Pack93z
12 years ago
Video on the hop.

Former ASU receiver Kerry Taylor blasts head coach 

by Tim Ring / 3TV Sports

azfamily.com

Posted on July 3, 2011 at 9:30 PM

Updated Monday, Jul 4 at 1:02 PM

PHOENIX - Personal and professional conflicts between a coach and player are common in sports. There isn’t a locker room in the world that doesn’t have its fair share, but what is not common are serious internal issues being aired publicly.

Kerry Taylor played four years at Arizona State University under head coach Dennis Erickson.

Perhaps unprecedented, 3TV has the case of a successful college player turning on the very head coach he went to battle for during his entire career.

Taylor knows firsthand what’s happened to the football program over the past three seasons and he passionately believes Coach Erickson is not the right man for the job.

Taylor said he wants ASU to win Pac-12 football championships and for that to happen he said a coaching change has to be made.

3TV reached out to Erickson multiple times this past week for comment. The coach declined all opportunities.

Taylor sat down with 3TV Sports and opened up about his experience under Coach Erickson and why he would tell any high school football player not to attend ASU under its current football regime.

The former wide receiver claims the ASU football program is being mismanaged by Coach Erickson. Taylor cites nepotism, apathy and the treatment of players as examples of why Erickson is not the right man for the job.

Taylor said for ASU to complete for Pac-12 championships, a head coaching change has to be made.

Taylor led the Sun Devils with 54 receptions for 699 yards and three touchdowns last year during his senior season. He was honorable mention all-conference, but wasn’t drafted in the NFL Draft.

"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
12 years ago
I think we are going to have a lot of fun with those names.

Did Ted have a sense of humor when he signed thes guys?

Gurly Man at receiver
Shakey Snuffy Smith at receiver

Insane Brandon Saine at RB.
Hosebag John Hoese at FB

Strongman Sampson Genius at Center.

Doctor M.D. Jennings at CB.

Peanut Joseph at NT

Not only are we going to have fun the press is going to have fun.

blank
beast
12 years ago

Marc Schiechl signed with the Jags... darn.

for those who don't remember, Ted visited his pro day at Colorado School of Mines ([duh] )

his numbers were siiick.

Originally Posted by: RajiRoar 

Yeah but the Packers did get two interesting potential OLBers

Jamari Lattimore, LB, Middle Tennessee State
Vic So’oto, DE, BYU

Lattimore looks kind of thin and I wonder about him against the run but he's a pass rusher and can move pretty well

So'oto (or how ever you spell it) has workout numbers like Schiechl for the most part and played at a higher level and one would think against better talent.

UserPostedImage
beast
12 years ago

Weights 238 and bench presses 225 pounds? That has to be a typo. If you can't bench press your own weight...

Originally Posted by: zombieslayer 

I read he benched 225 weight 25 times at his proday.

UserPostedImage
Pack93z
12 years ago
Another back to the mix..

Packers Sign Ohio State RB Brandon Saine 

The Green Bay Packers have agreed to terms with Ohio State running back Brandon Saine, a deal that was tweeted by his representatives at XL Sports Management on Tuesday.

Saine did not visit Green Bay before the NFL draft, but he reportedly picked the Packers over a handful of teams that were interested in acquiring him.

At the NFL combine, Saine ran the 40-yard dash in 4.40 seconds and bench-pressed 225 pounds 22 times. His vertical leap was 34.5 inches. Saine stands 5-11 and weighs 220 pounds.

College summary

Saine was a four-year contributor on offense for the Buckeyes, but he never took command of the Ohio State backfield despite all his physical traits. It didn’t help that Saine was constantly in competition with some pretty talented running backs at Ohio State. His best season in Columbus was 2009, a year in which he rushed for 739 yards and caught 17 passes for 224 yards. He was named second team All-Big Ten for his efforts.

Despite starting the 2010 season on the Doak Walker award watchlist and being named a team captain, his production dropped considerably last season. He became more of a pass-catcher in ’10, and Saine posted 23 catches for 195 yards and five touchdowns out of the backfield. His rushing numbers went from 739 yards to just 337 on 75 less carries.

Overall, Saine rushed for 1,408 yards and nine touchdowns and caught 55 passes for 616 yards and eight touchdowns in four seasons. He also has limited experience on special teams, as he returned 17 kicks for 302 yards.

Commentary

While Saine has the body type to be an every down back in the NFL, that scenario never came to fruition at Ohio State and it won’t with the Packers. He was a complimentary player with the Buckeyes and that has to be the expectation as he enters Packers camp. Saine could be an effective change of pace option, however, as he can hit the edge with his speed and is a weapon out of the backfield. His hands are also as good as you could want from a first-year back.

The Packers obviously have a crowded backfield as it stands currently, but Saine will be someone to watch in camp. The Packers offense could find a bunch of different ways to use him if he progresses down the road. Saine should be a solid practice squad possibility.

"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Zero2Cool
12 years ago
With all the undrafted rookies being signed ... and the 75k limit ... I'm guessing each is getting about 7-8k huh? lol
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
12 years ago
[aiee]

http://www.packershome.com/tabid/63/g/posts/m/185378/Undrafted-players-get-screwed-in-new-deal--by-Mike-Florio.aspx?find=lastpost#post185378 

Florio wrote that this year there is a $75,000 limit per team on total rookie free agent signing bonuses. Because of this teams won’t be able to have enough money to really go after the free agents they like with high bonuses. This is actually not the case, as I will explain.

Rockmolder
12 years ago
http://t.co/I9e5ORL 

---

Peanut! SIGN THIS MAN FOR LIFE!

Eli and Peanut. Parents with a sense of humour.
nerdmann
12 years ago

Eli and Peanut. Parents with a sense of humour.

Originally Posted by: Rockmolder 

I read Peanuts name was Elijah. Eli and Elijah!? Not only were those parents hippies, they were high!
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Pack93z
12 years ago
Taylor to wear #13.

Abstract useless tidbit. lol.
Fan Shout
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders