wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
12 years ago

Uncle Teddy called you at work? That is cool. : )

Originally Posted by: RaiderPride 

naw we're buds. he can call me anytime not just at work.
UserPostedImage
vikesrule
12 years ago

Hayward has short arms,speed and physicality are just adequate. Has man-cover limitations.
Plays upright, shows wasted movement in transition and gives up separation on non-vertical routes.
Stressed by sudden receivers. Gets caught peeking in the backfield and bites on double moves.
Average recovery burst and catch-up speed. Soft in run support — plays small, struggles to break down and is a weak, low tackler.

wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
12 years ago

Originally Posted by: vikesrule 

sniff, sob, whimper. [aiee]
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
12 years ago

A look at former Vanderbilt cornerback Jerel Worthy, whom the Green Bay Packers selected No. 62 overall Friday with the last of their two second-round picks in the NFL draft.

Position: Cornerback.

Height, weight: 5-foot-113/8, 192 pounds.

Highlights: Appeared in 50 games for the Commodores, starting his last 37 contests. Named second-team all-SEC as a senior after finishing third in the NCAA with seven interceptions. Ranked first in college football in allowing opponents to complete just 19.5 percent of passes thrown his way. Also recorded 62 tackles, 7½ tackles for a loss and led the Commodores with 17 passes defensed while giving up 1.39 passing yards per target. Was a semifinalist for the Jim Thorpe Award, given to the nation’s top defensive back and was named to the Nagurski Award Watch List, an honor given to the nation’s top defensive player. Considered the top “rising star” among 2012 NFL draft-eligible cornerbacks by NFLDraftScout.com. Had 31 touchdown-saving tackles during his career. In 2009, Hayward became the first cornerback in Vanderbilt to history to lead the team in tackles for loss with 8½. Recorded a pair of interceptions in Vanderbilt’s 31-24 loss to Cincinnati in the AutoZone Liberty Bowl. Led all active players and finished 11th all-time with 47 passes defensed in his college career. Also received interest from Tennessee, Dallas, Atlanta and Minnesota leading up to the draft. Appeared in all 13 games as a true freshman, totaling eight tackles and registering one third-down stop as a reserve nickel back. Ran a 4.47 40-yard dash while posting a 34-inch vertical jump and bench-pressing 225 pounds 19 times at the NFL combine.

Strengths: Good size. Quick feet and flexible hip swivel. Keen eyes, instincts and anticipation. Is aware in zone and maintains field leverage. Excellent ball skills and production. Track throws, competes in the air and has hands to intercept. Very good closing burst. Bested all combine CB participants with time of 3.90 in short shuttle. Has special-teams experience as a jammer. Energetic, smart and durable.

Weaknesses: Short arms. Speed and physicality are just adequate. Has some man-cover limitations — plays upright, shows some wasted movement in transition and gives up separation on nonvertical routes. Stressed by sudden receivers. Gets caught peeking in the backfield and bites on double moves. Average recovery burst and catch-up speed. Soft in run support — plays small, struggles to break down and is a weak, low tackler.

Noteworthy: Played quarterback, defensive back and returned kicks while also competing in basketball and track and field in high school. Threw for 1,300 yards and 18 touchdowns and added 1,284 rushing yards and 18 touchdowns on the ground as a senior at Perry High School in Georgia. Named the Houston County Athlete of the Year by Rivals.com as a senior. Excelled as a sprinter and a triple jumper for Perry’s track and field team. Majored in sociology at the Vanderbilt College of Arts and Science.

— Quinn Cretton, qcretton@ greenbaypressgazette.com

— Strengths and weaknesses according to Pro Football Weekly
Quotable

“Casey Hayward is a very bright guy. A classy kid. He’s a captain, he has good football instincts and great production. I think he’s a guy that will be able to handle moving around. We are very excited about getting the opportunity to get these guys in here and start working with them.”

— Dom Capers, Packers defensive coordinator

“I think I’m going to bring a lot of instincts and a lot of playmaking ability to the team and I feel like Green Bay also has that with Charles Woodson and Tramon Williams. I just want to get behind those guys and learn from them and see how they interact with each other and see if we can repeat that.”

— Casey Hayward, Packers second-round pick

http://host.madison.com/sports/football/professional/packers-casey-hayward-at-a-glance/article_0f2b864a-90ea-11e1-bc15-001a4bcf887a.html#ixzz1tLDGv7lu 

UserPostedImage
play2win
12 years ago
#vikesruletheiremptytrophycase

Now, onto our pick of Casey Heyward. Many have said he makes a great nickel back. Good. Putting him there over Jarrett Bush ought to be an incredible improvement for our D this season. As far as S goes, I recognize there is a need, but have been thinking it may not be as great as many may think.

