zombieslayer
11 years ago
Play - I'm sure 🇦🇷 loves the guy, but last time the Packers saw him, he failed a physical.

What is left of Cliffy? Hey, I love the guy too. He's a future Packers Hall of Famer fo shizzle, but 2012, does he have a working back? Working knees? We don't know this.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
play2win
11 years ago

Ahhh.. waiting for the first mention of our QB trying to play GM.. that was all the rage a couple years ago. [grin1]

Oh Snap. [aiee]

Originally Posted by: Pack93z 

It already happened last year with James Jones.

Snap. [grin1]

BTW, I saw ol' Cliffy lose a step too, and of course he would have to pass a physical. Who knows? Maybe he is in better shape than when he last played for us. If he is, I hope Ted signs him as a quality back-up LT.

I keep forgetting to qualify my way out comments...
Pack93z
11 years ago
Alright Foster... you want feedback. Here she goes.

First.. if we are talking about depth.. yeah, we are not deep and that is a concern more on the edges than in the interior. I think inside, we could survive a short term injury adequately and maybe even a long term. If Sherrod is close and can be ready post the PUP time, that balances out things greatly.. if he suffers any setbacks, that is when I could see the Packers adding depth, proven depth at the edges. Clifton would have to settle for a reasonable contract to be an answer, somehow I think with the risks (Health Risks) he has to take a reasonable contract might not make sense to him personally.

Now, the starting five, I think this is the best complete unit we have had to date under Ted. Lets break that down.

RT - Bulaga - My opinion a pro bowl quality right tackle in this league.. meaning any given year he would be worthy of selection. Obviously I think he has settled into that spot well and should have that solved for the balance of the decade.

RG - Sitton - Another guy that could turn in a Pro Bowl effort at any time, he has the talent to do so. Balanced blocker, seems like a glue type guy that may just be the leader of the unit.

C- Saturday - Smart player than isn't all that impressive but gets the job done week in and out. Reminds me of Frankie Winters.. not a physical specium but just seems to get it done year in and out. Should give the Packers at least this season to line up the replacement.. EDS might be that replacement long term. My opinion is that he will take over the line calls just fine and will not be a tremendous drop off from Wells.

LG - Lang - I think with another year of seasoning, I think this guy should become the best overall lineman on the team. Thought that when we drafted him, took longer than I thought to arrive, but I think he is on the doorstep.

RT - NewHouse - Ahhh, the turrible  left tackle. In reality, I think the guy played decently last season on the edge, considering that it really was the first year that he was able to focus on the position. He has the physical tools to do so, his slide has improved and his initial punch has been good from day one. He is not Chad Clifton in pass protection (Chad on natural turf that is), but what he gives up in pass protection he gains in run blocking. Chad simply wasn't a good run blocker... so I think Newhouse closes the gap in pass protection this season and gives us more week in and out in the run game. Net gain in my opion.

Although, I think EDS might have had his worst preseason to date for the preseason games, but to be fair, we are not afforded if all issues were his or "green" mates. Based on past performance and growth, he should provide solid depth inside.

Barclay is an unknown, but we had to cover the gap until we either know if Sherrod will be ready this season or not. Again, if Sherrod isn't going to be ready, we will see Ted and Company either get some veteran depth at the edge or add another option in case Barclay can't handle it.

So no, I don't think our line sucks.. actually the starting five might be the best of the Ted era. Depth, there I will say it is an unknown and very well might suck in a worst case scenario.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Pack93z
11 years ago

I keep forgetting to qualify my way out comments...

Originally Posted by: play2win 

Yes.. depends on the day and the mood of the board. Sometimes they frame them within your history of a poster.. and sometimes you will literally get called upon for the post itself.

ZS... just quelling the possible storm in advance. 🤔

"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Zero2Cool
11 years ago

Ahhh.. waiting for the first mention of our QB trying to play GM.. that was all the rage a couple years ago. [grin1]

Oh Snap. [aiee]

Aaron Rodgers was questioned about the possibility of Chad Clifton returning to the Packers. Your mention of a QB trying to play GM should be the only, because nothing Rodgers said indicates as such.

I don’t know if that’s going to happen, ’Cliffy’ had a tryout with the Patriots; he has some interest from another team that’s really thinking about bring him in as early as today or tomorrow, from what I am hearing. If that doesn’t happen I think (the Packers) are going to have to consider a guy like that. Whether or not you act on it, he has to be in the consideration. He has a history and knows the offense and always has been an exceptional pass blocker.

