Pack93z
  • Pack93z
  • Select Member Topic Starter
15 years ago
Nice little dialog from the Marley fan on the roster.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/09/10/ten-texts-with-atari-bigby/ 

TEN TEXTS WITH ATARI BIGBY
Posted by Mike Florio on September 10, 2008, 2:47 p.m. EDT

[Editors note: Packers safety Atari Bigby will be talking to us via text every week. Heres the transcript of the first conversation, which occurred a day after Bigby clinched the Week One win by intercepting a pass late in the game.]

Q: Lets get this out of the way right off the bat. Why didnt you hit the deck when you made the interception?

A: I kept telling myself go down go down but my legs just kept going.

Q: What were you thinking when you saw the ball heading your way?

A: This is my opportunity to end the game and be the hero.

Q: Did you expect Aaron Rodgers to play as well as he did?

A: Everyone did. He has been around. Hes not a rookie. He has great ability and is seasoned so there is no reason to expecting anything less of him.

Q: Did you spend a lot of time inside the box against the Vikings and Adrian Peterson?

A: Seems like the whole game it was either me or Nick Collins. Since he is so much of a cutback runner, you are almost forced to bring a safety down in the box on every play.

Q: Were you surprised they threw only seven passes in the first half?

A: No, not really. With the talent they have in the backfield and the QB being banged up running gave them their best chance to win,

Q: Do you think theres bad blood between the teams?

A: I wouldnt say bad blood but very competitive. They have a bulls-eye on us and they are the favorite to win the division.

Q: Are they the favorite or are the Packers?

A: They are the favorites coming in.

Q: Who are the favorites after Monday night?

A: I really dont know who the critics are going to pick.

Q: Bears?

A: They really performed well so they made a case for themselves.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
15 years ago
I loved this one.

Q: Lets get this out of the way right off the bat. Why didnt you hit the deck when you made the interception?

:thumbleft:
Someone on the defense should have tackled him. :icon_smile:
UserPostedImage
zombieslayer
15 years ago
I completely disagree. When a defender intercepts a pass, I almost always want to see him run it back. I'm sick of the conservative playing that I'm seeing in the NFL nowadays.

2 cases that I was upset with Mike McCarthy about:
1) first half - we had time for one more shot in the end zone. take it.
2) MN has either 1 or 0 time outs, don't remember. Go for a first down and finish them off. None of this wimpy conservative crap.

Go for the throat. Finish them off. Rub it in their faces. We should have won this game by more than five points. It's that attitude that kept the game close when it shouldn't have been a close game.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
IronMan
15 years ago

I completely disagree. When a defender intercepts a pass, I almost always want to see him run it back. I'm sick of the conservative playing that I'm seeing in the NFL nowadays.

2) MN has either 1 or 0 time outs, don't remember. Go for a first down and finish them off. None of this wimpy conservative crap.

Go for the throat. Finish them off. Rub it in their faces. We should have won this game by more than five points. It's that attitude that kept the game close when it shouldn't have been a close game.

"zombieslayer" wrote:

I agree with you regarding the end of the first half, and going for a first down at the end. But nothing good could have happened from trying to run that INT back. Take a knee and win the game.
Bigbyfan
15 years ago

I loved this one.

"wpr" wrote:

I would like to see you try and tackle that beast :)

Only Greg Jennings could have done that
blank
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
15 years ago

I loved this one.

"Bigbyfan" wrote:

"wpr" wrote:

I would like to see you try and tackle that beast :)

Only Greg Jennings could have done that

Tooo true but I 'll bet Kampman could tackle him if he could catch him. Maybe Hawk and Barnett could have cornered him for Kampy.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
15 years ago

"zombieslayer" wrote:

Z if Bigby could catch it and run it straight back I am in favor of it. If he is zig zaging around the field and giving ground trying to get to outside forget it. Take a knee and let's start getting ready for next week.
UserPostedImage
zombieslayer
15 years ago
In Bigby's defense, he was looking for an open lane. Keep in mind, you get one or two good blocks and you can take it to the house. You know how much fun that would be if you're a defensive player? It's not like you touch the ball 50+ times a year.

Also keep in mind that Woody has brought some to the house. So has Harris. There's nothing like sending a message to the opposing team by clinching a game with an INT return for a TD.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
TengoJuego
15 years ago
I would have loved to have seen someone tackle Bigby. I can understand wanting to score though. You rarely get those chances on D.
RaiderPride
15 years ago
Call me a sour puss!

But him not hitting the turf was not only stupid, but it was selfish. If I was the coach I would have fined him, or at least made it clear that if anyone does it again they will be fined.

It is not like he tried to find a lane and then slid like a QB, No... He took it beyond stupid. For what? Individual glory?

What would everyone be typing if he lost the ball at the tackle and the Vikes took it to the house?

It was stupid and selfish.
""People Will Probably Never Remember What You Said, And May Never Remember What You Did. However, People Will Always Remember How You Made Them Feel."
Fan Shout
dfosterf (8m) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (23m) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (11h) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (12h) : damn those vikings
beast (12h) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (13h) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (13h) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (13h) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (13h) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (19h) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (20h) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (20h) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
wpr (23-Apr) : Just about time to watch Sonny Weaver stick it to the seahags. I never get tired of it.
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : *game plan
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : IMHO, not even close. He is not a guy you game play around.
Mucky Tundra (23-Apr) : is Aiyuk worth a 1st rounder?
Zero2Cool (23-Apr) : 49ers are seeking a 1st round pick in exchange for WR Brandon Aiyuk
Mucky Tundra (22-Apr) : Based on Gutes comments, now I don't feel as silly having 13 picks in my mock the other day
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
53m / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

54m / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

27-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.