Zero2Cool
12 years ago

Green Bay Packers

Team Needs: DE, LT, DB. There's a lot to deal with for a 15-1 team. Defensive issues covered up all season by Aaron Rodgers and the team's prolific offense were exposed in the playoff loss to Giants. The Packers had only one sack in the game, and just 29 all year, and the secondary struggled. The team needs to acquire or develop another premier pass rusher to help Clay Matthews, who faced steady double teams and saw his sack total drop from 13.5 to 6. In the secondary, Tramon Williams and Charles Woodson need to play better, and the Packers will need to add a safety if Nick Collins' neck injury is career-ending. The Packers need to address age issues on the offensive line, particularly at Chad Clifton's LT spot. Backup QB must be addressed with Matt Flynn's impending departure as a free agent, and one of Pack's top offensive threats, Jermichael Finley, is a potential free agent.

Source  wrote:

LT is a need? Didn't the Packers use their last two 1st round picks on Tackles?
UserPostedImage
zombieslayer
12 years ago

LT is a need? Didn't the Packers use their last two 1st round picks on Tackles?

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

LOL. Prepare to get scolded by Wade and Foster.

Popcorn time.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
gbguy20
12 years ago
blows my mind that LB is not mentioned once in this
rabidgopher04
12 years ago
Offensive line players can take a few years to develop. Both Marco Rivera and Mike Wahle (arguably our best guards from the last decade) were not instant starters. I believe Rivera was a backup for a few years before he took over. I remember getting his autograph in 1997 and wondering "who the hell is that?" A few years later and the guy is one of the best guards in the league. LT is not a draft need. LB is, LT is not.

With that said, if the most phenomenal LT in the world is on the board when it's Ted's turn to pick, he'd probably draft him.
Amazing Bacon Delivery  Service! Never be without good bacon again.
Zero2Cool
12 years ago

LOL. Prepare to get scolded by Wade and Foster.

Popcorn time.

Originally Posted by: zombieslayer 

If they are advocating using yet ANOTHER 1st round (3 years in a row) on Tackle, they are dumbasses, the both of them! 🙂

I think first round, take the best player available and we hope it's a DE or more hopefully, a OLB.

Besides, neither dfosterf or Wade actually string together reasoning other than 'oooh draft OL, draft OL' post after post. I know they (like myself) are saddened and heartbroken Ted Thompson failed the Packers by letting Daryn Colledge leave, but c'mon man!! [boxing]
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
12 years ago
1. DE
2. OLB
3. S

National media that try to cover a local team almost most always have no idea what they are talking about.
UserPostedImage
Yerko
12 years ago

1. DE
2. OLB
3. S

National media that try to cover a local team almost most always have no idea what they are talking about.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

I agree with this order or even just a small switch up.

1. OLB
2. DE
3. SS or DB

If there is a better option at DE than OLB upon the 28th pick, then so be it. I am also all for adding depth to the offensive line, but there is no way that is the #2 concern for the Pack. Wish there was some sort of update on Sherrod's leg injury.

UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
12 years ago

I agree with this order or even just a small switch up.

1. OLB
2. DE
3. SS or DB

If there is a better option at DE than OLB upon the 28th pick, then so be it. I am also all for adding depth to the offensive line, but there is no way that is the #2 concern for the Pack. Wish there was some sort of update on Sherrod's leg injury.

Originally Posted by: G-Force 

I considered putting the OLB first but I think if you get smothering pressure from the DL then it is not as critical to for a standout OLB. Whereas even with 2 all world OLBs they may not get the chance to put pressure on a QB because they have more ground to cover.
UserPostedImage
zombieslayer
12 years ago
I'd argue we went into 2011 one OL short, so damn right I'll be drafting OL. If 🇦🇷 goes down, the season's over. Especially since we won't have Matt Flynn in 2012. :(

That said, we got needs all over the place. In no order, DL, LB, OL, DB, KR/PR. Which pretty much says everyone but QB, RB, WR, TE, P, K.

I'd now argue that our #1 problem last year was getting to the opposing QB. QBs had way too much time to ponder the universe, then look for an open receiver. Not acceptable. That's the main reason our D dropped from #2 to #19.

We have the large bodies in the middle of the DL, but we don't have a Cullen Jenkins. We also need someone who can generate pressure opposite CM3. Those are our 2 biggest needs.

Fix those problems and suddenly Williams and Shields will look like they did in 2010. Woodson will probably be even more a hybrid player than he is now. And I don't want to see CM3 back there covering so much. I want to see him standing over a QB who is lying on the ground wondering why he didn't join the ballet instead of playing football.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
Zero2Cool
12 years ago

I'd argue we went into 2011 one OL short, so damn right I'll be drafting OL.

Originally Posted by: zombieslayer 

Ease up muchacho. I didn't say to NOT draft an OL. I'm saying, it's silly to use 3 straight first round selections on the Tackle position, unless you KNOW one of them first two is another Tony Mandrich OR moving to Guard. That could very well be likely and the Packers draft another Tackle, thing is, not one of us fans know this, so how can we blindly advocate such a move?

What, no love for Graham Harrell?? lol
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
beast (17-May) : Not sure why a players views reflect on GB... instead of simply on the player
Martha Careful (17-May) : I bet some of us have had 6+ mRNA jabs, a UKR flag on our walls, and still think Fauci has a thread of integrity
Zero2Cool (16-May) : From what I've read, it's all Jets , not us.
CanPackFan (16-May) : Will there ever be a time when Rodgers' whacko views will not reflect on GB? He is the past, thank god.
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Jan 4th gonna be rough with that start time lol
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Packers schedule listed. Boom.
buckeyepackfan (15-May) : Let the leaks begin. Colts @ Packers week 2, Vikings @ Packers week 4
Zero2Cool (14-May) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (14-May) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Zero2Cool (13-May) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Zero2Cool (13-May) : I know we moved on. That tidbit just makes me a touch happier.
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Sources spoke of many, many times last summer where Hackett called a play, then Rodgers changed it completely at the line
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
13h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

21h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

19-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

15-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

12-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.