MintBaconDrivel
10 years ago

Green Bay --- Chances are, the Green Bay Packers will be counting on Jarrett Boykin --- or another young wide receiver --- at some point this coming season.

JSOnline  wrote:

texaspackerbacker
10 years ago
I'll be happy if Bennett is right about Boykin. I had Boykin pegged as out with Ross, Charles Johnson, and Dorsey finishing ahead of him at wideout, but what do I know - I'm open to the idea that Boykin is as good as Bennett says.
Expressing the Good Normal Views of Good Normal Americans.
If Anything I Say Smacks of Extremism, Please Tell Me EXACTLY What.
nerdmann
10 years ago

I'll be happy if Bennett is right about Boykin. I had Boykin pegged as out with Ross, Charles Johnson, and Dorsey finishing ahead of him at wideout, but what do I know - I'm open to the idea that Boykin is as good as Bennett says.

Originally Posted by: texaspackerbacker 

May the best man win.
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
dhazer
10 years ago
c'mon guys I fell i love with Boykin the first time i saw his name and wanted the jersey right away. I would love to hear the crowd chanting "We want some Boykin" lol
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
go.pack.go.
10 years ago
I'm really rooting for this guy, with me being a Virginia Tech fan. I watched him in a lot of games in person, and he was always very impressive. Hope he gets a job!
UserPostedImage
beast
10 years ago

A while back, Rodgers made a comment which sounded like he was implying Boykins would be the #4 WR this coming year and it was a lock in his mind.

Boykins doesn't have a ton of speed but he's seems surprising good at bouncing in and out of his cuts with changin directions. And he seemed to have the best hands last year. Catching almost everything that came his way (and maybe he did... I don't remember a drop).

UserPostedImage
play2win
10 years ago
This is going to be a very competitive WR group this year. Big battles between Boykin, Ross, Johnson and Dorsey for roster spots. Yeah, may the best men win.
buckeyepackfan
10 years ago

This is going to be a very competitive WR group this year. Big battles between Boykin, Ross, Johnson and Dorsey for roster spots. Yeah, may the best men win.

Originally Posted by: play2win 

If healthy Boykin and Ross will be the #4 and #5.

Johnson and Dorsey will be PS players, Ted drafted them for just that reason, 2 young guys that can be stashed on the PS their 1st year, hoping they will develop enough to take the place of Nelson, Jones and Cobb when their contracts come up and Ted realizes he can't afford to sign them to a 2nd or 3rd contract.

There is going to be a revolving door at the WR position starting next year.
Just not enough money to go around.

!!! FIRE TED THOMPSON !!!!
I was addicted to The Hokey Pokey, but I turned myself around!
MintBaconDrivel
10 years ago

Jarrett Boykin has bounced back and forth between the practice squad and 53-man roster for some time. He did see limited action here and there last year, but never played a prominent role with the offense. After the departure of "that guy,' it would only make sense that each receiver take a proverbial step forward [...]

LombardiAve  wrote:

yooperfan
10 years ago
None of us have seen enough of Boykin to know how good he is, or can be.
Certainly we, as fans, would like to see him or someone else step up and be a very good receiver.
If Boykin who seems to have all the tools to be a good receiver, or some one else, does not step up and pan out to be a reliable, productive #4 receiver then the Packers depth at WR is certainly in question.
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

22h / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

23h / Packers Draft Threads / beast

23h / Packers Draft Threads / beast

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / bboystyle

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / go.pack.go.

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.