Dexter_Sinister
13 years ago
The funny thing is, Harvin would be incredible in the Packers Offense. Way more impact than in MN. With Rodgers throwing to him and all the attention that Jennings, Driver, Finley and the other will get, that would leave nickel and dimes covering him.

We don't need that 10th of a second in the 40 that Harvin is faster. That 2 hundreths of a second difference in the 20 is where he will be making his living. Quick will be more important than fast.
I want to go out like my Grandpa did. Peacefully in his sleep.
Not screaming in terror like his passengers.
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
13 years ago

Randall Cobb wears Percy Harvin pajamas....although he had to get the "little guys" size. :icon_smile:

Actually, it should be interesting to see how/if he develops.

"macbob" wrote:

I'll be very, very happy if he continues to receive Percy Harvin comparisons...

"vikesrule" wrote:

Isn't it great that we are comparing GB's 3-4th best WR to Minney's top one?
UserPostedImage
mi_keys
13 years ago

2) I agree with some of this but not all. Bunch sets, stack looks and use pre-snap motion sure why not... but use him as a RB? ... why not just use Grant, Starks and Green as RBs? ... Starks and Green can catch...

"beast" wrote:

While I agree to an extent, I'm wondering if we might bring Cobb in a package that has no running backs, line up showing nothing but pass and then have Cobb go in motion into the backfield.

I think that might open the possibility to run a draw if the defense has sold out in terms of personnel for stopping the pass. Anyway, I wouldn't be opposed to him running on occasion as long as it was something creative and designed to keep the defense just that much more uncertain.
Born and bred a cheesehead
Dulak
13 years ago
I dont like it that we are moving up the kick off 5 yards ... poor Ko guys cant kick so far then thats their problem; and because teams cant tackle other players then oh well ...

I do agree with the no wedges - Id actually prefer there was 0 wedges and not even 3 man ones Ive seen.

KOs IMO are one of the most exciting aspects of the game; ya I know peeps get hurt ... but so do peeps catching touchdown passes; we going to take that away? can only run em in?
vikesrule
13 years ago

"wpr' wrote:

You mean GB's PROSPECTIVE #3- 4 WR.

Harvin is proven, whereas Cobb has yet to prove squat in the NFL.
I'm bettin' he comes up "short" :icon_smile:
Pack93z
  • Pack93z
  • Select Member Topic Starter
13 years ago
When Harvin is on the field.. he is a talented player no doubt. Lets hope our "runt" of a WR can stay on the field more than Percy.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member
13 years ago

"vikesrule" wrote:

"wpr' wrote:

I was trying to give you the benefit of the doubt by calling him 3 or 4. It is possible that Cobb could be the 5th WR and 6-7 best when adding in TEs.

Isn't it amazing that someone so far down on the list for GB is nearly as good as the best Minn has to offer.

Doesn't that make you green with envy? :onfloor:
UserPostedImage
Dexter_Sinister
13 years ago

"vikesrule" wrote:

"wpr' wrote:

I don't get the short cracks on Cobb. Since his is the same height as Harvin. Since he actually weighs more than Harvin, we could crack on Percival for being a light weight.
I want to go out like my Grandpa did. Peacefully in his sleep.
Not screaming in terror like his passengers.
Pack93z
  • Pack93z
  • Select Member Topic Starter
13 years ago

2) I agree with some of this but not all. Bunch sets, stack looks and use pre-snap motion sure why not... but use him as a RB? ... why not just use Grant, Starks and Green as RBs? ... Starks and Green can catch... .

"beast" wrote:

Why not?

Cobb is something Grant and Starks don't seem to be.. overtly elusive in the open field.. so you place Cobb in the backfield to stretch the defense from sideline to sideline horizontally upon the field and let him work in open space.

I wouldn't line him up out of the backfield very many snaps a game.. but as a wrinkle.. especially in 3rd and mid to long situations.. it would apply more pressure upon the defense. I don't see it as a bad thing at all.

Earmarked as a slash type player.
"The oranges are dry; the apples are mealy; and the papayas... I don't know what's going on with the papayas!"
vikesrule
13 years ago

"Dexter_Sinister" wrote:

"vikesrule" wrote:

I don't get the short cracks on Cobb. Since his is the same height as Harvin. Since he actually weighs more than Harvin, we could crack on Percival for being a light weight.

"wpr' wrote:

Work with me here Dexter, work with me.... I'm a freakin" Vikings fan on a cheesehead forum. ::wink:

NFL Combine

Percy Harvin
Height: 5'11"
Weight: 192 lbs.
College: Florida
Percy Harvin 

Randall Cobb
Height: 5'10"
Weight: 191 lbs.
College: Kentucky
Randall Cobb 

So Cobb is slightly shorter and a touch less weight and a whole hell of a lot less talent.
However, Cobb will gain the weight advantage , cause ridin" the pine will put on the pounds

As far as you calling a Harvin a "light weight"...ya right, that one will fly.

[youtube]OvVLnD8JdAw[/youtube]
Fan Shout
beast (17-May) : Not sure why a players views reflect on GB... instead of simply on the player
Martha Careful (17-May) : I bet some of us have had 6+ mRNA jabs, a UKR flag on our walls, and still think Fauci has a thread of integrity
Zero2Cool (16-May) : From what I've read, it's all Jets , not us.
CanPackFan (16-May) : Will there ever be a time when Rodgers' whacko views will not reflect on GB? He is the past, thank god.
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Jan 4th gonna be rough with that start time lol
Zero2Cool (16-May) : Packers schedule listed. Boom.
buckeyepackfan (15-May) : Let the leaks begin. Colts @ Packers week 2, Vikings @ Packers week 4
Zero2Cool (14-May) : WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Bills
Zero2Cool (14-May) : Jets and Aaron Rodgers open up on Monday Night Football,
Zero2Cool (13-May) : $170 guaranteed. This might impact Jordan Love
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Lions are signing QB Jared Goff to a four-year, $212 million extension
Zero2Cool (13-May) : I know we moved on. That tidbit just makes me a touch happier.
Zero2Cool (13-May) : Sources spoke of many, many times last summer where Hackett called a play, then Rodgers changed it completely at the line
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2024 Packers Schedule
Friday, Sep 6 @ 7:15 PM
Eagles
Sunday, Sep 15 @ 12:00 PM
COLTS
Sunday, Sep 22 @ 12:00 PM
Titans
Sunday, Sep 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Oct 6 @ 3:25 PM
Rams
Sunday, Oct 13 @ 12:00 PM
CARDINALS
Sunday, Oct 20 @ 12:00 PM
TEXANS
Sunday, Oct 27 @ 12:00 PM
Jaguars
Sunday, Nov 3 @ 3:25 PM
LIONS
Sunday, Nov 17 @ 12:00 PM
Bears
Sunday, Nov 24 @ 3:25 PM
49ERS
Thursday, Nov 28 @ 7:20 PM
DOLPHINS
Thursday, Dec 5 @ 7:15 PM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 15 @ 7:20 PM
Seahawks
Monday, Dec 23 @ 7:15 PM
SAINTS
Sunday, Dec 29 @ 12:00 PM
Vikings
Saturday, Jan 4 @ 11:00 PM
BEARS
Recent Topics
6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

6h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10h / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

18-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

15-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / dhazer

13-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

12-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

11-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.