Formo
12 years ago

Well didn't you have the tripod of stupidity in Wilf, Chilly, and Spielman. Now that Chilly is gone, Frazier takes that leg. I'm saying Spielman sucks and he's been there a while. I'm sorry Formo, but making the NFCCG doesn't mean you're 1 player away from winning the super bowl & the Vikings have conducted themselves in that manner for many years. Drafting Peterson and Harvin in the first round and calling yourselves draft experts is pretty laughable.

This year, you'll be drafting in the top three in each round. Is there any confidence, there will be some legitimate talent added to your roster - or will they blow it again?

Originally Posted by: DakotaT 

Wilf has less say in it than you think. Spielman was one guy, and Chilly was another. The third being Brzezinski. Zigy just supplies the paper.. Green paper. And I never once said I liked that Triangle of Authority. I never said anything about the Vikings being draft experts either. They've been good, but far from great.

And after the slaughterfest in Lamblow this year, I actually said that it was time for the Vikings to can the ToA and get a real GM.

So, that all being said, I have no clue where you are coming up with this nonsense.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
Formo
12 years ago
http://thevikingage.com/2011/11/17/the-triangle-of-authority-concept-must-go/ 

That said, I don't want Spielman running the show. He sucked so much badness down in Miami.. The ToA was what kept him in line up here. Just time to clean house. Starting from the top.
UserPostedImage
Thanks to TheViking88 for the sig!!
zombieslayer
12 years ago

So you don't necessarily agree with Limbaugh's perspectives, is what you are trying to say.... lol

(Watch and learn, boys and girls, while 'ol Foster works Vikesrule into a complete froth in this thread, lol)

I was merely asking about what he said at that time- We all know what everyone on this continent thinks about him by now, both pro and con--- Can't even ask a question around here anymore, for cripes sakes.

Observation- The top flap of the oreo cookie container with adhesive for freshness has to be the only real original thought coming out of the baby-boomer generation of engineers. It's a good one, so congrats for that. o:)

Originally Posted by: dfosterf 

OK, we all know how I feel about Limbaugh so I'll answer the question as if Joe Sixpack instead of Rush Limbaugh made the statement about McNabb.

At one time, McNabb was a solid QB. He reached into elite status probably only one or two years in his career, but he was a solid QB.

It's still a team game and it will always be. As good as 🇦🇷 is, let's not forget we got Hall of Famer Charles Woodson anchoring the D as well as CM3, BJ Raji, Greg Jennings, Tramon Williams, and Sitton all as Pro Bowl quality players. Losing perennial Pro Bowler Nick Collins really hurt the D (Formo - losing him + Jenkins may be the two primary reasons for our D slip).

Those were the Pro Bowl quality people alone I've named. We also have a slew of solid players. Cobb is flat out dangerous when he actually holds on to the ball. I never thought I'd say this, but Jordy Nelson is dangerous in the open field. I'm as surprised as anyone as I always thought (mistakenly) that JJ was the better WR. Driver is a dang good slot guy still. Bishop is playing pretty good ball as is Sam Shields. And Finley can be a top 5 TE when he doesn't try to think and just plays ball.

Has McNabb EVER had a supporting cast this good? I don't think he has. In fact, I don't think he was ever close.

So McNabb looks like a good scapegoat for the Eagles' woes back in the day. I don't think he ever belonged in the same class as (in no order) Brady, Brees, P Manning, and good Brett Favre (as opposed to bad Brett Favre). He was always under them, although there were times when he got close to their level. But he was a top 10 QB, and that means at times, there were 20+ other teams who could have benefited from his services.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
dfosterf
12 years ago
You Vikings fans always have to blame someone. Maybe you should blame yourselves.

I'm serious.

I understand most of the "why"- The 51 years of futility, contemporaries in the state that seem ambivalent about the whole NFL/Vikes thing, your neighbors to the east having arguably the best franchise in the entire league, coupled with a rabid fanbase...

These things breed impatience.

Chilly didn't suck, btw. You BOUGHT the idea that he did, due to impatience, listening to the national media knee-jerk reactionaries, your Puker-fan-foes.

