Greg C.
13 years ago

I think Collins and Burnett are the most talented Safeties the Packers have... but I think there is a minor problem... they're both FS... and ether one would be playing out of position at SS.

So I'm glad to have a true SS locked up on the roster now with Peprah and he didn't make mistakes. Collins and Burnett were both making the problem of over pursuing/over running guys and giving them a great cut back lane early in the season Burnett was the worse at it... it looked like he didn't want to attack guys head on but at an angle. Just something that needs to be fixed up... but he was a rookie with a lot of talent so he should get the time to fix it up...

"beast" wrote:

Nicely said. I think Peprah was better than Burnett. He brought toughness to the secondary, just as Desmond Bishop brought a little more toughness to the linebacking corps. Players like this don't get a lot of glory, but they free up the playmakers to do their thing.
blank
DakotaT
  • DakotaT
  • Select Member Topic Starter
13 years ago
I saw Peprah get toasted a few times, where a capable QB would have had 6 points; but for the most part Charlie is a solid, assignment sure safety who brings his lunch pail every day. Championship teams are full of players like these.
UserPostedImage
13 years ago
Before training camp I thought he didn't stand a chance of making the final roster.

Injuries gave him a chance to play and he played well.
Good players stay and those that do not play well aren't kept and they find work elsewhere.
blank
zombieslayer
13 years ago

I think Collins and Burnett are the most talented Safeties the Packers have... but I think there is a minor problem... they're both FS... and ether one would be playing out of position at SS.

So I'm glad to have a true SS locked up on the roster now with Peprah and he didn't make mistakes. Collins and Burnett were both making the problem of over pursuing/over running guys and giving them a great cut back lane early in the season Burnett was the worse at it... it looked like he didn't want to attack guys head on but at an angle. Just something that needs to be fixed up... but he was a rookie with a lot of talent so he should get the time to fix it up...

"beast" wrote:

Collins is elite as a FS. I'd keep him there and let's not forget that Woody can play either Safety position in a pinch.

We're in a good situation right now at S.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
Kingkoopa
13 years ago

"Greg C." wrote:

Nicely said. I think Peprah was better than Burnett.

"beast" wrote:

Agreed. I think the two biggest upgrades were Bishop over Barnett and Peprah over Burnett. That was when the defense finally started clicking. As crazy as it sounds, that injury might have really helped Burnett IMO. It gave him time to watch and to learn the playbook. From watching him early in the season, he frankly looked lost. I saw numerous plays where Collins had to tell him where to line up and play. Perhaps, next year we will see his physicality take over, since he won't be thinking so much. Since, it has been said, that a player can't let his natural physical talent take over, until he stops thinking.
blank
Zero2Cool
13 years ago
Head to Head, I believe Burnett will top Peprah. I think he has a higher ceiling. As a Rookie this year comparing him to Peprah, yes, Peprah was better at tackling, but I'd be inclined to say Burnett topped him in ball location.
UserPostedImage
earthquake
13 years ago
I too am a bit worried about having two FS type players, so I'm really happy with the Peprah signing.
blank
beast
13 years ago

I'd keep him there and let's not forget that Woody can play either Safety position in a pinch.

"zombieslayer" wrote:

Honestly I hated watching Woodson play SS when he did last year. Don't get me wrong he did his job and did it well, but it was like playing to his weaknesses instead of his strengths, he got the job done, I don't think it looked pretty and there are much better ways to use him.

Also Woodson usually doesn't tackle guys the normal way... he finds the least physical way to do, which normally I don't like because it normally means your gonna miss more tackles... but it's like Woodson knows the secret areas to hit and grab onto and almost always gets the tackle... but normally he goes very low or very high... getting a knee or foot, or jumping on the guys shoulder pads and using his weight, balance and spining to knock the other guy off his balance.

For me, this year Woodson is a great nickel CB. Wasn't great at other things. I'd want to keep him at CB. Also Shields is doing fine for a rookie but they're also giving him more help with Collins I think.
UserPostedImage
beast
13 years ago

Head to Head, I believe Burnett will top Peprah. I think he has a higher ceiling. As a Rookie this year comparing him to Peprah, yes, Peprah was better at tackling, but I'd be inclined to say Burnett topped him in ball location.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

When it came to ball location Burnett might of topped the whole team...

Part of it is because he plays Safety which gives him more room to sit and watch the QB, while the other guys have to react faster playing closer to the line, the other part was he was just darn good at it...

Like I said I think he's a FS... and I think the Packers normally switch up their S some and ask them to play some FS and some SS but they did use Collins at SS in some packages.

I remember one where they had the nickel package in so 2-4-5 ... but the OLBers moved up to the DL and Collins moved up to the ILBers giving it a 4-3 look...

that was before Burnett got injured.
UserPostedImage
Fan Shout
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Thanks Mucky and whomever created topcos for each pick!
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : Insane about Kingsley
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Putring it here so Mucky sees it. He was our guy!
dfosterf (28-Apr) : Bowden long snapper Wisconsin. Consensus best LS in college.
dfosterf (28-Apr) : We got Peter Bowde
dfosterf (28-Apr) : I personally interpret that as a partial tear that can be recovered from with rehab
dfosterf (28-Apr) : MLF said Kingsley Enagbare did NOT tear his ACL and did NOT require surgery, and that he is "looking good" for the 2024 season!
beast (28-Apr) : T.O. son signs with the 49ers
Mucky Tundra (28-Apr) : damn those vikings
beast (27-Apr) : UDFA Vikings sign TE – Trey Knox, South Carolina
beast (27-Apr) : Kitchen was all high from Miami, he was more lucky than talented in 2022 and it showed in 2023
beast (27-Apr) : Reportedly Packers have UDFAs Jennings and Jones
beast (27-Apr) : OL – Donovan Jennings, USF OT – Trente Jones, Michigan
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : Interesting draft. A bit shocked that we didn't select an early CB. Definitely have Safety help. Pretty happy overall.
dhazer (27-Apr) : wow the last 2 picks are really stupid and probably will be special teams players Top 10 draft pick next year book it
TheKanataThrilla (27-Apr) : I think he ended up with a terrible RAS score
dhazer (27-Apr) : Anyone know what went on with Kitchens from Florida? At 1 point he was to be the Packers 1st round and he is way down the board now
Martha Careful (27-Apr) : Z, could you please combine my thread with yours please. I obviously did not see it when I Created it
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Re: 'Kool-Aid' McKinstry. Other than Icky Woods, has there ever been a good NFLer with a childish nickname?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Packers looking to trade up
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Flag?
Martha Careful (26-Apr) : Sag?
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : It rhymes with "bag."
beast (26-Apr) : Family? That's Deadpool's F word
Nonstopdrivel (26-Apr) : Not THAT f-word.
Zero2Cool (26-Apr) : fuck
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
15h / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

17h / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

19h / Packers Draft Threads / beast

19h / Packers Draft Threads / beast

23h / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

23h / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / bboystyle

4-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Zero2Cool

3-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / go.pack.go.

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.