porky88
11 years ago
I understand the coaches said there was no clear frontrunner, but coaches always have an ulterior motive. The last thing they want is anyone getting complacent. That's why we have coach talk.

The competition was about two weeks in and House was leading the pack. Doesn't mean he was a lock to start, but it doesn't diminish the potential he had. Two straight weeks of solid practices is more than what Jarrett Bush, Casey Heyward, and Sam Shields have had, though the latter barely practiced during that time.

With this said, the defense’s improvement doesn’t hinge solely on House. There are plenty of players (Heyward specifically) that have the ability to step up and play quality football. This is going to be a group effort with all three phases of the defense involved.
yooperfan
11 years ago
If he is injured sit him out till he can return 100%.
Being limited by a harness doesn't seem worth it IMHO.
Zero2Cool
11 years ago

It won't be 100% from what I've read, but it could improve. The harness is adjustable.

As for how good he was, go back and look at that first preseason game. He was really coming on this year. Al Harris 2.0.

Originally Posted by: nerdmann 

Al Harris had dreads.
Al Harris wore #31.
Davon House has dreads.
Davon House wears #31.

Now it makes sense.

The harness restricts his range of motion, which is not good for a cornerback who's learning how to play in the NFL. I hope he recovers fast and gets back to being 100% soon so we can see him tap his potential!
UserPostedImage
PackerTraxx
11 years ago
From the little exposure House had, he was a clear #3 IMO. Who knows what would have happened in 2-3 weeks following his injury, he or someone else could have stagnated or made huge improvements. Since we have to deal with what the situation is, I agree with those who would like to see the team let him heal 100%. Shoulders are just so problematic. When UW brought Boland back too soon he eneded up out for the year. I don't know if he can heal 100% in 2-3 months, but if he can that's what I would do, so we could have him for the late season push and the playoffs. Another thought, if he hurts it later in the year and needs surgery would he be 100% for next year? Earlier comments by Tramon indicated he wasn't 100% yet.
Why is Jerry Kramer not in the Hall of Fame?
doddpower
11 years ago

From the little exposure House had, he was a clear #3 IMO. Who knows what would have happened in 2-3 weeks following his injury, he or someone else could have stagnated or made huge improvements. Since we have to deal with what the situation is, I agree with those who would like to see the team let him heal 100%. Shoulders are just so problematic. When UW brought Boland back too soon he eneded up out for the year. I don't know if he can heal 100% in 2-3 months, but if he can that's what I would do, so we could have him for the late season push and the playoffs. Another thought, if he hurts it later in the year and needs surgery would he be 100% for next year? Earlier comments by Tramon indicated he wasn't 100% yet.

Originally Posted by: PackerTraxx 

Yeah, that's a good question. Has anyone read anything on exactly how long it takes such an injury to completely heal?
11 years ago

There hasn't been a clear front runner for the cornerback position all training camp. Nothing of the sort was mentioned until after he was injured by hyperbolic fans and wannabe journalists.

That's not to say he will NEVER be good and perhaps that's what folks are saying ... that he has the most potential of the cornerbacks. When it comes to what he's shown thus far, no, he was not the clear front runner. None of them were nor have been.

We all seen what a bum shoulder did to Tramon Williams... Davon House should shut it down til healthy. He's young and needs to learn things the right way. Wearing a harness will hamper that progress and he'll be less of a corner for it.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

House was injured by fans and journalists? Goddammit, how did the Packers organization allow this to happen! 🤦

I agree with Twinkiegorilla.

bozz_2006 wrote:

Zero2Cool
11 years ago

House was injured by fans and journalists? Goddammit, how did the Packers organization allow this to happen! #-o

Originally Posted by: TwinkieGorilla 

Rather than removing comments from context, perhaps read the entire comment to understand what is being said, k thanks. 🤥 =d>
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
11 years ago
If I had a say in it.. it would be to shut him down until it is recovered.

Our style of defense, for good or for bad, is a pressing type nature post snap. Having a bad wing and favoring the release to that side is counterproductive to the design of the defense.

The NFLPA's reluctance to allow the partial IR rules has now affected two players on the roster that may have opted for that option and been allowed to still play the season after they recovered. Although the rule would have only allowed one player.. both House and Bishop may have been considered for the spot.

Now.. we have one player that probably will miss the year in Bishop whom may have had a possible chance of coming back.

And House.. whom probably will try to play injured in place of shutting it down and getting healthy and allowing another player to claim a roster spot for a good part of the season. Now.. he will be tempted because he has a spot tied down on the roster to play hurt and further injury his body.

Seems counter intuitive for the sake of the players.. but the NFL also has some fault in this for tying other changes to this rule.

So glad that the collusion tactics of the NFL hasn't spilled over in the operating relationship of the NFL and NFLPA. But we got a 10 year labor deal done so who cares right. [palm] [sarcasm]

If they really cared about the players.. and that was the first motive of both parties.. common sense would prevail. More proof that $$$ is the primary function of both groups.. the NFL and the NFLPA.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
play2win
11 years ago

If I had a say in it.. it would be to shut him down until it is recovered.

Our style of defense, for good or for bad, is a pressing type nature post snap. Having a bad wing and favoring the release to that side is counterproductive to the design of the defense.

The NFLPA's reluctance to allow the partial IR rules has now affected two players on the roster that may have opted for that option and been allowed to still play the season after they recovered. Although the rule would have only allowed one player.. both House and Bishop may have been considered for the spot.

Now.. we have one player that probably will miss the year in Bishop whom may have had a possible chance of coming back.

And House.. whom probably will try to play injured in place of shutting it down and getting healthy and allowing another player to claim a roster spot for a good part of the season. Now.. he will be tempted because he has a spot tied down on the roster to play hurt and further injury his body.

Seems counter intuitive for the sake of the players.. but the NFL also has some fault in this for tying other changes to this rule.

So glad that the collusion tactics of the NFL hasn't spilled over in the operating relationship of the NFL and NFLPA. But we got a 10 year labor deal done so who cares right. [palm] [sarcasm]

If they really cared about the players.. and that was the first motive of both parties.. common sense would prevail. More proof that $$$ is the primary function of both groups.. the NFL and the NFLPA.

Originally Posted by: Pack93z 

Yeah, in the final roster thread I kept House on the 53, but man, that is a really close call. He doesn't qualify for PUP, and I'm not sure keeping him with the harness is the best thing for the team. Maybe they pick up a healthier option on waivers or through a trade of Borel.

Shutting House down until recovered may mean IR. That would be really disappointing, but it may be necessary. I had really high hopes for him this season.
Zero2Cool
11 years ago
Great, even Mike McCarthy is buying into the media driven Davon House hype!!!!

He was having such a strong training camp, so he's getting more and more comfortable being out there, going through some of the drills. We tried to do a little more with him today because he was in pads. Hopefully, he keeps progressing.

Mike McCarthy wrote:

UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / go.pack.go.

2-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

2-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

1-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

1-May / Packers Draft Threads / dfosterf

30-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

29-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

29-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Zero2Cool

29-Apr / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

28-Apr / Feedback, Suggestions and Issues / Zero2Cool

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.