It's the QB. It's the trenches, both sides.

AD is so much fun to watch, but he is ultimately relatively meaningless in this day and age in the NFL.

Make your QB comfy, make the other one not comfy.

JA can get 40 sacks in a year. Meaningless, and a way-over-rated stat. he can't do the d alone, and his 40 would get so lost in the shuffle of irrelevancy if you still lose because the rest of your d got carved up.

Copy the Packers. You have a long history of STEALING from the Packers, why don't you try ACTING like them- Your (Vikes) plan does not work... hello.

This is outstanding advice, imo.
🇹🇹
dfosterf
12 years ago
ZS and I posted at roughly the same time.

I agree with you ZS, and at many times I would have rather had him over Brett.

vikesrule
12 years ago

You Vikings fans always have to blame someone. Maybe you should blame yourselves.

I'm serious.

I understand most of the "why"- The 51 years of futility, contemporaries in the state that seem ambivalent about the whole NFL/Vikes thing, your neighbors to the east having arguably the best franchise in the entire league, coupled with a rabid fanbase...

These things breed impatience.

Chilly didn't suck, btw. You BOUGHT the idea that he did, due to impatience, listening to the national media knee-jerk reactionaries, your Puker-fan-foes.

It's the QB. It's the trenches, both sides.

AD is so much fun to watch, but he is ultimately relatively meaningless in this day and age in the NFL.

Make your QB comfy, make the other one not comfy.

JA can get 40 sacks in a year. Meaningless, and a way-over-rated stat. he can't do the d alone, and his 40 would get so lost in the shuffle of irrelevancy if you still lose because the rest of your d got carved up.

Copy the Packers. You have a long history of STEALING from the Packers, why don't you try ACTING like them- Your (Vikes) plan does not work... hello.

This is outstanding advice, imo.

I was kind of with you foster.... right up until your first word.

You speak as if the Packers have had nothing but greatest of times in their so called "storied franchise" history.
You speak as though the late 1950's, the entire 1970's & 80's and the early 90's, never existed for the Packers, when they were pretty much the laughing stock of the NFL.
And more recently 2005, 2006 and 2008.... ya, those were more years of "title-town" legend, huh?

When the Packers are on a good run, you cheeseheads get all Kumbaya and "the Packers have always been the greatest". However....
I have been around Packer fans when the Packers sucked, the bluster is gone and all you hear is blame, blame, blame and fire him, fire him and fire him.

However, your "Chilly didn't suck" comment was really most amusing.
C'mon Dave, even you can't be serious on that one.
zombieslayer
12 years ago

I was kind of with you foster.... right up until your first word.

You speak as if the Packers have had nothing but greatest of times in their so called "storied franchise" history.
You speak as though the late 1950's, the entire 1970's & 80's and the early 90's, never existed for the Packers, when they were pretty much the laughing stock of the NFL.
And more recently 2005, 2006 and 2008.... ya, those were more years of "title-town" legend, huh?

When the Packers are on a good run, you cheeseheads get all Kumbaya and "the Packers have always been the greatest". However....
I have been around Packer fans when the Packers sucked, the bluster is gone and all you hear is blame, blame, blame and fire him, fire him and fire him.

However, your "Chilly didn't suck" comment was really most amusing.
C'mon Dave, even you can't be serious on that one.

Originally Posted by: vikesrule 

I love how VR loves to remind of us of our bad years. Newsflash to VR - EVERY NFL team has bad years. We had the late 50s, the entire 70s & 80s, and the early 90s, plus 2005,2006,2008.

It's so much easier to summarize the Vikings' bad years though - 1961-present.