Aaron Rodgers wrote:

UserPostedImage
Pack93z
11 years ago

Aaron Rodgers was questioned about the possibility of Chad Clifton returning to the Packers. Your mention of a QB trying to play GM should be the only, because nothing Rodgers said indicates as such.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

It is a freaking joke.. settle. ;)

Yes.. a UserPostedImage type of joke no less.
play2win
11 years ago

Alright Foster... you want feedback. Here she goes.

First.. if we are talking about depth.. yeah, we are not deep and that is a concern more on the edges than in the interior. I think inside, we could survive a short term injury adequately and maybe even a long term. If Sherrod is close and can be ready post the PUP time, that balances out things greatly.. if he suffers any setbacks, that is when I could see the Packers adding depth, proven depth at the edges. Clifton would have to settle for a reasonable contract to be an answer, somehow I think with the risks he has to take a reasonable contract might not make sense to him personally.

Now, the starting five, I think this is the best complete unit we have had to date. Lets break that down.

RT - Bulaga - My opinion a pro bowl quality right tackle in this league.. meaning any given year he would be worthy of selection. Obviously I think he has settled into that spot well and should have that solved for the balance of the decade.

RG - Sitton - Another guy that could turn in a Pro Bowl effort at any time, he has the talent to do so. Balanced blocker, seems like a glue type guy that may just be the leader of the unit.

C- Saturday - Smart player than isn't all that impressive but gets the job done week in and out. Reminds me of Frankie Winters.. not a physical specium but just seems to get it done year in and out. Should give the Packers at least this season to line up the replacement.. EDS might be that replacement long term. My opinion is that he will take over the line calls just fine and will not be a tremendous drop off from Wells.

LG - Lang - I think with another year of seasoning, I think this guy should become the best overall lineman on the team. Thought that when we drafted him, took longer than I thought to arrive, but I think he is on the doorstep.

RT - NewHouse - Ahhh, the turrible  left tackle. In reality, I think the guy played decently last season on the edge, considering that it really was the first year that he was able to focus on the position. He has the physical tools to do so, his slide has improved and his initial punch has been good from day one. He is not Chad Clifton in pass protection (Chad on natural turf that is), but what he gives up in pass protection he gains in run blocking. Chad simply wasn't a good run blocker... so I think Newhouse closes the gap in pass protection this season and gives us more week in and out in the run game. Net gain in my opion.

Although, I think EDS might have had his worst preseason to date for the preseason games, but to be fair, we are not afforded if all issues were his or "green" mates. Based on past performance and growth, he should provide solid depth inside.

Barclay is an unknown, but we had to cover the gap until we either know if Sherrod will be ready this season or not. Again, if Sherrod isn't going to be ready, we will see Ted and Company either get some veteran depth at the edge or add another option in case Barclay can't handle it.

So no, I don't think our line sucks.. actually the starting five might be the best of the Ted era. Depth, there I will say it is an unknown and very well might suck in a worst case scenario.

I totally agree on Newhouse. To me, the guy has played very well, and should only improve.

And I hate the title of this thread, as I don't agree with the notion at all.
zombieslayer
11 years ago

I totally agree on Newhouse. To me, the guy has played very well, and should only improve.

And I hate the title of this thread, as I don't agree with the notion at all.

Originally Posted by: play2win 

Well, he was absolutely correct 2 years ago.

The 2012 complaint is "Our OL needs depth, badly!"
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
play2win
11 years ago
It is sounding like they are taking a more out-of-the-box approach to OL depth, trusting players to the PS as opposed to dedicating more to the 53. It is high stakes poker to me. I don't care for this approach, but I can see what they are doing and I hope it works. I mean, come on... we NEED all those RBs. Clearly, we don't need to give Raji a break. That allows us to keep all those TEs...

Yeah, high stakes poker with OL depth - on that I can agree. But, McCarthy said they only keep 7 on the 46, so I guess it can work. I do think their starting 5 on the OL is good.
Zero2Cool
11 years ago

Well, he was absolutely correct 2 years ago.

The 2012 complaint is "Our OL needs depth, badly!"

Originally Posted by: zombieslayer 

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
3h / Packers Draft Threads / beast

6h / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

6h / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / go.pack.go.

2-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

2-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

1-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

1-May / Packers Draft Threads / dfosterf

30-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

29-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

29-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Zero2Cool

29-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

28-Apr / Feedback, Suggestions and Issues / Zero2Cool

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.