Stevetarded
12 years ago

It's about time someone steps up to be a leader.
I'm very disappointed it wasn't Aaron Rodgers.
Other teams have been doing this for weeks.

Originally Posted by: yooperfan 

The only other team that hasn't is the Steelers... Perhaps much of the team is content to work out at their own places. It's not like everyone is just sitting around. If everyone is happy doing what they are doing this offseason then what good would it do to force them to come to some bogus camp that may not even be better than their own offseason workouts.

I guarantee Rodgers has talked to players about working out and probably many of them said they are fine with what they are doing. I'm glad if that's the case and he isn't simply holding a workout so he can look cool to the media. If offensive players were complaining about not being able to work out and whatnot I would see the point but I haven't seen any of that as of yet.
blank
gbguy20
12 years ago
is larry fitz doing his annual WR camp this summer?
Zero2Cool
12 years ago

is larry fitz doing his annual WR camp this summer?

Originally Posted by: gbguy20 

Yes sir. Greg Jennings brought the Packers 2nd round pick along with.

UserPostedImage
macbob
12 years ago
Darren Colledge isn't one of the ones practicing in Tenn:

http://www.idahostatesman.com/2011/06/02/1672445/whats-next-for-these-four-former.html 

What’s next for these four former Boise State football players?

by Chadd Crype

We caught up with some former Boise State football players Wednesday to chat about the NFL lockout and their futures. Here’s what we found:

-- Offensive lineman Daryn Colledge, a five-year starter for the Green Bay Packers and second-round pick in 2006, likely will be a free agent when the lockout ends. He has made two trips to visit troops — stopping at several ships in the Red Sea and Persian Gulf and the base at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba — but has spent much of the lockout in Boise, working out with former Broncos Derek Schouman, Richie Brockel and Mike Coughlin. He also does lineman drills twice a week with Boise State senior left tackle Nate Potter, who is a projected high draft pick next year. Colledge might even participate in the Broncos’ player-run practices.

“It’s fun working with the young guys,” he said. “They’re hungry and ready to get after it.” Colledge and his wife, Megan, also are expecting their first child — a daughter — in about a month. “I don’t know if I’ve been more scared and more excited in my life, ever,” Colledge said.

The birth is part of what promises to be a life-changing summer. He and Megan have a home in Green Bay and are entrenched in the community, but there’s a good chance he’ll be playing somewhere else in 2011.

“I’m in the best shape I’ve been in since maybe I was a rookie,” Colledge said. “I’m ready for the next opportunity if it’s there and, if it’s not, if it’s Green Bay, I’m ready to be the best left guard I can be for them. … The thought of leaving there would be tough.”

-- Fullback Korey Hall got married May 23 in Mexico. The newlyweds have no idea where they’ll be living in a few months. Hall could be a restricted or unrestricted free agent, depending on how the lockout is resolved.

“There’s a lot of different scenarios for me,” he said. “… If I’m restricted, they’ll probably let me come back to camp and I’ll have to earn a spot.”

Hall has been a big part of the Packers special teams for four years but doesn’t expect to be one of the team’s top priorities in free agency.

“I would hope that having the opportunity to play in the Super Bowl and be on a great team like Green Bay I’d have some marketability somewhere else,” he said. “… I’d at least like to play for a couple more years.”

-- Colledge and Hall have talked about displaying their Super Bowl rings at an event in Boise sometime this summer. They get the hardware in a private ceremony June 16 at Lambeau Field. The NFL permitted contact between the organization and players to celebrate the victory over the Pittsburgh Steelers in Super Bowl XLV.

“It’s the top of the mountain — this is what you dream about when you’re a kid,” Colledge said. “… It’s been a crazy ride. I’m excited to get the ring. I’m more excited to bring it back to Boise and get a chance to show it off and let the city of Boise see it.”

Only two other former Broncos have won Super Bowls — defensive linemen Markus Koch (twice, Redskins) and Kimo Von Oelhoffen (Steelers).

IdahoStatesman wrote:

UserPostedImage
macbob
12 years ago
http://www.espnmilwaukee.com/includes/news_items/40/news_items_more.php?id=7441§ion_id=40 

Getting the band back together

by Jason Wilde

GREEN BAY – Bryan Bulaga knows he missed out on a lot of fun – and at least a little bit of good work, too.

The Green Bay Packers second-year right tackle was supposed to join his offensive linemates for a series of workouts near Nashville, Tenn., starting on Monday, but when his flight from Chicago was canceled, he ended up bagging the trip, which was organized by center Scott Wells.

“I guess they’re having a good time,” Bulaga said Wednesday morning during an interview on Green and Gold Today. “Scott called everybody up and just said, ‘Hey, do you want to come down for three of four days to work out in the morning and then spend time together the rest of the day?’ I was waiting in O’Hare airport to fly down there. They were going to do some workouts and then do some O-line type workouts.”

While a number of teams’ players have gathered for informal practices in the absence of traditional organized team activity practices and minicamps, the offensive linemen are the first Packers position group to hold player-organized workouts during the lockout.

Wells’ trainer, Judd Granzow of M.A.D. Sports Training, ran the workouts, which included Wells, left tackle Chad Clifton (another Tennessee offseason resident), veteran right tackle Mark Tauscher, right guard Josh Sitton, and backups T.J. Lang, Marshall Newhouse and Evan Dietrich-Smith. First-round pick Derek Sherrod and sixth-round pick Caleb Schlauderaff were not part of the workouts, nor was free-agent left guard Daryn Colledge, whose wife is expecting a baby in a few weeks.

“We felt the need to get together and spend some time with one another and work out and kind of see where we’re at,” Wells said in an interview that aired on WBAY-TV, the ABC affiliate in Green Bay. “We’re able to compare ourselves to each other and make sure we’re doing adequate work wherever we are, feel like we’re in shape. It’s just good to get together.”

But the time the group spent together wasn’t all work and no play.

“We’re out here shooting some hoops together, some very low-key games of H-O-R-S-E, nothing high-impact, playing some golf, just eating dinner together and spending some time breaking up this long offseason that’s been full of stress,” Wells said.

NFL players are prohibited from working out at team facilities during the lockout, but quarterback Aaron Rodgers said last month that if the lockout continues – as it is expected to after the U.S. Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals hears the latest legal arguments on Friday – the team will likely have to gather for more extensive workouts in lieu of the traditional offseason practices.

A number of players will be back in Wisconsin later this week for wide receiver Donald Driver's annual charity softball game on Sunday in Grand Chute, and the players are slated to receive their Super Bowl rings on June 16 at a ceremony inside the Lambeau Field atrium.

540ESPNMilwaukee wrote:

UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Martha Careful (22h) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
17m / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.