Zero pass rush, which is what we had last year, will make any secondary, the very best secondary you can put out there, look like dog shit. While the loss of arguably the #1 SS in the NFL in Collins was a huge blow to us, we had other players back there to take up the slack in 2011. Our biggest problem last season was we had NO ONE on the right side of our front 7. WE WERE #5 in total D just a season prior (2010), and won the SB.

It is amazing to me how the loss of Cullen Jenkins, and his positive rush from the right side of our DL affected our -entire- defense for the worse.

In 2010, our top 5 defense in the NFL had these players ranked in INTs:

# 5 Tramon Williams with 6

#19 Nick Collins with 4

#30 AJ Hawk with 3

#58 Charlie Peprah with 2

#58 Sam Shields with 2

#58 Charles Woodson with 2

* As a team, we ranked #2 overall in INTs in 2010 with 24.
* As a team, we ranked #2 overall in SACKS in 2010 with 47.
* As a team, we ranked #5 overall in Yds/G in 2010 with 309.1
* As a team, we ranked #5 overall in passing Yds/G in 2010 with 194.2

Let's look at 2011 a little closer.

* As a team, we ranked #1 overall in INTs in 2011 with 31.
* As a team, we ranked #27 overall in SACKS in 2011 with 29.
* As a team, we ranked #32 overall in Yds/G in 2011 with a whopping 411.6 - DEAD LAST!
* As a team, we ranked #32 overall in passing Yds/G in 2011 with 299.8 - DEAD LAST!

It is my guess that now that we appear to have solidified our front 7, our numbers should return to the levels of 2010 on defense, and may, in fact, exceed those. I believe we will be fine with the Safeties we have, and we may still add another decent player to develop in this draft. I'll definitely miss Collins, but I think our current players in Burnett, Jennings, Peprah and Levine should prove serviceable at the very least, and we may have one of those players surprise us. I do know that pass rush should make them all look a lot better. Either Peprah or Jennings or Levine should be able to get 4 picks this year (like Collins had in 2010 regular season) from the SS position, and maybe surpass that, while protecting the back half of the field.

Bush might be better served floating back to S.

Adding a player like Hayward to our secondary will be a big help as well. Speed/Size. Instincts. Hitter. Tackler. Ball hawk. Leader. wow. Nice addition.
macbob
12 years ago

Well, I've said our first two picks would be OLB and DL for sure (in either order). I said our next 2 picks will be DB and OL. So I guess that means 🇹🇹 picks OL next.

Hope this guy turns out to be good. 🙏
I'm reading mixed reviews in the press. Some say we upped the Patriots and some say he's a 3rd round talent. So I guess we'll see...

Originally Posted by: zombieslayer 

I'm not a big fan of Prisco's grades, but for what it's worth here's what he had to say:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/story/18862737 

No. 62: Packers select: Casey Hayward, CB, Vanderbilt

Grade B+

Wow. What a draft for the Packers. There were some scouts who thought this kid had first-round ability. Thompson nails another one.

Prisco's Grades wrote:

UserPostedImage
PackerTraxx
12 years ago
Again I like this pick if only because Ted Thompson thought enough of him to take him by moving up. As far as Woodson, I think he becomes more dangerous again. If we get more pressure and better pass coverage Capers can move him around more freely. Then Woodson can jump routes and blitz more often.
Why is Jerry Kramer not in the Hall of Fame?
12 years ago

MY TEAM HAS NO RINGS

Originally Posted by: vikesrule 

Cool story, bro.

I agree with Twinkiegorilla.

bozz_2006 wrote:

play2win
12 years ago

Cool story, bro.

Originally Posted by: TwinkieGorilla 

[roflmao] Awesomeness.
Zero2Cool
12 years ago
He'll wear jersey number 29.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
beast (2h) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (3h) : damn those vikings
beast (3h) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (3h) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (3h) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (3h) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (3h) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (10h) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (11h) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (11h) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
wpr (23-Apr) : Just about time to watch Sonny Weaver stick it to the seahags. I never get tired of it.
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : *game plan
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : IMHO, not even close. He is not a guy you game play around.
Mucky Tundra (23-Apr) : is Aiyuk worth a 1st rounder?
Zero2Cool (23-Apr) : 49ers are seeking a 1st round pick in exchange for WR Brandon Aiyuk
Mucky Tundra (22-Apr) : Based on Gutes comments, now I don't feel as silly having 13 picks in my mock the other day
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Zach Wilson to Broncos.
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Gutekunst says he'd love to have 13 or 14 picks. He's trading back huh lol
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1m / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

13m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

14m / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

23m / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

32m / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

39m / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

42m / Green Bay Packers Talk / earthquake

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

11h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Nonstopdrivel

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

20h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

27-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.