DakotaT
13 years ago

also Im imagining next season once we get grant, finley, and our whole Dline and burnett back. We almost dont need to draft well have so many players returning to a SB winning team.

"Dulak" wrote:

This is the year we need to trade up and target specific needs. I so want that Pouncey kid for LG. We also need a return man.
UserPostedImage
Dulak
13 years ago

also Im imagining next season once we get grant, finley, and our whole Dline and burnett back. We almost dont need to draft well have so many players returning to a SB winning team.

"DakotaT" wrote:

This is the year we need to trade up and target specific needs. I so want that Pouncey kid for LG. We also need a return man.

"Dulak" wrote:

yes a return man - KR and PR; not some make shift dudes ... like a danny woodhead cough ... I wonder if well try to fill in a Oline position again for our 1st round ...

not even sure we need a ROLB; zombo and walden seem pretty good to me - not sure wed get someone better but who knows.
zombieslayer
13 years ago

got to agree - Im predicting at least a 2 TD lead over the steelers and us keeping that unless Mike McCarthy goes soft and lets em get 1 TD in the end...

"Dulak" wrote:

See, this is what I'm afraid of. For the record, I'm a Mike McCarthy fan. But NOBODY is perfect and his flaw is he won't step on the throat of a man on the ground.

When the team is down, kill them. Mike McCarthy rarely does that. He has, but he needs to do it more.

I like what Finny said about going after the "other" CBs.

Dakota is right on as well. Look at the Saints and the Pats games predominantly. Not so much the whole season but just these two games.

The Patriots are a passing team. They beat the Steelers 39-26 and 23 of the Steelers points came in the 4th Q. Belichick passed, passed, then passed some more. Haven't gotten to the play-by-play yet but I'm guessing most of the rushing came in the 4th Q. Pats threw 43 times vs 24 rushes. Their lone rushing TD was Tom Brady.

Same thing with the Saints. 44 passes vs 21 rushes and 3 of those rushes were Drew Brees downing the ball to end the game.

Air it out. Yes, Starks will get 15+ carries. As he SHOULD. But I also want to see Aaron throw it 40+ times like Brady and Brees did.

I want to win this game. Steelers have the NFL's #1 D. They're #1 against the run and #12 against the pass.

I'm confident though that Mike McCarthy will know what to do. Don't be surprised if it's Jordy or Jones with huge games.
My man Donald Driver
UserPostedImage
(thanks to Pack93z for the pic)
2010 will be seen as the beginning of the new Packers dynasty. 🇹🇹 🇲🇲 🇦🇷
Zero2Cool
13 years ago

I'm not disputing it, but I've never heard Ike Taylor called a shutdown corner before.

"Packers_Finland" wrote:

I'm not saying shutdown corner as in Champ, Revis or Asomugha, but Ike Taylor has allowed less than 55% pass completion and only 1 touchdown this season. That's some good ball right there.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

What's that compared to the Packers top three CB's?
UserPostedImage
Packers_Finland
13 years ago

I'm not disputing it, but I've never heard Ike Taylor called a shutdown corner before.

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

I'm not saying shutdown corner as in Champ, Revis or Asomugha, but Ike Taylor has allowed less than 55% pass completion and only 1 touchdown this season. That's some good ball right there.

"Packers_Finland" wrote:

What's that compared to the Packers top three CB's?

"Zero2Cool" wrote:

Nothing really. I'm just pointing out that since one Steelers CB is decent and the rest suck ass, let's throw at the ones who suck ass.
This is a placeholder
Zero2Cool
13 years ago

Nothing really. I'm just pointing out that since one Steelers CB is decent and the rest suck ass, let's throw at the ones who suck ass.

"Packers_Finland" wrote:

I'm assuming since you're a Packers fan, you'd know the same information for the Packers CB's, that's what I'm looking for to compare against shut down corner, Ike Taylor. 🙂
UserPostedImage
Packers_Finland
13 years ago

ESPN's statistician was on this morning. He said in the playoffs this year the team that has both more rushing attempts and more rushing yards has won EVERY Playoff game.

The Packers outrushed the Eagles, Falcons, and Bears.

I am not concerned.

"CaliforniaCheez" wrote:

Um yeah, could that be because when a team is the lead, they tend to run the ball more?
This is a placeholder
nerdmann
13 years ago
I wouldn't mind seeing some screens either. Slow down the pass rush. Get Starks in the flat. Do those count as running plays?
“Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing. You don't do things right once in a while…you do them right all the time.”
Dulak
13 years ago

See, this is what I'm afraid of. For the record, I'm a Mike McCarthy fan. But NOBODY is perfect and his flaw is he won't step on the throat of a man on the ground.

