Pack93z
15 years ago
Sorry boys and girls but I think it starts no where else but a severe lack of confidence in the oline that trickles into Mike McCarthy playcalling ( goes away from running the ball) and then results in the backs never getting into a groove.

Teams are now looking to stuff the run early knowing that we will abandon it for the short passing game. As soon as they see Mike McCarthy flip the script and go airborne. they have us one dimensional and thus can turn the dogs loose on the pass rush and sit on the short routes.

Combine that then with very limited plays called to pitch the ball vertical and bang.. you have an offense that sputters. Receivers dropping a number of passes, even popping them up in the air for the opposition isn't helping either.

But if I am MM.. I drop the hammer no further than the offensive line and the position coaches.. this is year three of inconsistent oline play.. I don't know about anyone else.. but I personally am tired of the "fundamentals" excuse up front.

If they are too unfocused or worse yet lazy to keep their pads down and play with leverage.. then it is time to start to dismiss players from their spots. That was the first game I was able to focus completely on the game this season.. but I have to tell you.. that offensive line, especially the interior looks just as raw as the 06' season.. that tells me that the coaches aren't getting the job done or we seriously lack talent inside.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Cheesey
15 years ago

You guys act like during Grant's runs he is thinking about his pay check or something... if you've ever participated in a sport you know that none of this is anywhere near your mind when your in the game.

"brnt247" wrote:

HE might not be thinking about it..........but I sure as heck am!!!!
If you get paid big bucks, it SHOULD show in your play.
Barry Sanders didn't always have great blocking, but the guy made something out of nothing more times then i can count.
Yes.....our run blocking SUCKS. That doesn't help. I'm NOT putting all the blame on Grant......but he IS getting the major pay to perform.

That said.....maybe it's time to can that whole "zone blocking" garbage. It hasn't worked since they first tried it here.
At least can it till we get blockers that can actually DO it. Go back to basics and get those down......THEN get fancy if you want to.
JMO
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
15 years ago
BTW.. Grant fought hard for yards in this game.. I didn't see him lay down and fold up like mentioned.

He did miss a cut back lane or two.. but I don't think it is because of a lack of effort.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
brnt247
15 years ago

You guys act like during Grant's runs he is thinking about his pay check or something... if you've ever participated in a sport you know that none of this is anywhere near your mind when your in the game.

"Cheesey" wrote:

HE might not be thinking about it..........but I sure as heck am!!!!
If you get paid big bucks, it SHOULD show in your play.
Barry Sanders didn't always have great blocking, but the guy made something out of nothing more times then i can count.
Yes.....our run blocking SUCKS. That doesn't help. I'm NOT putting all the blame on Grant......but he IS getting the major pay to perform.

That said.....maybe it's time to can that whole "zone blocking" garbage. It hasn't worked since they first tried it here.
At least can it till we get blockers that can actually DO it. Go back to basics and get those down......THEN get fancy if you want to.
JMO

"brnt247" wrote:

The point is that most of you are just football fans, and you should leave the economics of the franchise to the GM and front office, they know a lot more about it than any of you.
blank
TengoJuego
15 years ago

BTW.. Grant fought hard for yards in this game.. I didn't see him lay down and fold up like mentioned.

He did miss a cut back lane or two.. but I don't think it is because of a lack of effort.

"pack93z" wrote:

THANK YOU!

I saw Grant punch the defense so many times this game. The guy is fighting, its just not happening yet. WE WILL get better. But we need to run more. Not abandon it first time we get down a score.
Since69
15 years ago

The point is that most of you are just football fans, and you should leave the economics of the franchise to the GM and front office, they know a lot more about it than any of you.

"brnt247" wrote:

I may be just a fan, but I can tell when something's working and when it's not. I said months ago that caving to Grant was a bad idea. And right now, Grant certainly looks like a bad investment. That said, I have no doubt he would be more productive behind a better line. And pack93z is exactly right - the interior of our line looks every bit as bad as they did in '06.

But how long must we wait for the running game to come together? Last year it took 10 games. Grant's running hard, but he's smashing into the line and gaining one yard a carry because he's showing no vision or patience. It's as if he doesn't trust the line to open holes for him.
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
15 years ago
Ya know Since69.. that is the most frustrating thing watching a game like the last two for the Packers.. I don't get so upset of getting beat by great plays or even here and there mistakes that we make..

What is frustrating is seeing the same problem occur over and over.. then hearing that we need to clean it up.. the players get threatened with their spot, play well for a week or two and then fade right back into the same silly ass play. And it isn't like it is a hard things to remember to keep your leverage and play that way weekly.

I know they can do it... I have seen them play well at times against good fronts.. but for some fricken reason they won't play like that week in and out.. and that there is the very thing that would drive me classically insane.
yooperfan
15 years ago
Sack the whole ZBS chinese firedrill and put together a real offensive line that can blow the defense off the line like the Cowboys do.
A person would think that if this garbage was going to work it would have become apparent by now.
Stop, drop and roll should be used only if your clothing is on fire.
Timmons
15 years ago
Grant runs hard, without question. there were multiple plays where he was knocking LBs backwards.

He does, however, need to hang onto the freakin' ball. How many fumbles has he had this year?
blank
chibiabo
15 years ago
:physassult: Before you have a consistent running game you need consistent blocking up front and a damned sight fewer penalties. Fumbling is a category in an of itself and cannot be tolerated. Every good run begins with effective blocking and so far GB does not have that....
blank
Fan Shout
beast (5h) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (7h) : damn those vikings
beast (7h) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (7h) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (7h) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (7h) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (7h) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (14h) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (15h) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (15h) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
wpr (23-Apr) : Just about time to watch Sonny Weaver stick it to the seahags. I never get tired of it.
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : *game plan
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : IMHO, not even close. He is not a guy you game play around.
Mucky Tundra (23-Apr) : is Aiyuk worth a 1st rounder?
Zero2Cool (23-Apr) : 49ers are seeking a 1st round pick in exchange for WR Brandon Aiyuk
Mucky Tundra (22-Apr) : Based on Gutes comments, now I don't feel as silly having 13 picks in my mock the other day
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Zach Wilson to Broncos.
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Gutekunst says he'd love to have 13 or 14 picks. He's trading back huh lol
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

23h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.