Dulak
13 years ago

I could care less who or why, I just want the production.

"doddpower" wrote:

ya I Agree - although I do like jenkins as a player; this is a business afterall ... The point being; we had a right side with jenkins pushing it and a left with matthews mainly at.

someone or someones got to step up.

Our dline is sort of looking a bit shaky; and its quite important in a 3-4.

If I had to pick between jones and jenkins; Id go with jenkins (and I Really like jones on our team) - its just IMO our dline needs it; unless there is a proven guy to take his place.
13 years ago
I just wanted to do the math and see what happened, so...

Regular season games only-
Average Points Allowed in Games With Jenkins in 2011- 14.4
Average Points Allowed in Games Without Jenkins in 2011- 16.4

That's a really small sample size, but it is what it is. Of course we didn't have Mike Neal in most of those games either, so he should help out next year if healthy.
shield4life
13 years ago
I think not re-signing Jenkins is a huge mistake for the D-line. Ryan Picket i not getting younger and Jenkins is crucial in pass rush and run defense. If Jenkins leaves I don't see anyone stepping up in his place.
Glad To Be A Packers Fan.
doddpower
13 years ago

I think not re-signing Jenkins is a huge mistake for the D-line. Ryan Picket i not getting younger and Jenkins is crucial in pass rush and run defense. If Jenkins leaves I don't see anyone stepping up in his place.

"shield4life" wrote:

So you don't think Neal will be very effective?
doddpower
13 years ago

I could care less who or why, I just want the production.

"Dulak" wrote:

ya I Agree - although I do like jenkins as a player; this is a business afterall ... The point being; we had a right side with jenkins pushing it and a left with matthews mainly at.

someone or someones got to step up.

Our dline is sort of looking a bit shaky; and its quite important in a 3-4.

If I had to pick between jones and jenkins; Id go with jenkins (and I Really like jones on our team) - its just IMO our dline needs it; unless there is a proven guy to take his place.

"doddpower" wrote:

I mean, sure I like the guy. He seems like a pretty cool guy. Little whacky and fun, which I dig. However, ultimately, that means very little to me as I care about my team winning games above all else. After all, it is the purpose of the game. Jenkins doesn't have to worry about that though as he's a "cool" guy that still produces on the field. He'll have a decent few years left in him at worse as long as the serious injury bug stays away (which is the obviously the case for all players as far as injuries are concerned).
macbob
13 years ago

What if he goes to another team and goes down with a season-ending injury in Week 2? How will you feel then?

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

I'll still feel sad.

Said I agreed with the decision, so what's your problem?

I felt sad when Reggie White reached the end, felt sad when Leroy Butler reached the end, I'll feel sad when Greg Jennings reaches the end, and I'll feel sad when Aaron Rodgers reaches the end.

Also makes me sad that apparently people are no longer allowed to regret seeing productive players reaching the end of their careers.

I WON'T feel sad when Justin Harrell reaches the end.

Bite me. :ahole:
UserPostedImage
13 years ago

Ryan Picket i not getting younger and Jenkins is crucial in pass rush and run defense.

"shield4life" wrote:

Jenkins is only 1 year younger than Pickett, and he has had more injury issues.

Not saying I wouldn't love to see Jenkins re-sign, but I like the thought of Mike Neal too.
Nonstopdrivel
13 years ago

"macbob" wrote:

Only if you shower first. :violent3:
UserPostedImage
macbob
13 years ago

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

Only if you shower first. :violent3:

"macbob" wrote:

lol...

will have to wait until after we next win the SB then... 🙂
UserPostedImage
macbob
13 years ago
I don't get the boxing thing. Football players are already in danger of concussions, etc from football. Why do something in the off season that would expose you to more blows to the head???

http://blogs.nfl.com/2011/05/11/a-few-minutes-with-cullen-jenkins/ 

A few minutes with Cullen Jenkins

by Frank Tadych

Cullen Jenkins made a recent visit to NFL Network studios in Los Angeles, sharing his thoughts on returning to the Packers, Aaron Rodgers and being shirtless at Lambeau Field:

Lets start with your free-agent status. Do you want to be back with the Packers?
CJ: I do. Obviously thats where Ive been my whole career. In a perfect world, you can finish out your career where you start. Its one of those things you only have so much control over. You have to see how everything plays out and let the system work its course.

Can you make an argument for Rodgers being the best quarterback in the NFL?
CJ: Definitely. Hes still young, too. When you look at a lot of the quarterbacks in that conversation, like Peyton Manning and Tom Brady, theyre getting older. Aaron is still on the upside of his career and has a lot more football ahead of him. Hes still getting better, and whats amazing about him is how he turns it up a notch in the playoffs. What hes done the last couple of years in the playoffs is pretty incredible, to be able to have that poise and composure. I think a lot of that comes from being around Brett Favre so much and having the chance to develop mentally before he was thrown in the fire.

Tell me the single biggest reason why you won the Super Bowl.
CJ: I would have to say the one thing that got us back on track was the fumble caused by Clay Matthews and Ryan Pickett. We came out strong in the first half and were on pace for a good game, but then had the unfortunate injuries to Charles Woodson and Donald Driver. Were not the oldest team, so that had a big impact on the mentality of the team at halftime. We got word they were out, and you could see (the reaction) on everyones faces. Things started going downhill during the third quarter. They were surging on us. They could have taken the lead on that drive, but when we got that fumble we got it going again. That was the changing point, right there, to give us the confidence and boost we needed.

Who was the unsung hero of last years team?
CJ: I would say Sam Shields and the job he did as an undrafted rookie. Most guys would be happy to make the team and just be inactive, but he was our starting nickel back, did some returns, and started after the injuries. He even played through an injury during the Super Bowl. The year he had, coming out of the blue like that, really helped us out. He stepped up for us.

Theres been talk of the Packers repeating since that game ended. Thoughts?
CJ: They certainly have the foundation. Its just a matter of guys not getting comfortable, because they definitely have the talent and all the right players and coaching. Guys just cant get complacent and think its going to just come now. You have to know you have to keep working for it.

Theres lots of downtime during the lockout, and I know youre an avid fisherman. Whats the biggest thing youve ever pulled out of the water?
CJ: That would be a 9-foot-1 inch hammerhead shark off the coast of Fort Lauderdale, Fla. We were out on a charter boat pretty much the whole day. We werent getting any bites, and the captain was trying to figure out why, so we dropped a line down to see if there were any sharks in the area. Its mounted at my uncles house. My wife wouldnt let me keep it in the house!

Youve been boxing as part of your offseason training. Thats in vogue right now among NFL players any real fights in your future?
CJ: Its funny because my trainer, from the minute I walked in, he saw I could move well and has been trying to persuade me to do it. But I cant risk getting hurt. I have to be smart about what Im doing. But the competitor in you wants to try it, wants to see how you would do. But at the same time, after a few rounds Im so tired, and my arms are so tired after punching. Its a whole different monster.

Last, but certainly not least: What do you think about the shirtless fans at Lambeau Field in the middle of winter?
CJ: Those people are crazy! They have the shirtless fans, the bikini girls, its crazy out there. They get some alcohol in them and dont even feel the cold! Its good, though. Its a great environment. We feed off of it, and the players appreciate it. I dont think youll see me ever doing that.

NFL.com wrote:

UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Martha Careful (16h) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (18h) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
5h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

18h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.