gbguy20
12 years ago
HELL YES WE NOW HAVE A MULTIQUOTE BUTTON. it's a little glitchy but it's better than not having one at all. fuck ya. anywho

This is a problem because ... ?

Originally Posted by: Wade 

It's definitely not a problem.

i don't need a bed to suck.

Originally Posted by: 4PackGirl 

You're the best.

The kind of people who join the police force are the kind of people who find the idea appealing of carrying a club and a gun and being able to use them with virtual impunity. That makes them all suspect in my book. Sure, they are not all bad people; but that doesn't change the fact they have entirely too much power, and too much opportunity to abuse that power. And given the fact cops are indemnified by their departments against wrongdoing, they face almost nothing in the way of liability or consequence. It might be cliche to say that power corrupts, but it's unfortunately also true. Hell, I was the medic who best resisted the corrupting influence of working on the right side of the bars, and by the end of my tour, I was horrified to find even myself screaming at inmates sometimes, because, well, they were on the wrong end of the power differential. That was a huge eye-opener for me, and shook me to the core.

The average American thinks, "Well, I am doing nothing wrong, so that means I have nothing to worry about." The sad reality is, however, that is just not true. Under cover of "probable cause," cops (even the so-called good ones) can and regularly do lie and otherwise break the law, and no one holds them accountable because, after all, they're the good guys, right? In fact, their lawlessness is frequently encouraged at an institutional level.

No doubt most cops join with the best of intentions, and as long as things are going well, I'm sure they are the salt of the earth. But when the shit goes down, I don't trust their mentality one bit. They are virtually without exceptions all good little statists at heart. I've read plenty of personal accounts from cops who admit the big thing that attracts them to their job (besides the great benefits) is the adrenaline rush.

Also, never lose sight of the fact that the Supreme Court has repeatedly ruled that cops have no constitutional obligation to protect you. They are entirely within their rights to respond to a situation at their own convenience -- if at all -- when your life is in danger.

If I have to choose between relying on cops, who are the strong arm of the state and face an IA hearing and at worst termination if they make a mistake, and my fellow armed citizens, who cherish liberty as I do and face possible murder charges if they make a mistake, I will place my trust in the hands of the armed citizenry any time.

And the founders of our country would have said the same.

Originally Posted by: Nonstopdrivel 

It's nice that you started this off with such a glaringly wrong statement, made it easy for me to take the rest of it with a grain of salt. I for one would love to be a cop, and it has nothing to do with any of what you mentioned. Then again, I've found I like the idea of what I think cops should be, rather than what they are. I hate the idea of sitting in a cop car hiding with my radar gun out trying to catch people speeding. I hate the idea of doing any of that traffic bullshit. What I do love is the investigative side of things, which is probably why I graduated with a degree in computer forensics. So the more I type the more I realize I do not want to be a cop, I want to be a detective, so maybe you are right, who knows?

I bolded one of you middle paragraphs because it stuck out to me as being completely correct. You are right, cops will say anything to justify why they pulled you over, or why they want to do this, or for you to do that. Then again, that is a huge generalization, and just because I've seen this first hand, does not mean cops in general do it. So I guess I can't say you were right about this either.

Basically, I feel like I just wrote a wall of text that pretty much went nowhere, and has no clear point. Whatever though, I'm still clicking submit.
zombieslayer
12 years ago
I don't see a Forensic expert as a cop.

Big difference.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
gbguy20
12 years ago
That's not what I said :()
zombieslayer
12 years ago

That's not what I said :()

Originally Posted by: gbguy20 

My bad. It wasn't what you said. You said you'd love to be a cop, then kind of backed off from wanting to be a cop and said what they do sucks and you'd want to be a forensic expert. Thus, my confusion.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (17h) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
3h / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

12h / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

13h / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

13h / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

18h / Packers Draft Threads / bboystyle

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / go.pack.go.

2-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

2-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

1-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

30-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.