flep
12 years ago

I see another 4 years of the Dictator you know as Obama,if he makes the full 4 years he will have control over this whole country and we will lose majority of our rights.

We lost our freedom of speech around politicians now, and Obama will go after the guns trust me. It won't be the guns them selves but he will make the cost of the ammo so high us normal people won't be able to afford it. He will also find another war to start and cost the country another billion dollars. Oh and in case you forgot he already has control of the internet with his kill switch (a switch he can hit that will shut down all internet services in the US.

I for one will vote for the american even if means a write in vote.

I'm with Zero on this and as much as I hate to say it the South will rise again :)

Originally Posted by: dhazer 

As an outsider (British) I really don't see your problem with this.

The more expensive the bullets the less dickheads who carry out the shootings who can afford them = less shootings = simple maths (Or math as you call it)

I still don't get the American obsession with gun ownership and never will.

Formed Merseyside Nighthawks. British Champions 1992. Packer fan for 32 years
UserPostedImage

I feel very wrong now!!!!!!!!!
flep
12 years ago
And do you really think Obama could switch off the internet at the flick of a switch.?????????

Really?????????????

You believe that shit??????????

So effectively every business site shut down???

every communication between businesses shut down????

All communications on PC in the white House shut down?

Just where do you get crap like that from.

Oh don't tell me some far right Republican web-site that never lets the truth get in the way of a good story.

It's scaremongering bullshit with no substance and people fall for it..........
UserPostedImage

Zero2Cool
12 years ago

Originally Posted by: flep 

It's easier than learning how to defend yourself without a firearm, especially when you have the little punk thugs rolling around the streets with them. It's also a way to overcompensate.

UserPostedImage
DakotaT
12 years ago

And do you really think Obama could switch off the internet at the flick of a switch.?????????

Really?????????????

You believe that shit??????????

So effectively every business site shut down???

every communication between businesses shut down????

All communications on PC in the white House shut down?

Just where do you get crap like that from.

Oh don't tell me some far right Republican web-site that never lets the truth get in the way of a good story.

It's scaremongering bullshit with no substance and people fall for it..........

Flep you'll have to forgive my right wing friends for they know not what they speak of. They are all junkies of the Fox Network and soak up every word as gospel from the right wing propaganda machine. The Fox Network has an inverse called MSNBC and together they have successfully divided our country.

As far as the firearms thing, I might go through a box of shells every year and most of the box is for target practice at the rifle range. A well armed civilian population is difficult to overcome, but a man harboring a small militia arsenal is a jackass.
UserPostedImage
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
12 years ago
Sigh.

flep, you do remember that the reason we have a Second Amendment, is that the British proved to our founders that government cannot be trusted without a well-armed populace to keep them in line?

I don't carry. I believe the only people who should go armed should be those who can be trusted to shoot straight and safely, and I fail on the first count.

I don't own a gun anymore. I got rid of my hunting rifle shortly after I moved to Iowa and realized that shooting a 30/30 in a flat state was a pretty bad idea, and that my primary reason for shooting it in the first place (white-tail deer) was illegal in Iowa.

But the only reason I don't take a course in gun safety (apart from not knowing where to go for it here), and the only reason I don't go out and buy a couple guns (like a nice Colt 1911 and a 12-gauge Remington pump, or perhaps even a modernizedAR-15 derivative), is that I think it's too late. My paranoid ass says that anyone buying a gun now is going to be at the top of the "list" when the statists in Washington, Des Moines, etc. get going. And as a self-described anarchist, I'm probably already on a number of lists.

I have very little confidence in my ability to stay out of the hands of the man, and less in my neighbors, colleagues, friends, and strangers, to help me do so.

I'm not a fan of FoxNews (other than for the propensity of some of its female "news personalities" to wear short skirts). With the exception of a couple of its commentators -- Charles Krauthammer, maybe Brit Hume -- I consider it as worthless as CSNBC, CNN, CBS, ABC, NBC, The NIghtly Business Report, National Public Radio, Bloomberg, and all the rest.

