Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
12 years ago

Well how about a system where you don't have to pay any taxes? That'd be better right? Right?

Originally Posted by: Packers_Finland 

Yes. [grin1]

And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
zombieslayer
12 years ago
Although not nearly as Libertarian/Anarchistic (economically) as Wade, I'd vote for him simply because he'd be a push in the direction we need to go.

The Republicans scream about taxes, then cut taxes by 1 or 2% and give each other handjobs. No, that's nothing to celebrate over, especially when they're raising spending like they do and make the economy even worse than before.

I'm paying a ridiculous amount in taxes. I'd like to see what I pay cut down 90%. If the government can't get by with 5% of our income being taxed, then it's their problem, not ours. How it is right now is that the government can't manage its money and they take it out on us.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
vikesrule
12 years ago

found this posted on another board.

Originally Posted by: wpr 

Dang Wayne, you're stating to post internet bullshit like the crap I get emailed from my two brothers.
Neither one of them will fly on airplane unless it has two right wings.

How about this little variation on the theme.

The problem with this analogy is that that #1 poor guy and the #10 rich guy are drinking in the same bar, which would never happen.
In reality, the #10 guy pays more so he can have:
1. Roads built to get him to his swanky bar, public works to clear the snow from the valet stand and clean the streets around the bar.
2. Police and fire resources to keep his bar safe, public transit into his downtown bar so his table gets cleared by busboys and so that a nice #2 can hand him a towel to dry his hands.
3. Homeless shelters to keep the “bums” out of the alley behind his condo, schools to help the #1’s kids grow up to be #4s that don’t need the help, prisons to keep his #10 family “safe”…

…And all with enough money left over to make sure that high real estate prices and gated communities keeps those #1-#4s out of their neighborhoods.

This one is a little longer, but worth the read:

Suppose that every day, ten men go out for beer and they order 10 glasses of beer (or 120 ounces of beer). If they split up the beer the way that wealth is distributed in the U.S.A, it would go something like this:

The first five men (the poorest) would get a sip of beer each or 0.672 ounces.
The next four men would get a small glass of beer each or 8.22 ounces.
The tenth man (the richest) would get 7 glasses of beer or 83.76 ounces.

The ten men went to the bar every day and the tenth man seemed quite happy with the arrangement, until one day, the owner threw them a curve. "Inflationary pressures are rising," he said, "I'm going to reduce the amount of your daily beer by 20 ounces. You will now receive 10 glasses of 10-ounces each, or 100 ounces total."
The group still wanted to split up the beer the way that wealth is distributed in the U.S.A. How could they divide the loss of 20 ounces of beer so that everyone would lose his 'fair share?' They realized that 20 ounces divided by ten is 2 ounces.
But if they subtracted that from everybody's share, then the first five men would have to pay the bartender 1.328 ounces of beer each. So, they decided to only take 0.672 ounces of beer from each of the first 5 men and take the remaining 16.64 ounces from the remaining 5 men.

Each of the first five men would give up the sip of beer (0.672 ounces) that they received (a loss of 100%).
Each of the sixth, seventh, eighth, and ninth men would give up 1.17 ounces each (a loss of 14.2%).
The tenth man would give up 11.95 ounces of beer (or a loss of 14.2%).

The result:

Each of the first five men would receive no beer.
Each of the next four men would receive 7.05 ounces.
The tenth man would receive 71.81 ounces of beer.

Each of the first five was worse off than before, having lost all of their beer. The next 4 were worse off, since they no longer received a full 8-ounce glass of beer. The tenth man still received 71.81 ounces (~ a six-pack), and was still happy.
But once outside the restaurant, the men began to compare their losses.
The first five men said, "We lost a sip of beer each. We don't get beer any more."
"Well, we lost more than a quarter of our beer" said the next four men "It's unfair that you only lost a sip of beer. We lost twice as much as each of you did."
"Wait a minute!" yelled the tenth man. "I gave up a whole glass of beer! I gave up more than all of you combined!!! The poor get all the breaks! First, they get free beer, and then they complain when they lose their free beer! The middle class are always whining about everything because they're too dumb to get as much beer as I do."
The tenth man called security, and the first 5 men were told to leave the premises, since they could not afford to pay for any beer.
The next 4 men stood silently watching, not wanting to risk the loss of any of their remaining beer.
The tenth man got into his chauffeured limo and went home.
The next night the first five men didn't show up for drinks, so the remaining five sat down to have beers without them. But, they discovered something important.

