zombieslayer
13 years ago

I'm lost as to what our thread is about anymore other than beat the shit out of me. You guys might have forgotton that North Dakotans know quite a bit about the radical right. After all Gordon Kahl lived less than a hundred miles from me and his group called the Posse Comitatus is alive and well and I'm sure in full support of its more politically correct cousin the Tea party.

Just what we all need Zombie - radical people, without educations, hanging on to and exercising their right to bear arms. Should be fun to watch the next 20 years play out.

It's been fun riling you guys up, when's the draft.

"DakotaT" wrote:

And we know a lot about the radical left being here in California. Let's not forget I went to HS not too far from where that guy was dragged by those idiots in the truck. I know plenty about the radical right too.

Another, education is no guarantee of intelligence or common sense. Frank Baum understood that very well.

Adults should make their own decisions. I'm was neither scared of the radical left nor the radical right. In this country, they're noisemakers. We're not going to have a bloody revolution any time soon, despite your fears. People here are too indifferent.

And 4Pack - I gave you a +1.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
DakotaT
13 years ago
I always thought a slapnuts was whoever Jeff Jarrett the wrestler was in argument with. Now it's what we call applaud points? Seems fitting.

And 4Pack sweets, what the fuck kind of parents get drunk in the precsence of their children and why would they even want to be driven home by the kids in that condition? That topic sounds pretty fucked up all the way around.
UserPostedImage
Cheesey
13 years ago
I'm against cutting the spending on national defense.
The reason? Hoping that we never need it. Anyone that wants to attack us will think twice if they know they will have to pay for it. But if we don't have a strong military, we would be easy pickings.
The reason i keep a loaded gun in the house is in the hopes that i NEVER have to use it. But need it ONCE, and not have it, and you are screwed.
My 80 year old aunt packs. And has been trained how to use it. She LOOKS like she'd be an easy target......but i "pity the fool" that tries to attack her! LOL!
UserPostedImage
porky88
13 years ago

I'm against cutting the spending on national defense.
The reason? Hoping that we never need it. Anyone that wants to attack us will think twice if they know they will have to pay for it. But if we don't have a strong military, we would be easy pickings.
The reason i keep a loaded gun in the house is in the hopes that i NEVER have to use it. But need it ONCE, and not have it, and you are screwed.
My 80 year old aunt packs. And has been trained how to use it. She LOOKS like she'd be an easy target......but i "pity the fool" that tries to attack her! LOL!

"Cheesey" wrote:

It is inevitable that someone will hit America again. Eventually, time catches up and nobody is invincible. If someone truly hates you, they will attack without caring about repercussions. Right now, America is fighting enemies that do not care if they die.

Still, there is a misconception that cutting defense will weaken the military mite of the USA. It won't. The American navy has shrunk since the Cold War. I read that its still bigger than like the next 10 (give or take) combined.

Defense spending is out of control. It started under Bush and worsened under Obama. During Reagan, it was 500-510 billion a year with adjusted inflation. We spent almost 700B last year.

Cutting some of that is not going to enable terrorists to attack America or setup a potential Chinese invasion.

You can cut all entitlements and the budget will not be balance. Though I heard this from Rand Paul I think. His figures could be way off for all I know. Nonetheless, if you are against cutting defense spending, then you have to look at Medicare, Medicaid, and social security. If not that, you have to raise taxes I suppose. Otherwise, you will not balance the budget. Getting rid of welfare alone does not do it.
zombieslayer
13 years ago
Cheesey - You should know by now that throwing money at the government doesn't fix problems. You can double or triple the defense budget and we'd still be vulnerable.

You want to know how to be less vulnerable? I'll tell you. Pull our forces out of everywhere. Eliminate foreign aid and military aid to everyone. Give everyone in the country a shotgun or machine gun. And you can cut military spending by half and your security would be twice as good as before.

Of course, any politician who would say that would lose.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
Nonstopdrivel
13 years ago
History doesn't really show that gigantic militaries make nations safer (every nation with a great military has eventually fallen, after all), but it certainly shows one thing: When a nation maintains a standing army, its leaders will always, always, always find an excuse to use it -- usually overseas on politically driven missions that serve only the interests of the leaders themselves and provide no substantive benefit to the nation of the whole.

There is an old saying: Si vis pacem, para bellum. "If you would have peace, prepare for war."

False. If you prepare for war, you will have war. Period. The longest period of peace in the history of mankind -- over a millennium  -- was enjoyed by a civilization that never had any sort of military at all. By contrast, our country hasn't had a full decade of peacetime in over a century.

Maybe our ancestors over 5,000 years ago knew something we still haven't managed to figure out.
UserPostedImage
zombieslayer
13 years ago
I've been saying that for over a decade now NSD. We shouldn't have much of a standing army at all, yet every American family (except Quakers and registered Conscientious Objectors) should be armed. Of course let's not forget pull us out of everywhere and stop taking sides and we'll rarely if ever get attacked.

Weird how that works, but that's what history has told us.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
DakotaT
13 years ago

I've been saying that for over a decade now NSD. We shouldn't have much of a standing army at all, yet every American family (except Quakers and registered Conscientious Objectors) should be armed. Of course let's not forget pull us out of everywhere and stop taking sides and we'll rarely if ever get attacked.

Weird how that works, but that's what history has told us.

"zombieslayer" wrote:

There should be a mandatory intelligence requirement and psychological competncy to own a weapon. I hunt and kill animals every year, but I don't belong to the NRA because I disagree with everyone having the right to bear arms.

And here you thought we were all cool again with the Vegas trip right?
UserPostedImage
Nonstopdrivel
13 years ago
DakotaT
13 years ago

Sounds good to me. After all, intelligent people never commit violent crimes .

"Nonstopdrivel" wrote:

Now you're just trying to piss me off. I think sociopaths would be disqualified under the psychologically competent criteria. We'll just keep electing them to the US Congress.
UserPostedImage