• East: Philadelphia Eagles
  • North: Green Bay Packers
    South: Atlanta Falcons
    West: St. Louis Rams

Wild Card: New Orleans Saints
    Wild Card: New York Giants[/list]

Super Bowl XLVI
    Green Bay Packers over New England Patriots
    Formed Merseyside Nighthawks. British Champions 1992. Packer fan for 32 years
    UserPostedImage

I feel very wrong now!!!!!!!!!
    DoddPower
    12 years ago
    The Colts are not a better team than Houston without Manning. That's hilarious. Houston is the most talented team in that division, they have just yet to put it together. I believe the pieces they added (CB Joseph, S Manning, JJ Watt, Brooks Reed) along with what they already have (Schaub, Johnson, Foster, decent defense)will make this their season to lose. I can't imagine them winning any less than 9-10 games this season, given the likelihood of Manning being out for the season, or at least not very effective even if he does come back.

Houston has nothing else other than a running game? I think Schaub and Johnson would have something to say about that. They have one of the better passing games in the league as well, even without a running game. I expect TE Owen Daniels to come back pretty strong this season as well. Their defense should finally be able to get off the field on third downs every once and awhile also.
    wpr
    • wpr
    • Preferred Member
    12 years ago

The Colts are not a better team than Houston without Manning. That's hilarious. Houston is the most talented team in that division, they have just yet to put it together. I believe the pieces they added (CB Joseph, S Manning, JJ Watt, Brooks Reed) along with what they already have (Schuab, Johnson, Foster, decent defense)will make this their season to lose. I can't imagine them winning any less than 9-10 games this season, given the likelihood of Manning being out for the season, or at least not very effective even if he does come back.

Originally Posted by: doddpower 

which is why I didn't chose Indy. Anyone what to change their AFC South choice?
    UserPostedImage
    flep
    12 years ago

The Colts are not a better team than Houston without Manning. That's hilarious. Houston is the most talented team in that division, they have just yet to put it together. I believe the pieces they added (CB Joseph, S Manning, JJ Watt, Brooks Reed) along with what they already have (Schaub, Johnson, Foster, decent defense)will make this their season to lose. I can't imagine them winning any less than 9-10 games this season, given the likelihood of Manning being out for the season, or at least not very effective even if he does come back.

Houston has nothing else other than a running game? I think Schaub and Johnson would have something to say about that. They have one of the better passing games in the league as well, even without a running game. I expect TE Owen Daniels to come back pretty strong this season as well. Their defense should finally be able to get off the field on third downs every once and awhile also.

Rumours are flying around that Peyton Manning may miss the season.

I have been picking Houton for the last couple of seasons to make the playoffs but theyy always seem to disappoint. That is the main reason I've gone for Jacksonville. I feel they were unlucky last season and are a team on the rise.

So they have now been given the flep kiss of death!!!

Formed Merseyside Nighthawks. British Champions 1992. Packer fan for 32 years
    UserPostedImage

I feel very wrong now!!!!!!!!!
    Zero2Cool
    12 years ago

which is why I didn't chose Indy. Anyone what to change their AFC South choice?

Originally Posted by: wpr 

I didn't have to change mine. 🙂
    UserPostedImage
    wpr
    • wpr
    • Preferred Member
    12 years ago

I didn't have to change mine. :)

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Nor did I. đź‘Ť
    UserPostedImage
    DoddPower
    12 years ago
    Jacksonville will not be winning that division without Garrard unless some very crazy things happen. Is it possible? Sure. I suppose anything is often possible. However, with Garrard, they'll be lucky to finish 2-3 in that division. It is undoubtedly Houston's division to lose. They'd have to mess up pretty badly or be decimated by injuries to not win.
    Dexter_Sinister
    12 years ago

Houston will have to improve from dead last in the NFL stopping the pass last year. D wins championships. More specifically, Passing D. Passing is the deciding factor. If you can throw the ball well and stop the opponent from throwing the ball well, you will be a good team. They had not even an idea the direction decent might lie.

They don't just have to improve a little. They have to go from allowing opposing QBs over a 100 rating on average to something close to the leaders. Last years super bowl winner had a 67. That would be like taking Derek Anderson That was locked out for most of it.

I don't think you can make that pass D a league leader over this off season.

Unless they completely transplanted their pass D, I would not expect them to win half their games.

If Foster's hamstring injury becomes a chronic issue, I don't see them winning that much. Sounds like he may miss their opener. Then I would give the game to the Colts.
    I want to go out like my Grandpa did. Peacefully in his sleep.
    Not screaming in terror like his passengers.
    beast
    • beast
    • Select Member Topic Starter
    12 years ago
    The Texans picked up FA starters CB Johnathan Joseph and FS Danieal Manning in FA... as well as drafting CB Brandon Harris (2nd) and Roc Carmichael (4th) that should help their pass D.

Also they switched to the 3-4 and their starting LBers look great, though I'm surprised Mario Williams is at OLB and not DE... but I haven't watched him enough to say where I think he should be.

UserPostedImage
    Fan Shout
    Zero2Cool (4h) : I feel similar about person and product/service.
    beast (17-May) : Not sure why a players views reflect on GB... instead of simply on the player
    Martha Careful (17-May) : I bet some of us have had 6+ mRNA jabs, a UKR flag on our walls, and still think Fauci has a thread of integrity
    Zero2Cool (16-May) : From what I've read, it's all Jets , not us.
    CanPackFan (16-May) : Will there ever be a time when Rodgers' whacko views will not reflect on GB? He is the past, thank god.
    Zero2Cool (16-May) : Jan 4th gonna be rough with that start time lol
    Zero2Cool (16-May) : Packers schedule listed. Boom.
    buckeyepackfan (15-May) : Let the leaks begin. Colts @ Packers week 2, Vikings @ Packers week 4
    Zero2Cool (14-May) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
    Zero2Cool (14-May) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
    Zero2Cool (13-May) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
    Zero2Cool (13-May) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
    Zero2Cool (13-May) : I know we moved on. That tidbit just makes me a touch happier.
    Zero2Cool (13-May) : Sources spoke of many, many times last summer where Hackett called a play, then Rodgers changed it completely at the line
    Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
    beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
    Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
    Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
    Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
    Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
    Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
    Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
    Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
    Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
    beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
    beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
    Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
    Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
    Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
    Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
    Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
    beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
    beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
    Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
    Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
    Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
    Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
    buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
    buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
    Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
    Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
    Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
    TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
    Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
    Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
    Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
    dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
    dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
    Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
    Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
    Please sign in to use Fan Shout
    2024 Packers Schedule
    Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
    Eagles
    Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
    COLTS
    Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
    Titans
    Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
    VIKINGS
    Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
    Rams
    Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
    CARDINALS
    Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
    TEXANS
    Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
    Jaguars
    Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
    LIONS
    Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
    Bears
    Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
    49ERS
    Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
    DOLPHINS
    Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
    Lions
    Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
    Seahawks
    Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
    SAINTS
    Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
    Vikings
    Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
    BEARS
    Recent Topics
    1h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

3h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

15-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

12-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

Headlines
    Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.