The first five men didn't show up to:

* harvest the grain and hops to make the beer
* drive the trucks to bring the beer to the bar
* clean the beer glasses and sweep the floor of the bar
* serve the beer
* and, most importantly, work as the security guards to protect the tenth man and his beer

And that, boys and girls, journalists and college professors, wing-nuts and supply-siders, big-c and little-c conservatives, is how wealth is distributed in the U.S.A. The people who have the most money get the most beer. Take too much "beer" from the poorest people, belittle them for being poor, and they just may not show up anymore to make and serve your beer.

Please remember:
There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics.

However, let's continue this thought experiment:
Let's imagine that the above example happened in 1983. How would the 120 ounces of beer be divided in 1998?

The first four men would have their 0.672 ounces reduced to 0.159 ounces.
The fifth man would have his 0.672 ounces increased to 0.739 ounces.
The sixth man would have his 8.22 ounces increased to 9.04 ounces.
The seventh and eighth man would have his 8.22 ounces increased to 9.92 ounces.
The ninth man would have his 8.22 ounces increased to 10.17 ounces.
The tenth man would have his 83.76 ounces increased to 103.17 ounces.

Or, let's divide the 120 ounces of beer according to the share of total ownership of stocks, mutual funds, and retirement accounts (basically, as a share of the stock market):

The first 9 men would each receive 2.84 ounces.
The tenth man would receive 94.44 ounces.

Formo
12 years ago

And that, boys and girls, journalists and college professors, wing-nuts and supply-siders, big-c and little-c conservatives, is how wealth is distributed in the U.S.A.

Originally Posted by: vikesrule 

VR, you need to stop posting political rhetoric. Really? That's how the wealth is distributed? Oh, lets forget about that little thing called work.

Wealth isn't distributed. It's created.

Sometimes your mindset is moronic.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member Topic Starter
12 years ago

Dang Wayne, you're stating to post internet bullshit like the crap I get emailed from my two brothers.

Originally Posted by: vikesrule 

VR I am not going to argue politics. It doesn't get us anywhere. For the most part no one's opinion is changed. I just wanted to stir the pot a bit and watch everyone run around screaming and wailing.
UserPostedImage
zombieslayer
12 years ago
[aiee]

There. Happy?

If Ron Paul drops out, I'm writing in my vote for Wade. Then when he's President, he can invite Jessica Biel to the White House.

I still want to punch someone in the face every time I do my taxes. Especially this year.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
DakotaT
12 years ago

[aiee]

There. Happy?

If Ron Paul drops out, I'm writing in my vote for Wade. Then when he's President, he can invite Jessica Biel to the White House.

I still want to punch someone in the face every time I do my taxes. Especially this year.

Originally Posted by: zombieslayer 

Quit bitchin, what a poor, ignorant, non-suave mofo wouldn't do to be forced to pay your taxes. Enjoy the fruits my man.
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
12 years ago

[aiee]

There. Happy?

Originally Posted by: zombieslayer 

Screw the White House, send Miss Biel to MY house!

Damn kids don't know when to take advantage ...
UserPostedImage
Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
12 years ago
VR,

I would note that a wing nut has value.

I'm betting that Foster has some in his state-of-the-art garage. And that even Minnesotans and North Dakotans have use for them.

Whereas the average politician has less value than used sweeping compound.
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member Topic Starter
12 years ago

VR,

I would note that a wing nut has value.