From www.pro-football-reference.com:

Minnesota Vikings Franchise Encyclopedia
Playoff Record (all-time) : 19-26 (Last appearance after 2009 season)
Super Bowls Won: 0 out of 4 appearances
Championships Won: 0
Passing Leader (all-time): Fran Tarkenton - 33,098 yards
Rushing Leader (all-time): Robert Smith - 6,818 yards
Receiving Leader (all-time): Cris Carter - 12,383 yards
Winningest Coach (all-time): Bud Grant - 158 wins
Top Player by Approximate Value (all-time): Carl Eller - 192 AV

Sorry to ruin your holiday season and bring that up. [suicide]

I should say something nice. Seriously. 🤔

OK, VR is a classy guy. Real nice guy. Keeps his bets. Is honest. Funny too, especially when getting under DakotaT's skin [roflmao]

There. I hope that makes you feel better, amigo. 👍

Merry Christmas! Besides Packer losses [neener] , I hope you get what you want. 😇
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
dfosterf
12 years ago
I can only speak for myself.

I went 28 years with this team in absolute, complete obscurity. My passion for this team never waivered once in any way, shape or form.

Oh, btw- I have some evidence I was not alone. Review the attendance records at Lambeau during that period, and EVERYONE stayed for all of those games-- all OF 'EM.

The waiting list estimate for actually getting season tickets for the Packers is reportedly approaching a thousand years.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_season_ticket_waiting_lists 

One thousand years. Wrap your little porcelein/concrete/painted head around that concept a moment before spouting off about where the Pack fan base was/is- while you get solicited to buy a friggin' Queenie tic on three buck night next week, lol

We Packer fans roll SO far differently than you friggin' snot-nosed upstart queenie-fair-weather-wanna-be-Norse-division crybabies.

I've been around a few Vikings fans, now that you mention it- more specifically- YOU.

All you do is go all ad hominem on the Puker fans or roll out completely and STFU for days, weeks and/or months.

Maybe we should call the friggin' Wizard of OZ and pipe you in some courage, brain and heart. (Ooh, that's some good smack, lol)

and I'm only kiddin' the 'ol fart
zombieslayer
12 years ago

I can only speak for myself.

I went 28 years with this team in absolute, complete obscurity. My passion for this team never waivered once in any way, shape or form.

Oh, btw- I have some evidence I was not alone. Review the attendance records at Lambeau during that period, and EVERYONE stayed for all of those games-- all OF 'EM.

We Packer fans roll SO far differently than you friggin' snot-nosed upstart queenie-fair-weather-wanna-be-Norse-division crybabies.

Me too, amigo. Thus is why I'm such a huge Brett Favre fan. Proudly wore Green & Gold from 1976 on through some really miserable seasons.

It was much worse when we moved to SF and Niner fans loved to brag about Joe Montana, Bill Walsh, and the West Coast O (and Montana's 4 SB wins). Then Favre came around and I got a chance to rub it in their faces that every year, we'd knock the Niners out of the Playoffs. [boxing]

(I should add that 🇦🇷 🇲🇲 🇹🇹 will get us more SB wins than my arch enemy - the Cows).
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
dfosterf
12 years ago

I love how VR loves to remind of us of our bad years. Newsflash to VR - EVERY NFL team has bad years. We had the late 50s, the entire 70s & 80s, and the early 90s, plus 2005,2006,2008.

It's so much easier to summarize the Vikings' bad years though - 1961-present.

From www.pro-football-reference.com:

Sorry to ruin your holiday season and bring that up. [suicide]

I should say something nice. Seriously. 🤔

OK, VR is a classy guy. Real nice guy. Keeps his bets. Is honest. Funny too, especially when getting under DakotaT's skin [roflmao]

There. I hope that makes you feel better, amigo. 👍

Merry Christmas! Besides Packer losses [neener] , I hope you get what you want. 😇

Originally Posted by: zombieslayer 

Oh, hell yes. I love Vikesrule. He is absolutely all those things. This place is so much better for me (selfish, I know) with Nick in it.

He is still almost as big of an asshole as me- And I'm still in wonderment as to why command authority let a semi-civillian squid-puke behind a ma-duece in actual war-time with so many pros in-theater, lol I bet the domestic chicken population has yet to recover from that debacle in Vietnam, lol. I do respect his air-dale wing-wiper squid fucking REMF service in the 'Nam, so don't get me wrong. That's my position and I'm stickin' to it, lol In other words, PACK THAT! plus I'm still kiddin' him