When the team is down, kill them. Mike McCarthy rarely does that. He has, but he needs to do it more.

"zombieslayer" wrote:

I agree zombie - Mike McCarthy seems to take his foot off the gas if he goes up early; and then just goes into 'try hard mode'. Check the bears game. We stopped them quickly by being up 14 then just did nothing past that; our D is what keeps us in the games.

Remember the giants game; we kept getting take aways is the only reason we were up so many points; the offense didnt have anything better to do then to score.

I think the atlanta game is the only one Mike McCarthy still dialed it up. I think he was too afraid of their power and thus didnt let up (which he shouldnt) ... The same intensity that he starts the game with he should end it with.

Dont care if we are up 14+ ... take it to the house and dont expect the D to always keep em in check. Granted I like our D and its ability to do that for us. I just want the D to be the icing on the cake.

Id like this superbowl to be whatever MMs play calling is on the first 2 drives they are similar throughout the whole game. With our wideouts making mincemeat out of their secondary; our RBs flying to the outside and grabbing 3-9 yards; and then some of those RB plays that net 1 yard up the middle to keep em honest (but only very few) ... Most of them I want to see the ball in the air and see their linebackers just tired and frustrated.

What other team in the NFL has a better receiver set and a QB to match it?

Steelers might have the 12th best passing D but whom did they really go against? ya they went against atlanta, NO And NE

heck they had atlanta and NE at their house ... while we played them both at theirs.

I see so many pundits talking about how this will be a close game; like you I dont see it unless Mike McCarthy makes it so. And if he doesnt then I see all hell breaking loose with the peoples tongues as they sit their gaping at greenbays score.
tonyagnese
13 years ago
I saw a quote from McCarthy that strongly implied wed see lots of passing. Somewhere in the quote, he used the phrase I dont want to run into a wall just to run into a wall or something like that. Its gutsy to go empty with 5 wides vs Pittsburgh but the Packers went 5 wide more than twice as much as the rest of the NFL combined.

Personally, I believe that means they need to have their best pass protectors in the backfield, no matter if those guys dont run as well as other guys. Thats what I think the Packers will try to do this Sunday. It is their best chance to have success against an outstanding Pittsburgh defense.

As long as they dont consistently run on first down, they will be alright. Being second and nine all game long is a killer. Still, this should be a great SB, two elite defenses unlike last years offensive showing.
blank
Fan Shout
Martha Careful (10-May) : 1. this is true of all our linemen. 2. His run block is fine. 3. If all OL played like he has, we would win SB.
beast (10-May) : Meyers pass blocking is really good, his run blocking is really not.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : Packers have claimed DE Spencer Waege off of waivers from the 49ers and waived DT Rodney Mathews.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : And the OL protections seem to be good.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : I really don't know lol. I don't see him getting blown up.
Zero2Cool (9-May) : -3 buwahhhahaaha
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : 4th
Zero2Cool (9-May) : because he's 1st
Mucky Tundra (9-May) : Myers isn't even the 3rd best C on the roster atm
Martha Careful (9-May) : I am not sure I understand the Myers hate. He was consistently our third best lineman. RG and LT were worse.
beast (9-May) : Just saying I don't think moving Myers would help Myers.
beast (9-May) : Center is usually considered the easiest position physically if you can handle the snap stuff.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : Bust it is then
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Context. Sounds like Myers won't be cross-trained. C or bust.
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : @BookOfEli_NFL Packers pass game coordinator, Jason Vrable said that Jayden Reed and Dontayvion Wicks shared a placed in Florida while train
Mucky Tundra (8-May) : For now...
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers go about evaluating their "best five," OL coach Luke Butkus makes on thing clear: "Josh Myers is our center."
beast (8-May) : Though I'm a bit surprised letting go of CBs, I thought we needed more not less
beast (8-May) : It was confusing with two DB Anthony Johnson anyways
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers actually had Ray Lewis on the phone.
Zero2Cool (8-May) : Packers wanted to draft Ray Lewis. Ravens stole him.
Martha Careful (6-May) : Happy 93rd Birthday to the Greatest Baseball Player of All-Time...Willie Mays
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Walter Stanely's son
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : and released CB Anthony Johnson and DL Deandre Johnson and waived/injured WR Thyrick Pitts (thigh-rick).
buckeyepackfan (6-May) : The Green Bay Packers have signed WR Julian Hicks, OL Lecitus Smith (luh-SEET-us) and WR Dimitri Stanley
Zero2Cool (6-May) : Petty, but it's annoying me how the NFL is making the schedule release an event.
Mucky Tundra (4-May) : @mattschneidman Matt LaFleur on how he tore his pec: “Got in a fight with the bench press. I lost.”
Zero2Cool (3-May) : Jordan Love CAN sign an extension as of today. Might tak weeks/months though
TheKanataThrilla (3-May) : Packers decline 5th year option for Stokes
Mucky Tundra (3-May) : @ProFootballTalk Jaylen Warren: Steelers' special teams coach has discussed Justin Fields returning kicks.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Season officially ending tonight for Bucks ... sad face
Zero2Cool (2-May) : Giannis Antetokounmpo is listed as out for tonight's game.
dfosterf (2-May) : Surprisingly low initially is my guess cap wise, but gonna pay the piper after that
dfosterf (2-May) : The number on Love is going to be brutal.
Zero2Cool (2-May) : May 3rd. Extension day for Jordan Love. (soonest)
Zero2Cool (1-May) : USFL MVP QB Alex McGough moved to WR. So that's why no WR drafted!
earthquake (1-May) : Packers draft starters at safety ever few years. Collins, Clinton-Dix, Savage
beast (1-May) : Why can't the rookies be a day 1 starter? Especially when we grabbed 3 of them at the position
dfosterf (1-May) : Not going to be shocked if Gilmore goes to the Lions.
dfosterf (1-May) : I hear you dhazer, but my guess would be Gilmore Colts and Howard Vikings from what little has been reported.
Mucky Tundra (30-Apr) : S learn from McKinney who learns from Hafley who learns from the fans. Guaranteed Super Bowl
Zero2Cool (30-Apr) : could*
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Safeties should learn from Xavier.
dhazer (29-Apr) : And what about grabbing a Gilmore or Howard at CB ? Those are all Free Agents left
dhazer (29-Apr) : out of curiosity do they try and sign Simmons or Hyde to let these young safeties learn from, they can't be day 1 starters.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : I miss having Sam Shields.
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : Not that he's making excuses, just pointing it out
Zero2Cool (29-Apr) : That's for dang sure. Make our erratic kicker have no excuse!
packerfanoutwest (28-Apr) : having a great long snapper is gold
Zero2Cool (28-Apr) : LaFleur looking like he had some weight. Coachin will do that lol
Please sign in to use Fan Shout
2023 Packers Schedule
Sunday, Sep 10 @ 3:25 PM
Bears
Sunday, Sep 17 @ 12:00 PM
Falcons
Sunday, Sep 24 @ 12:00 PM
SAINTS
Thursday, Sep 28 @ 7:15 PM
LIONS
Monday, Oct 9 @ 7:15 PM
Raiders
Sunday, Oct 22 @ 3:25 PM
Broncos
Sunday, Oct 29 @ 12:00 PM
VIKINGS
Sunday, Nov 5 @ 12:00 PM
RAMS
Sunday, Nov 12 @ 12:00 PM
Steelers
Sunday, Nov 19 @ 12:00 PM
CHARGERS
Thursday, Nov 23 @ 11:30 AM
Lions
Sunday, Dec 3 @ 7:20 PM
CHIEFS
Monday, Dec 11 @ 7:15 PM
Giants
Sunday, Dec 17 @ 12:00 PM
BUCCANEERS
Sunday, Dec 24 @ 12:00 PM
Panthers
Sunday, Dec 31 @ 7:20 PM
Vikings
Sunday, Jan 7 @ 3:25 PM
BEARS
Sunday, Jan 14 @ 3:30 PM
Cowboys
Saturday, Jan 20 @ 7:15 PM
49ers
Recent Topics
2h / Green Bay Packers Talk / buckeyepackfan

4h / Green Bay Packers Talk / dfosterf

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / beast

10-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / wpr

9-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / Martha Careful

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

7-May / Packers Draft Threads / Mucky Tundra

5-May / Green Bay Packers Talk / greengold

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / wpr

5-May / Packers Draft Threads / beast

Headlines
Copyright © 2006 - 2024 PackersHome.com™. All Rights Reserved.