Pack93z
12 years ago
I am seriously unplugging the TV for the weekend.. maybe Monday things will straighten out.. but between the media running in every direction with coverage.. with players contradicting other players and NFLPA reps constantly.. with so many unknowns in this deal.. it is just sickening.

One thing I know.. the whole situation is pathetic.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Greg C.
12 years ago

Regardless of what is in the agreement that the owners voted unanimously for, I was afraid this would happen. By voting 31-0 yes, the players are not really backed into a corner. Instead, they're in a position where they hold all of the power. "You all voted unanimously to pass this. It's unfair, clearly. If you don't want to start losing preseason games, here are our demands." I'm equally skeptical of both sides right now.

Originally Posted by: MassPackersFan 

On the other hand, the fact that the owners voted 31-0 for the new deal suggests that the deal is VERY favorable to the owners. If that's the case, it's not surprising that the players didn't immediately agree to it. Do you really think the owners would be stupid enough to suddenly put the players in a position of power?

I think it's quite possible that the owners tweaked the deal in their favor, then approved it overwhelmingly so the players would look bad if they rejected it. If that's what they were trying to do, it worked like a charm. I just heard a sports talk guy on ESPN radio say that he's received a lot of angry emails about this today, and about 90% of them are against the players.

Not that I have a lot of faith in the players. I think they are kind of dumb and reactionary. But in this case they may have gotten played a little by the owners.
blank
Pack93z
12 years ago
Per E-mail to Players.. NFLPA will reconvene on Monday to discuss the options and how to proceed..

Either the NFLPA:

A) they feel pretty good about the deal and expect it to be ratified.

B) They are way apart and the "proposed" timeline and preseason game mean little and working the weekend isn't going to close the gap enough by Tuesday.

C) They are applying counter pressure on the league to "sweeten" the pot so to speak on the remaining issues.. most notably the 320 Million lost in benefits last season and an opt out clause..

Either way.. bunch of misinformation spewing from media...  like spaghetti in a blender.. one big greasy mess.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
Zero2Cool
12 years ago
At least we can sleep well knowing that the Owners and Players are apt professionals.
UserPostedImage
Pack93z
12 years ago
Yeah.. real professional..

You have Greg Aiello and Mike Silver slinging shots back and forth on twitter.. Head of the NFL PR insinuating the a well know journalist or "someone" is lying.. entertaining at least.

Wade
  • Wade
  • Veteran Member
12 years ago

At least we can sleep well knowing that the Owners and Players are apt professionals.

Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool 

Yes, but are they apt professional douchebags, or apt professional asshole fuckwits?

:)
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
Pack93z
12 years ago
I should have tuned it out before.. now the NFLPA is stating they will be working through the weekend.. lol.. more damage control for De.. what a clusterfuck.
beast
12 years ago

On the other hand, the fact that the owners voted 31-0 for the new deal suggests that the deal is VERY favorable to the owners. If that's the case, it's not surprising that the players didn't immediately agree to it. Do you really think the owners would be stupid enough to suddenly put the players in a position of power?

Originally Posted by: Greg C. 

I don't agree with your assumption about the vote. The last CBA vote was something like 30-2 and as it turned out the owners really didn't like it and opted out of it...

I think almost all the teams are going to vote for a CBA if the NFL says they think it's a very good deal ... just like the almost all the players would if the NFLPA and players reps told them it's a very good deal... seems like most just follow the leaders putting input behind the sense and then vote yes for the final deal.

And yes I do think the Owners are sometimes stupid even give up more power than they should....see the last CBA agreement... they gave up too much... which is why we're having the big battle now with the owners trying to reel the extra power they gave up back in.

UserPostedImage
Zero2Cool
12 years ago
Here's a collection of what the Packers Players are tweeting.
http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/126014453.html 
UserPostedImage
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
12 years ago
From Da Packers Boss Mark Murphy. 

Players can take a look at the deal the owners ratified on Thursday all they want.

But there will not be any more negotiations. Not according to Mark Murphy, the president of the Green Bay Packers. Murphy said in a conference call with Packers media that the owners have “put our pens down.”

It’s been reported that the players could take a vote on the tentative agreement later today. Otherwise, the issue could drag into next week with just the smallest items being argued.

“We’ve negotiated in good faith with the union. We’ve reached an agreement on all the key points,” Murphy said. “They know what we ratified and they’re voting to ratify the same thing.”

Murphy was a key member of the NFLPA during the 1982 players strike so he’s been through the labor wars in the NFL before. He’s typically measured in his public comments and this gives you an idea where the owners are coming from at this point. Now, we just wait to see what move the players make.

“I would be surprised if they don’t ratify,” Murphy said. “That’s really our hope, that they do. If they don’t, we’ll deal with that when it comes. We certainly want to have a full preseason and not miss any preseason games.”

UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Zero2Cool (15h) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (16h) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (16h) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (16h) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (16h) : 4th
Zero2Cool (16h) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (18h) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (19h) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (23h) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (23h) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
7h / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9h / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

19h / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / bboystyle

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.