dingus
12 years ago
Saw it mentioned in here that his nose was busted and he had cuts on the back of his head. You be the judge. From the night of the shooting:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/video/george-zimmerman-police-surveillance-16024475?tab=9482931§ion=1206839&playlist=9660543 

And he was not affiliated with any legitimate neighborhood watch, he was said to be "self appointed"
blank
Formo
12 years ago

Saw it mentioned in here that his nose was busted and he had cuts on the back of his head. You be the judge. From the night of the shooting:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/video/george-zimmerman-police-surveillance-16024475?tab=9482931§ion=1206839&playlist=9660543 

And he was not affiliated with any legitimate neighborhood watch, he was said to be "self appointed"

Originally Posted by: dingus 

Yeah, I saw that. Which brings up a few questions:

1) Why have the police/media reported there was a beat down with grass stains on his back, bloodied nose and a laceration on the back of his head?
2) Even with the clean up job paramedics did on the scene, I still didn't see any cut on the back of his shaved head. What gives?
3) It does not look like the 250 pound man that has been claimed. More inconsistencies?
4) Is that video even of Zimmerman? Right now I'll believe it is, but seeing how the media seems to be bringing more questions to the case than clarity, I wouldn't be surprised to find that it wasn't George.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Zero2Cool
12 years ago

I disagree. He doesn't lose is right to claim self-defense. What if he just asked the kid "Hey, what are you doing out here?" and gets popped in the nose and attacked (remember the evidence)? I'm not saying that happened, I'm saying the line you draw isn't sufficient.

Originally Posted by: Formo 

What evidence is there of being punched in the nose and attacked? I trusted your word, and now some video shows the adult allegedly with no cuts or anything? I thought I was confused before. What gives? I think this one should be easily proven since the adult allegedly went to the hospital to get treated for a broken nose the following day.
UserPostedImage
Porforis
12 years ago

What evidence is there of being punched in the nose and attacked? I trusted your word, and now some video shows the adult allegedly with no cuts or anything? I thought I was confused before. What gives? I think this one should be easily proven since the adult allegedly went to the hospital to get treated for a broken nose the following day.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Unless this was officially released by the police (Which I highly, highly doubt), what evidence is there that this video was taken the night of the shooting? I see no timestamp on the video, in fact the bottom portion of the video appears to be cut off (unless their security cameras record at a widescreen resolution which I've never seen before). Without a timestamp on the video we're trusting whoever released this video, who has an agenda. It doesn't mean this video isn't legit, it just means that I'm much more likely to be skeptical.

I'm not saying it's not taken the night of the shooting, if so, and unless the police come out and say that they cleaned him up good and that he did in fact have a broken nose (which they would never do, an investigation is active), this seems to cast serious doubt on his story.
Zero2Cool
12 years ago
So many if this and but that's ... the world should just be under 24/7 video/audio surveillance. Who needs privacy!!
UserPostedImage
Formo
12 years ago

What evidence is there of being punched in the nose and attacked?

Supposedly the police report. But given the recent video that's been released, it doesn't look like that was the case. Hence my last post with the questions.

I trusted your word, and now some video shows the adult allegedly with no cuts or anything? I thought I was confused before. What gives? I think this one should be easily proven since the adult allegedly went to the hospital to get treated for a broken nose the following day.

I agree, the video only brings more questions, not answers.

Guess we'll have to wait and see.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Cheesey
12 years ago
There are young people murdered around the country EVERY DAY.
Why does this one get so much attention?
They ALL should be addressed.
Yet 99.9% of them are ignored.
I guess the others arn't "sensational" enough.

So let's throw this one man in prison for life, even though the case was gone over and there doesn't seem to be enough evidence to charge him with a crime.

Believe me, if there was, you can bet he'd be in jail right now.
Especially with all the hoopla from Sharpton and Jackson.
You can BET the D.A. there has gone oveer this with a fine tooth comb, for fear of being labled a "racist" for not automatically jailing Zimmerman.
As i have said, i wasn't there, haven't been allowed to view the evidence, so i don't feel like i can make a judgement either way.
But one thing for sure is that i wouldn't condemn a man without having evidence against him.
Let's face the truth....there was more evidence that OJ Simpson murdered his ex-wife and her friend then there is against this man.
Yet we know how THAT turned out.
UserPostedImage
dingus
12 years ago
Cheesey

You contradict yourself continually in that post. You say you haven't seen the evidence right after you say there doesn't seem to be enough to convict him.

Are you aware that Zimmermans father is a Judge and his mother is a law clerk? Are you aware that he assaulted a police officer in the past? Are you aware that he was NOT a part of any sanctioned neighborhood watch group?

The reason that this case is getting so much attention is that it smells of, at best, bad police work and at worst total coverup.

You seem to be deeply offended anytime the discussion of racism is brought up in this forum. Here's something you need to consider, Racism is real. I experience it quite often in my day to day life. Not directly but I can assure you it's alive and well.
blank
Porforis
12 years ago

You seem to be deeply offended anytime the discussion of racism is brought up in this forum. Here's something you need to consider, Racism is real. I experience it quite often in my day to day life. Not directly but I can assure you it's alive and well.

Originally Posted by: dingus 

I don't think Cheesy is claiming that racism doesn't exist, doesn't hurt and sometimes kill people. While you two definitely have different views on things and no doubt have had very different lives, I doubt there's a single person in the world that has not been negatively touched by racism.

As a 25 year old white male, I don't recall any blatant racist remarks or actions directed at me (I've gotten vibes but you can't make assumptions about people's intentions), but I certainly have been treated differently strictly because of my race. The first experience I had with racism was a Hmong kid that frequently teased me in second grade claiming that I called him a chink, after he hit me and I told my teacher. I had no idea what that word meant at the time and had never heard it before. In my sophomore year of high school, a kid I more or less got along with but occasionally pissed off (I was quite immature at that time) got into a minor verbal argument with me in science class (I don't remember what it was about but it wasn't anything heated). The teacher took me outside, and with my back literally against the wall he stuck a finger in my face and said "You know what I think? I think you're racist."

I don't mean to sound particularly bitchy to people that have to worry about a lot more than other people assuming that you're racist because you're white, but I think it's important that we all share our experiences with racism with people we normally do not associate with with the goal of creating greater understanding of the unique challenges different subcultures and races face.

Honestly, I long for the days when I wasn't aware of race, when people just looked different and someone being black, Asian, Hispanic, or anything else weren't any different from me than anybody who was white. I still think that way to some extent, but society sucks and loves to make a bigger deal out of race than it ever should.
Zero2Cool
12 years ago
Same as I said about Kony deal. This mistaken agenda that oh others die everyday why does this one get the publicity....needs to go. This idea that if we don't sensationalize every thing we shouldn't care about anything is bogus. These tragedies need attention to add focus to them in hopes of somehow preventing them from happening as frequently as before.

You may save only one life in the effort, but isn't that one life better than none?
UserPostedImage