting at the bottom of the pecking order makes it. In part, if everyone else is injured he is better than having to go out on the street and find someone and teach them your system in 3-4 days.

Kuhn maybe. A month or so ago I said he is gone. If they have 5 backs he could slid in. Especially if one of the others is traded.

Pease is that Harris want to be. Most likely he could be tucked away on the PS. So they don't have to keep a slot open for him.

Amosa has the misfortune of being at a position that is not used very much any more. They don't hardly use 1 FB so why keep 2 on the roster unless they feel he can do Kuhn's job as well or almost as well. That means keeping them will save them some money.

My picks: Lacy, Franklin, Starks, (I read Green has more of a trade value.) Harris and Kuhn but only if they don't make a trade. I really want to say Amosa bumps Kuhn to become of of the new fan favorites but I don't think it is going to happen. This year.
UserPostedImage
texaspackerbacker
10 years ago

As the pre-season moves forward, you have to wonder will the available running backs right now remain healthy through those four games.

With 8 backfield players in total on our current roster, how many do you guys think we end up keeping? My head tells me 4, and if that ends up being true and all the backs continue to be productive including Harris when he returns, this will be a VERY hard cut down to make.

Originally Posted by: DarkaneRules 

Not everybody ever stashed on IR or PUP really should have been there. It could be used as a way to keep somebody like Harris for example in the good health scenario you mention.

Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
10 years ago

Not everybody ever stashed on IR or PUP really should have been there. It could be used as a way to keep somebody like Harris for example in the good health scenario you mention.

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker 

Only one player that has been thus designated can return from the IR. I like the baseball rule better.
PUP only works if they have not practiced at all during training camp.

I don't think Harris will qualify.

The intent of the NFL is to keep teams from loading up the IR with players for later in the season should an injury arise to one of their original 53.
UserPostedImage
DarkaneRules
10 years ago
Yeah and that is just me. I know everyone has different philosophies on that. If I am making a 53 man roster I would rather see depth at other positions and have 4 (3 RB/1 FB or 4 RB).

Putting players on reserve is a great tool so they don't count against the 53 in-season but I would hate to see that happen to a talented player and overall great guy like Harris if he ends up not making it through the pre-season.
Fan Shout
Martha Careful (43m) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (57m) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (1h) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (1h) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (2h) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / bboystyle

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / go.pack.go.

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.