Zero2Cool
15 years ago
Source : LINK 

I wrote a blog back in July, about how the Jets should steer clear of Brett Favre. If you don't believe me your welcome to check back in my blogs and read it. Anyway, The point is this. This guy is undermining this team. And the worst thing is that it's not even his fault. Woody Johnson or Tannenbaum, or whoever wanted to win so bad that they grabbed the first star that became available. Poor Brett Favre who should have stayed retired, was sucked in, and now we see what happens when hasty decisions are on my beloved NY football team.

I said a few months ago that I don't see how you can take a QB like Pennington or Clemmons who have been in this offense for the past few years, and replace them with anyone and expect better results. Football is not like baseball or basketball, where a player can just change teams and be good to go in a month or two. Football is a balance of chemistry, and players knowledgeable in a system. Talent comes after knowledge, and desire to win. Brett Favre is/was talented. Chad Pennington had knowledge of the offense and the willpower to win games.

I think as the season goes on, Favre's level of climatizing to this offense, this city, will not change. Then this team will be stuck with the option of benching him for Kellen Clemmons, who've they've had all along, and giving GB a draft pick for what? If this trade had happened in the off season just after the season was over, I'm all for it. But 3 weeks before the season starts? That is insanity to believe you'd get a better product on the field with a 40 year old QB that doesn't know your offense.

The winner in all this? Not Brett Favre. Not the NY Jets. Definately not the fans. It's Chad Pennington. The guy who's been ridiculed by a bunch of idiots that don't know football, who will play in Miami with less expectations. I hope he extends his career, and makes the Pro Bowl while Favre crumbles. I hope Mangini, and owner Woody Johnson admit they made a mistake in trading away the real QB of NY at the end of this season.

Wow ... just ... wow.
UserPostedImage
zombieslayer
15 years ago
LOL!
Awesome. He's now looking like a jackass.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
Cheesey
15 years ago
Guess he's not a happy camper, huh?
But he makes some good points. And it looks like so far, it's not working out for the Jets.
I don't know.......but Favre didn't look exactly thrilled either. Maybe i'm wrong on that though.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
15 years ago

But he makes some good points. And it looks like so far, it's not working out for the Jets.
I don't know.......but Favre didn't look exactly thrilled either. Maybe i'm wrong on that though.

"Cheesey" wrote:

The attention I've paid on Favre's every word, press conference and what not some might say its obsession. I think it's helped me gauge him fairly decent. He doesn't have that 'look' in his eyes anymore. Looking at him now, its hollow. I don't know how to better explain it. Find a press conference from him last season and listen to it and watch it. Then find one from this year while with the Jets, after a win or loss. I'm sure you'll see what I'm talking about.
UserPostedImage
15 years ago
woah, a Chad Pennington fan. i had no idea those things were still around.
DGB454
15 years ago

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

The attention I've paid on Favre's every word, press conference and what not some might say its obsession. I think it's helped me gauge him fairly decent. He doesn't have that 'look' in his eyes anymore. Looking at him now, its hollow. I don't know how to better explain it. Find a press conference from him last season and listen to it and watch it. Then find one from this year while with the Jets, after a win or loss. I'm sure you'll see what I'm talking about.

"Cheesey" wrote:

I agree. I think he looks lost. He puts on a fake smile and says he is happy to be there playing football but you can tell he isn't sincere. He looks uncomfortable and lost. He is out of his element and is very unhappy about it. His element is Greenbay. GB is the place he has called home for most of his adult life. If you give him another year there he might start to feel more at home but I really doubt he will play another year. He will continue to play OK but there is no heart in his game. We all know that that's what drove Brett was his heart. That's something you can't fake. Without that he is just another decent QB. It's like that old song... "I left my heart in San Francisco." Except in this case he left his heart in GreenBay.
Greg C.
15 years ago

woah, a Chad Pennington fan. i had no idea those things were still around.