Obama and Romney are not the enemy. The reason America is doomed is that we have apparently become incapable of electing people any better.

Politicians are, to paraphrase P. J. O'Rourke again, are inevitably going to be prostitutes. The problem is that instead of seeking out $5,000/night call girls, Americans have become content to settle for twenty-buck crack addict whores with syphilis and herpes, and then dress them up in Calvin Klein gowns and offer them magnums of Dom Perignon.
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
Cheesey
12 years ago

As an outsider (British) I really don't see your problem with this.

The more expensive the bullets the less dickheads who carry out the shootings who can afford them = less shootings = simple maths (Or math as you call it)

Here's the problem with your thought process.
The GOOD GUYS wouldn't be able to afford bullets, as they are the ones that obey the laws.
It's the BAD GUYS you have to worry about. You see, THEY have been carrying guns ALL ALONG, and always will. The black market, and stealing will always happen. The bad guys always have ways around the laws.
I have owned a gun since i was 16. I have NEVER used any of my guns to commit a crime. So i should be priced out of ownership and one of the freedoms my ancestors fought and died for?
Allowing people to legally carry a weapon to protect themselves is NOT what you should worry about. As i said, THEY are the GOOD guys.
Bad guys will always have weapons....you just don't know it, and that false sense of security may some day be your downfall.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
12 years ago
Poles are put out by the "media" to influence voters. Those that haven't paid attention to what has gone on in the White House for the last 4 years want to be on the "winning side" and so they vote for Obama so that they can say they "won".

It's like the paper "The Shepard". It leans so far to the left it's unreal.
I looked through one the other day. It had cartoons blasting Romney for being "rich". Please tell me.....is Obama POOR????

Yet those that don't know fall for it hook line and sinker.
"Blast the rich guy! If he gets in, we're all doomed".
"We need another 4 years of POOR Obama to lead us!"

Yeah....POOR.

Oh....and they give that "paper" away for free.
(I guess they know no one will pay for that garbage)
JMO of course.
UserPostedImage
flep
12 years ago
thanks for the replies . very thought provoking, with arguments for both sides eloquently put. now if only we can get our politicians to behave in the same way . i won't be holding my breath on that one.
UserPostedImage

Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
12 years ago

thanks for the replies . very thought provoking, with arguments for both sides eloquently put. now if only we can get our politicians to behave in the same way . i won't be holding my breath on that one.

On that, I agree 100%.

And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
dhazer
12 years ago
Flep, Like Cheesey stated the government makes these laws and the only ones it hurts are the law abiding citizens, Cheesey said my exact thoughts. The bad guys will always have the bullets and guns because guess what, they don't care about the law. I have a permit to carry my guns, but the only time I will actually carry in my car is when I head to places like Philly or Pittsburgh.

As far as the internet, this happened like 2 years ago I believe and we had a thread about it on here if I remember correctly. I remember the big sites like Yahoo and google were fighting it but there was nothing they could do. The switch is for if there is another terrorist attack Obama can kill the internet so the terrorists can't communicate with it. If you don't think the government can do this look at some the the sites we bought jerseys from. I had 2 of them shut down by homeland security. WTF does a jersey site have to do with security but they shut it down.

Obama wants to be a dictator and at the present rate he will become it. We need a revolution. In this country the rich get richer and the poor get poorer.

Here you go Flep a good read on the kill switch, this is from early 2011.

During the recent revolution in Egypt, the government disabled Internet access throughout the country with the flip of a switch. Could the same thing happen in America? Practically, because the structure of the Internet in the United States is more complex and decentralized than in Egypt, it cannot be shut down as easily. However, several bills have been proposed that could give the government broad power to take over the Internet communications of any public or private entity it deems necessary.

read full story here 
Just Imagine this for the next 6-9 years. What a ride it will be 🙂 (PS, Zero should charge for this)
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

11-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.