wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member Topic Starter
12 years ago
My wife and I stuck around after the game this past Friday night.
On Saturday we hit the Appleton mall (Fox River) in the morning. Something for her. Then toured the PHOF in the afternoon. My turn.

I had not been in tot he Hall since they moved it into its new location. VERY NICE.

I got a kick of the memorabilia dedicated to the 2010 season. The have the club cast used by Jenkins. The knee brace that Colledge broke during a game. A thumb cast one of the DB wore. (I forget who.)

Some pink items that were worn to raise funds/awareness for breast cancer. Including Woodson's shoes. My wife said they were very small. I told her he couldn't turn, run, cover if he had feet like mine. 13EE. Just bought new shoes in the mall that morning. I told her the OL and DL will have the big feet. Sure enough Jenkins or one of the linemen had his shoes in another display case that were at least 15's.

The NFC Championship trophy was a part of this collection. A little boy ran up up it and he was all excited.

The Gatorade bucket they dumped on Mike McCarthy was hanging upside down and the photo of the players dumping the contents on him was right next to it.

A couple of proclamations were on display. One by the US Senate. the other by the Great State of ALASKA! Go figure.

My wife, Chicago native, now Packer fan (She had to convert prior to marriage.) noticed all the Packers-Bears scores, Packer victories of course, they had on display in the area where they talked about the team over the years. I told her that I was sure that was not a coincidence. The Instant Replay Game was a part of the lore. Nothing was mentioned about Ditka wanting to put an asterisk in the Bear's media guide. The Packer's version is that Don Majkowski's foot was clearly behind the line, naturally.

I don't remember seeing the giant Lombardi trophy across the street from the stadium I got a chuckle out of that.

The statue of Lambeau pointing over to Lombardi seems to be saying, "I can still kick your butt."

My wife was in charge of photos. She took all the Lombardi Trophies and SB rings. The picture of the ring from this past year was a bit fuzzy so I did not include that one.

Finished up by have a little dessert in Curly's. We watched the fans at the player's gate. None of them stopped to sign autographs.

There were 3 wedding parties there when we left. I asked someone from one of the parties (I think one of the dad's by the look of his color coordinated tux.) if they had the ceremony at the stadium. He laughed and said no. They were just there for pictures. One of the parties come over in a bus. the other in a stretch limo. I forgot to look at it closer but it looked like a stretch Hummer. my wife looked at me and said she loves the Packers but that would never have happened. I told her of course not. the stadium looked a little dumpier back in the early 80's and it would have been a 4 hour drive just to get everyone there. We went to St Louis for our honeymoon instead and took pictures in from of old Busch. I should have mentioned THAT to her.

anyway, I will upload a few pictures in a bit.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
dfosterf
12 years ago

Link to the photos in my PackersHome album 

Originally Posted by: wpr 

Excellent report. 🤦

PWT36
12 years ago
wpr posted: "the stadium Looked a little dumpier back in early 80's."

It is amazing what $295M renovation did to Lambeau Field in 2003.
Yerko
12 years ago
I took the stadium and HoF tour a few weeks back wpr and it was quite the experience to see it all. One thing I didn't know was that the Atrium's floor is an exact replica (same angle and all) of the first 40 or 50 yards of the field. Our tour guide had us stand in the end zone and said if we picked the floor up and walked to the field, it would fit perfectly. I thought that was cool.

During the tour, we were taken through the players tunnel and our guide stopped us at the beginning and said, "Imagine you are a rookie for the Super Bowl XLV Champs, getting ready to take the field on September 8th against the Saints." The big door rolled up and they blasted a crowd cheering with the intro (that I assume the fans will hear on September 8th) as we walked onto the field. It was just an unreal experience overall.

For being a "younger" Packers fan, all the HoF stuff from back in the day was very interesting to me. I loved sitting in Vince Lombardi's chair in his replica office. The information in the HoF was great.

We also walked the Magnificent Mile which had a lot of cool information on each statue.

I'll throw some pics up in my album.

(Didn't mean to hijack your HoF visit wpr)
UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
12 years ago

wpr posted: "the stadium Looked a little dumpier back in early 80's."

It is amazing what $295M renovation did to Lambeau Field in 2003.

Originally Posted by: PWT36 

My dad worked on the last two renovations of Lambeau Field as a Mason. He also did quite a bit of work on the Resch Center too.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
12 years ago

I took the stadium and HoF tour a few weeks back wpr and it was quite the experience to see it all. One thing I didn't know was that the Atrium's floor is an exact replica (same angle and all) of the first 40 or 50 yards of the field. Our tour guide had us stand in the end zone and said if we picked the floor up and walked to the field, it would fit perfectly. I thought that was cool.

During the tour, we were taken through the players tunnel and our guide stopped us at the beginning and said, "Imagine you are a rookie for the Super Bowl XLV Champs, getting ready to take the field on September 8th against the Saints." The big door rolled up and they blasted a crowd cheering with the intro (that I assume the fans will hear on September 8th) as we walked onto the field. It was just an unreal experience overall.

For being a "younger" Packers fan, all the HoF stuff from back in the day was very interesting to me. I loved sitting in Vince Lombardi's chair in his replica office. The information in the HoF was great.

We also walked the Magnificent Mile which had a lot of cool information on each statue.

I'll throw some pics up in my album.

(Didn't mean to hijack your HoF visit wpr)

Originally Posted by: G-Force 

Didn't get to do the tour so I am glad you posted. I was wondering how your trip went. Which was probably part of the reason for my post.

Hijack away.

Edit- I didn't want to sit in HIS chair even thought it is there for that purpose. I just walked up and put my hand on the back of the chair/corner of the desk and thought for a minute about his job.
UserPostedImage
gbguy20
12 years ago

Link to the photos in my PackersHome album 

Originally Posted by: wpr 

when u click on the pictures they open behind the forum :<
Zero2Cool
12 years ago

Originally Posted by: gbguy20 

Yep, this has been observed and noted several times, 😞 it sucks, but the new version has it fixed.

In the mean time, open the picture in a new tab and it'll be gooder.
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
12 years ago

Originally Posted by: gbguy20 

I know. I complained to the boss. he has a fix in the works. I think I will post them over here as well.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (18m) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (2h) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (2h) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (6h) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (6h) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
58m / Green Bay Packers Talk / bboystyle

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

22h / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

23h / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / bboystyle

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.