"arrowgargantuan" wrote:

My thoughts exactly.
blank
Heatherthepackgirl
15 years ago
I still think Brett has the desire to play and is happy playing! He has had many tough seasons in Green Bay as well, it does take time to mesh with your team mates and learn the system. If you noticed during the game, he was on the sidelines learning, looking at plays, this tells me he wants to mesh with this new team, he is working really hard. Now someone that didnt give a crap wouldnt be doing those things.

I thought he made alot of great throws last night, but he made some bad ones as well, but that is Brett Favre in a nutshell trying to make something happen, he has done this in Green Bay many times to. He has had a lot of poor seasons in Green Bay as well it happens.

This team didnt loose entirely because of Brett Favre last night, the Jets defense wasnt good in the 2nd and 3rd quarters, they got to Phillips maybe twice last night. It looked like some of Brett's throws were off because yes he didnt know the system well enough yet, and maybe it was the recievers as well not making plays. I did see a QB sneak from Brett that he hadnt done in so long, that was fun to see. Brett still has it IMO, it just will take sometime to mesh with his new team. Also they said that he is trying to get his new team excited, didnt you see him after the special teams ran in for a touchdown and Brett was out on the field patting everyone as they came off. This isnt someone that dont want to play for the Jets, this is someone that is still a little boy at heart and still wants to win and has the ability to still win.

Again it takes more then one person to win games, I have said this many times as well. But the sad part is they always put the full blame on the QB and if thats true then say it. But last night this team wasnt all together, they still have tons of work to do. I do believe down the road they will get better, I just hope its not he last game of the season. But if it is then so be it, Brett is where he wants to be and that is playing football. I still believe in this man because he is and always will be a great player. You cannot expect him to play for a team for three weeks and know everything, you do also have to have that chemistry between receivers and QB's this takes time, and I am sure when Brett went to the Jets he knew that, after all hes been playing for along time.

Also with Brett taking home the playbook and studying every night this also tells me hes still excited and wants to learn. To say that Favre doesnt have the talent anymore, that is totally false, he still has the talent to win games he just needs others to step up around him to make this happen. Just because one person is talented on a team, you cannot win games like this.

I for one am glad Brett came out of retirement, now would I rather see him in Green Bay? YES!! He knows the system, the players and if he were playing for Green Bay he would have had a great year, he could have relaxed a bit. But we all know the Packers moved on and Brett wanted to play, so now hes in New York studying and trying to pick up the play book as best as he can along the way. For someone that is 37 years old, thats impressive IMO, he still has that urge and desire to win.

GO BRETT AND GO JETS!! You can only get better. 🙂
Heathiee
Heatherthepackgirl
15 years ago

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

"Cheesey" wrote:

I dont agree with you Zero, sorry.. 😞 I see someone that let the ball go into the enzone hopefully for a touchdown as he is being sacked, the first thing Brett does is look towards the ball to see if his receiver caught it, he still has the desire.

At his press conference last week after the lose again the Patriots, Brett said yes, he would have loved to win this game, but he said I had FUN out there and by looking at him I could tell he did.

Do you actually think he would have came out of retirement, went through what he did with Green Bay, when that didnt work out he could have stayed retired, he knew he was going into another system with lots of learning but he wanted to play, so he did. I think during a game when he isnt winning of course hes NOT happy, no QB is when loosing to an opposing team he is disappointed, and knowing Favre he is putting all the blame on himself which he shouldnt do.

I think that spark is still there and he is having the time of his life but that is IMO. There are many games left to be played hopefully they can turn things around. And if they dont, Favre will have to make up his mind to weather he will play next season, but my guess is, he will play he cannot think that loosing two games now that it was "all" his fault.
Heathiee
Zero2Cool
15 years ago
I don't think ya read the whole post I made there Heather. Don't make me come over there!! :)

From just quickly reading your response and reading my post... your bias is strong and I understand why. As I've said before, I just ... seen too much of Brett to keep the blinders on in that faith.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
dfosterf (4h) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (4h) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (4h) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (23h) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

1-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

1-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

1-May / Packers Draft Threads / dfosterf

30-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

29-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

29-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Zero2Cool

29-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

28-Apr / Feedback, Suggestions and Issues / Zero2Cool

28-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

28-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.