Dulak
13 years ago

Think of it this way.

The Packers don't have a first round pick but have the top pick in round 2.

Think of them as having the top pick in each round except the first.

"CaliforniaCheez" wrote:

ya true - I think the steelers got evander hood the year after they won the SB; he turned out pretty good.

guess its pretty hard to specualte for us thou and what we might draft since we are way down there (as far as which player) ... we seem to have a pretty good idea what we need. But like last year we all thought we'd grab a OLB and a corner and we got neither ...

cant say our ROLB played too bad but perhaps could of been better? ... and as corner who would of expected shields to come off so good ... still envious of haden thou.

By how many different guys we had receiving KR/PR you would think Ted Thompson would get it we need someone special back there for their primary job is to do that (and then also do another like corner/wr/rb etc ...)

Funny last year our Dline was most worrysome - but if all our guys come back from IR and suspension; we are totally stacked at Dline.

Hoping finley comes back - we barely used our TEs this year after he went out. Year before finley often had yards close to a WR or more ...

I do like crabtrees aggressiveness (loved that SB knockdown play - would of hated the penalty call thou).

Im still not impressed with quarless - dont care what place we drafted him at; I dont see anything special for being in a elite group of receivers like our team is.

I know Id like a solid Oline guy - maybe 2nd-4th round.

not sold on swain; interesting we didnt see much action out of him on offense this year' saw him a fair amount on ST thou.

The guy that did our pass D matrics ... ya obvious we need another corner. Bush might be good at ST but not as a corner and wonder about Lee ... screw underwood - why did you guys like him anyways just because he is skinny as a beanpole and often out of position? (lol).

Wish burnett could play corner; liked his style. By the way - whom mentioned we need a safety? ... if anything we got way too many good guys. Collins, peprah, burnett, smith (ya you know we liked this guy in preseason), and bigby - and he was our starting 1 year ago.

IMO all those guys could play for us at starter level ... could say the same for our corners.

anyways - thats it for me
Mckennj3
13 years ago
I think we could definitely use some safety depth, obviously not a starter because I like both Collins and Burnett. But I think someone will overpay Peprah which is acceptable, Bigby hasn't shown a damn thing since his one breakout year 3 years ago, and cannot stay on the field (also a FA), could be wrong but i'm pretty sure Smith is a FA too, so were basically down to 2 solid safeties with one coming off a season ending injury.
Peprah would be the only safety I want resigned, and I doubt after starting for a season on a superbowl team he would be happy about being beaten out of a starting role by some kid with only 3 games experience.
We are born naked, wet and hungry. Then things get worse.
wpr
  • wpr
  • Preferred Member Topic Starter
13 years ago
Can you imagine how much more potenent the offense would be if they had a great return man?
If GB could begin a drive out around the 40 yard line they would put up 40 points a game.
UserPostedImage
13 years ago
My early prediction is that the Packers draft Vincent Brown in the 3rd round. He just seems like the kind of WR our staff loves. Very productive, plays bigger than his measurables, good hands, lot of experience.
UserPostedImage
Packers_Finland
13 years ago

My early prediction is that the Packers draft Vincent Brown in the 3rd round. He just seems like the kind of WR our staff loves. Very productive, plays bigger than his measurables, good hands, lot of experience.

"MassPackersFan" wrote:

Vincent Brown has problems getting open though, despite his solid hands. I wouldn't use a pick higher than a 4th for him.
This is a placeholder
13 years ago
He doesn't have a high end burst, if that's what you mean. The film I was able to find on him, I liked his first step off the LOS and he seemed to run decent routes.
UserPostedImage
Yerko
13 years ago
UserPostedImage
Groom as an opposite OLB from Clay? Never know, Clay was supposed to be the worst out of the 3 linebackers coming from USC and look how he turned out.
..just a thought.

I really think the Packers need to hit the OL first and foremost. Grab a solid guy for the inside. If Colledge leaves, this is definitely a need. I think Lang takes over though, which would allow this rookie to get better (unless he is already better).
Dream: Mike Pouncey of course, but he will be gone.

If not inside then may as well grab a guy that can play tackle for the future. Clifton is still very highly injury prone so this might not be a bad idea.

WR would probably be the Packers next best bet. I give Driver another year, but with the possibility of James Jones going somewhere else, Pack can be left thin at WR. I'd be interested in someone like Titus Young (Boise State). Thinking of a wide receiver like A.J. Green or Julio Jones is a dream. Those two guys would be difference makers for the Packers receiving group. Their size alone would help and to think of one of them on the field with Jennings, Jordy and Finley/Driver is a nice thought (pending JJ being gone).

CB is always a priority. I would like to bring up this name and don't shoot me for it, Chimdi Chekwa (Ohio State). As of now, he is injured (wrist) and is projected at 3rd round (pre-combine). I think the injury keeps him low and the Packers can use someone like this.
UserPostedImage
Packers_Finland
13 years ago
I don't think there's no chance Pouncey will be there. I don't see a single team that would need him in the first round over some other prospect.
This is a placeholder
DakotaT
13 years ago
I was actually hoping to use Barnett or Flynn to move up in the first round and get Pouncey.

I keep going back and forth in my mind on whether or not we should keep Colledge. He's better than anything we have and draft picks are never locks. We have a winning line right now, why mess that up?

I have my doubts Uncle Ted is going to pay him what he wants and we sure aren't about to franchise tag the guy, so I'm thinking Colledge is gone.
UserPostedImage
yooperfan
13 years ago

We do have one glaring need, and that is a legitimate returner. You do not temp the injury Gods by trotting out your starting and nickel corners to do that work. We played with fire all year and we are damn lucky we didn't get burned.

"DakotaT" wrote:

I would like Ted to go all out for a return guy as well. That has been a huge weakness for awhile now and I think this would be the perfect time to address that issue. After that we still need more OL help.
Fan Shout
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
46m / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

49m / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.