I'm betting that Foster has some in his state-of-the-art garage. And that even Minnesotans and North Dakotans have use for them.

Whereas the average politician has less value than used sweeping compound

Originally Posted by: Wade 

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Martha Careful (15h) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (18h) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (20h) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (22h) : Flag?
Martha Careful (22h) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (23h) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
beast (25-Apr) : 49ers are Cap Tight
beast (25-Apr) : Fuck
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : Kanata, I will be when I'm on my lunch later
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Love you NSD
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Huh. I guess the F-word is censored in this fan shout.
Nonstopdrivel (25-Apr) : Anyone who doesn't hang out in the chat probably smokes pole.
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : GoPackGo Thinking CB is the pick tonight
TheKanataThrilla (25-Apr) : Anyone hanging out in the chat tonight?
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : whoa...49ers have had trade conversations about both Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk
Zero2Cool (25-Apr) : I hope they take a Punter at 9th overall. Be bold!
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I may end up eating those words but I think they need a lot more talent then their 4 picks can provide
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : I really hope they stand pat and Draft a WR
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : @DMRussini
Mucky Tundra (25-Apr) : The Chicago Bears are very open for business at 9 and telling teams they are ready to move for the right price, per source
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend Penei Soul 4yrs - 112mil
buckeyepackfan (24-Apr) : Lions extend St. Brown 4 years 120mil and
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : Now look, trading up to 13 to take a TE might not seem like a good idea later but it will be later!
dfosterf (24-Apr) : (Your trade up mock post)
dfosterf (24-Apr) : Mucky- The only thing fun to watch would be me flipping the f out if Gute goes up to 13 and grabs Brock Bowers, lol
beast (24-Apr) : DT Byron Murphy II, Texas... whom some believe is the next Aaron Donald (or the closest thing to Donald)
Zero2Cool (24-Apr) : What? And who?
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : *sad Mucky noises*
Mucky Tundra (24-Apr) : @JoeJHoyt Murphy said he’s been told he won’t slide past pick No. 16.
wpr (23-Apr) : Just about time to watch Sonny Weaver stick it to the seahags. I never get tired of it.
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : *game plan
Martha Careful (23-Apr) : IMHO, not even close. He is not a guy you game play around.
Mucky Tundra (23-Apr) : is Aiyuk worth a 1st rounder?
Zero2Cool (23-Apr) : 49ers are seeking a 1st round pick in exchange for WR Brandon Aiyuk
Mucky Tundra (22-Apr) : Based on Gutes comments, now I don't feel as silly having 13 picks in my mock the other day
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Zach Wilson to Broncos.
Zero2Cool (22-Apr) : Gutekunst says he'd love to have 13 or 14 picks. He's trading back huh lol
beast (22-Apr) : Someday we'll have a draft betting scandal
beast (21-Apr) : Sometimes looking extremely amazing, sometimes looking extremely lost
beast (21-Apr) : I haven't looked into the QBs, but some have suggested Maye has some of the most extremely inconsistent tape they've seen
beast (21-Apr) : Well it also sounds like Patriots are listening to trade offers, not that seriously considering any, but listening means they aren't locked
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Maye needs to be AFC
Mucky Tundra (21-Apr) : Not liking the idea of the Vikings getting Maye
Zero2Cool (21-Apr) : Vikings HC joked that he may or may not have sent flowers to Bob Kraft. That's where rumor came from.
beast (21-Apr) : Can't tell if this is real or BS, but some rumors about a possible Patriots/Vikings trade for #3 overall
dfosterf (21-Apr) : One playbook to my knowledge. I was shooting for facetious.
beast (20-Apr) : I'm not sure they have different playbooks for different OL positions, and Dillard run blocking is supposedly worse than his pass blocking..
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / TheKanataThrilla

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Nonstopdrivel

7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

8h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

26-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

26-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Nonstopdrivel

25-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

25-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

25-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

24-Apr / Random Babble / beast

22-Apr / Green Bay Packers Talk / Mucky Tundra

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.